ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Barnes, trying to dunk on Purdue?

Just an embarrassing tweet. Iowa’s offense is the only reason Iowa couldn’t win a historically bad division this year. Kirk’s son in law shouldn’t be running his mouth like this.

The way I read Barnes' tweet is that Iowa and maybe other teams dont have to go all pass happy with 5 wideouts to win a championship. Mich was balanced and they ran the ball a lot. But yeah he should not have tweeted this because mich's passing game was is way more productive than Iowa's. Last week in the big game against OSU Mich hit a couple of bombs which we only had one or two of all year.

And this is why the Ferentz regime needs to hit the road. Charlie Jones had 13 catches for 160+ against one of the best defenses in the country. Charlie is a marginal NFL talent at best. Purdue's offensive schemes are light years ahead of Iowa's. Purdue hung tough with Michigan until the 4th quarter. Iowa was destroyed in the 1st quarter of the game last year.
DIL needs to take little Tyler's I Phone away.
Totally cringe worthy.

2022 7-5
2021 10-4
2020 6-2
2019 10-3
2018 9-4
2017 8-5

50-23 in the last 6 seasons with Brian Ferentz as OC
.685 winning percentage
that equates to 8.9 wins per season

you have to have an extremely low IQ to want the "Ferentz Regime" removed... just because we had a down year.

Barnes tweet is evidence that balanced offenses are just as successive, if not more successful, than offenses that are pass happy

and I agree with Barnes.. he's right

So, Tyler (or BB or Frosty), why are your receivers leaving? I know-the coaches are always right, right?

Never, EVER, EVER has anyone on this board said that….it’s akin to arguing with your wife and saying and “ you are always right” it’s nonsensical and a nonproductive.

I don’t care what he tweets, it’s far from the dumbest thing that has come out if an Iowa fans mouth, dumber shit gets said in here by the minute.

It’s always funny to me when an opposing team loses by three touchdowns and our fans give them major props that we lose by double digits in. Oh my God we’re horrible… It’s just a bad take, but I guess I’m used to it.

2022 7-5
2021 10-4
2020 6-2
2019 10-3
2018 9-4
2017 8-5

.685 winning percentage

you have to have an extremely low IQ to want the "Ferentz Regime" removed... just because we had a down year.

Barnes tweet is evidence that balanced offenses are just as successive, if not more successful, than offenses that are pass happy

Iowa’s success has been attributable solely to defense and special teams. It’s insane to bury your head in the sand and think there’s nothing wrong with Iowa’s offensive production under Brian’s watch.

the Offense has been fantastic and the team has performed better in the last 6 seasons than at any other 6 year period in Hawkeye history.

the offense had a down year... but overall, its been fantastic and won us a lot of games.

changes will be made... so... you can stop freaking out... the end of the world has not yet come.

The bed has been made, now the Iowa coaches have to sleep in it. Guess they didn’t realize the bed has been short sheeted.

It's a terrible tweet. Only threw for 161 yards but also ran for 225. We can't run or pass. They almost rushed for more yards than we average total in an entire game.

Yeah threw for 3 TDs. That is one touchdown more than our WRs got the ENTIRE year. And Petras only threw 5 touchdowns the entire year starting every single game. Give me a freaking break.

All the while trying to justify his brother-in-laws offense while tweeting holding a job he got from his-father-in law.

2022 7-5
2021 10-4
2020 6-2
2019 10-3
2018 9-4
2017 8-5

.685 winning percentage

I dont think Kirk needs to leave but and that but is in your list above are a lot of games the hawks easily win with just a competent 75 ranked offense. Brian is not getting it done.

Just this year the hawks easily beat Iowa St, Illinois, Nebby and maybe even Mich. The hawks are very close to being 11-1 this year with just a decent offense.

the record in 2020 is easily 8-0 if the offense was ready on game 1. And there are probably a few other close loses in those other 4 years so the record could have been and I say should have been 60-13, WOW, for an 82% winning rate and averaging 10 wins a year.

2017 a 2 pt last second loss to Penn ST and a 7 point loss at Mich St.

Just an embarrassing tweet. Iowa’s offense is the only reason Iowa couldn’t win a historically bad division this year. Kirk’s son in law shouldn’t be running his mouth like this.

We wouldn't have been in this game at all without Charlie playing so well. We aren't going to line up in Power I and outmuscle an All B1G line. So we have to spread it out and hope we can break a few. Unfortunately we didn't and we don't have the horses to go to toe with Michigan without landing a couple haymakers. But we hung in there thanks to Charlie

2022 7-5
2021 10-4
2020 6-2
2019 10-3
2018 9-4
2017 8-5

.685 winning percentage

You obviously can’t see the big picture/problem. Tyler should have kept his thoughts to himself. Appears he is trying to justify this train wreck of an offense KF & BF have put on the field for years. When your average Total Offense Rank is 110 over the last seven years it shows that you are pretty good at not being very good.

yea... in 2020 Iowa scored the 2nd most points in the Big Ten.
Iowa's offense was fantastic.

the reason the numbers are not up is because we do not take chances once we control the game... this is about style of play.

many other teams rank higher than Iowa because they take chances and because they play much weaker opponents.

thats why stats don't mean anything... you play to win the game.

and that's what Iowa does.

I’m still trying to figure out what is wrong with his tweet. He is not dissing anyone (except for some message board experts) and is making a valid point about ways to win football games.

Last edited:

the reason the numbers are not up is because we do not take chances once we control the game... this is about style of play.

many other teams rank higher than Iowa because they take chances and because they play much weaker opponents.

Don’t feed the troll.

2022 7-5
2021 10-4
2020 6-2
2019 10-3
2018 9-4
2017 8-5

.685 winning percentage

Now list the wins over teams that had a pulse in that era. I will save you the time. OSU 2017. Minnesota 2019. Possibly USC 2019. 10-4 last year was as much smoke and mirrors as 12-2 in 2015. They beat NOBODY.
You are the same tool that stated "Iowa's passing game is fine."

Arland Bruce liked this tweet:

There were very few, if any, people saying Charlie Jones “wasn’t that good”.

Arland on the other hand, well, without his muffed punt against Neb and tripping over his own feet against ISU, Iowa might have been 9-3. He did have a nice catch against Nevada, but beyond that he was an empty suit as a primary receiver at Iowa. Charlie had better production at Iowa with far, far fewer snaps.

Arland would be better suited for a 4-5 wide scheme where he can be hidden in space while the defense has to focus on 2-3 guys who can actually create. Probably still not going to get a lot of touches, but will have the occasional big play. Good luck to him.

I’m still try to figure out what is wrong with his tweet. He is not dissing anyone (except for some message board experts) and is making a valid point about ways to win football games.
I don't think it's a diss... but he doesn't understand why a Charlie Jones would choose to get personal starts and stats over winning.

Do you want to be a WR for Iowa and have a shot at 10 wins every year?

Or do you want go to Purdue, become the team's leading receiver (single season record holder to boot). But lose to Michigan in the BTCCG?

What would you pick?

Arland Bruce liked this tweet:

Good luck to Arland. However, I have eyes that work, and he doesn’t have nearly the speed or ball skills of a Charlie Jones. He’s much more Tyrone 2.0 than Charlie.

I keep LOL’ing at “besides one QB who committed give me one solitary reason” 😂 😂 idk, that a pretty good reason and we are just getting started. Let’s revisit this idiotic tweet in 30 days.

Never, EVER, EVER has anyone on this board said that….it’s akin to arguing with your wife and saying and “ you are always right” it’s nonsensical and a nonproductive.

I don’t care what he tweets, it’s far from the dumbest thing that has come out if an Iowa fans mouth, dumber shit gets said in here by the minute.

It’s always funny to me when an opposing team loses by three touchdowns and our fans give them major props that we lose by double digits in. Oh my God we’re horrible… It’s just a bad take, but I guess I’m used to it.

See F5N5 and then tell me no one on here has ever said that.
And Barnes isn't a fan. He is a paid representative of a state organization.

I don't think it's a diss... but he doesn't understand why a Charlie Jones would choose to get personal starts and stats over winning.

Or do you want go to Purdue, become the team's leading receiver (single season record holder to boot). But lose to Michigan in the BTCCG?

What would you pick?
He also lost to Iowa by 21 points. Glad he got his touches though!

Reactions: hawkhockey

What would you pick?

A shot at 10 wins every year? Only in my dreams.

Reactions: hawkhockey
There were very few, if any, people saying Charlie Jones “wasn’t that good”.

Arland on the other hand, well, without his muffed punt against Neb and tripping over his own feet against ISU, Iowa might have been 9-3. He did have a nice catch against Nevada, but beyond that he was an empty suit as a primary receiver at Iowa. Charlie had better production at Iowa with far, far fewer snaps.

Arland would be better suited for a 4-5 wide scheme where he can be hidden in space while the defense has to focus on 2-3 guys who can actually create. Probably still not going to get a lot of touches, but will have the occasional big play. Good luck to him.
So much stupidity to unpack in one Tweet.

I’m embarrassed for Arland for liking it.

the Offense has been fantastic and the team has performed better in the last 6 seasons than at any other 6 year period in Hawkeye history.

the offense had a down year... but overall, its been fantastic and won us a lot of games.

changes will be made... so... you can stop freaking out... the end of the world has not yet come.

Had a down year? Your boy Brian's average offensive ratings during his tenure were in the 80s BEFORE this year. He doubled down by taking them from 120 last year to 130 this year.
Please tell me you live in a care facility. That or the Ferentz machine pays you to post your idiocracy.

Fantastic ? comn Man the Offense has in the " better " years 2015-22 been below average at best, The Defense and STs wins for Iowa in those Years , I do agree I do not want Kirk ran out of Town ,the over all results have been good but with an above average offense Iowa beats MSU and goes to the playoff in 2015 and probably last Year and wins the West this Year . Iowa's Offense is embarrassing and those Kids leaving have to take some of the ownership right with Brian and Barnett and every other Coach that has failed to pull Their weight.

I'm not good at math but that appears to be nearly 14 yds/completion, 9 yds/attempt and almost 1 touchdown/4 completions. Now lets do Iowa.

well old man.. you've lost your mind... it happens... not your fault.

again... Iowa plays a style of play that does not run up the numbers..
Iowa's style of play is to win the game.

when Iowa gets control of a game... they keep control of the game.
that's smart football.

you also have to consider that Iowa plays much tougher competition than the overwhelming majority of those teams on that list of "80"

you don't play the f'n game to get your silly stupid numbers.

you play to win the game.
and that's what Iowa does... they win games.

Oh FFS-you have to be an ISU fan. They are the ONLY fanbase that cites 2020 for ANY evidence of excellence. But I'll play your game. How do you explain Iowa crapping the bed against NW and Purdue that year. How was that high-flying offense those two games? Petras played two good halves that entire season. Little did we know then that it was gonna get a lot worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT