ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Cook Update

Apr 8, 2003
From the Ticker.... will be scheduling official visits (3-4) soon.

https://iowa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1785491

---

TYLER-COOK-140814-2.JPG
spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

Tyler Cook will take his official visits soon.

Tyler Cook might have a favorite for his services. The key word is might. His contagious smile while answering to the possibility of a frontrunner inside the Drive5 Sports Center certainly hinted that notion, but the 6-foot-8, 240-pound power forward isn't going to admit anything just yet.

Approximately two months ago, Cook, a four-star prospect and No. 76-ranked player for 2016, cut his list to six schools -- Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri, and Virginia. So, at the moment, each remains in play, and the vast majority of those programs were on hand to watch Cook and his loaded St. Louis Eagles squad during the opening night of the Jayhawk Summer Finale.

However, it appears the St. Louis -native is inching closer to a decision.

"I'm kind of ready to get it over with as soon as I can now, but, at the same time, I want to make sure I make the right decision," the Chaminade (Mo.) High School standout said. "The timing of when I cut my list down was kind of an effort to try to get it over with as quick as I could."

In a 70-64 win over Net Gain Sports, coaches and spectators witnessed what Cook could do as the focal point of an offense. Playing without five-star teammate and recent Duke commit Jayson Tatum, the No. 3 prospect in the country, the bruising power forward didn't disappoint.

Down on the block, Cook used his strength to get good position and showcased a nice ability to turn and finish with both hands around the rim. He also rebounded the ball strong in traffic and was able to draw contact to get to the foul line on several occasions.

No, it wasn't the strongest outing of the summer, according to Cook, but he is looking to finish his final tournament of the summer strong. Then, like many others, the focus will soon turn to scheduling official visits and seeing where the process ends up.

"I don't even know if I'm taking all five (visits). I'll probably end up taking three or four. I'm not sure which schools yet," he said. "It's just whenever I feel most comfortable. I'm not going to rush it, but, at the same time, like I said, I want to get it over with, but I want to take my time to make sure I make the right decision."

https://iowa.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1785491

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News