ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Cook Visit

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Not sure what to make of Tyler's September visit. First official for the young man, can't believe he would pull the trigger without taking all his visits. Always concerned when we get the first visit.

Great weekend for his visit since it is the night game against Pitt. Iowa City and Kinnick should be electric.

Not sure but thought I read that Moore was visiting in September. Wonder if it is the same weekend.

Excited that Fran will get Cook on campus for an official visit, big step forward.

Go Hawks!

As you can imagine, I've read where the staff is trying to get Moore to visit the same weekend but not sure if/when an official visit with Moore will occur.

I've also read (unconfirmed if it's accurate) that Fran (and Dillard probably) have a home visit scheduled with Cook the following week of his visit. If true, that's a positive sign. As people know, Cook has already said he may not take all of his visits and he want's to make a decision relatively soon - as soon as he's sure. I think we're well positioned to land Cook. That being said, I'm an eternal optimist.

Come aboard Tyler (and you too Charlie) - it's the perfect fit for both of you and you guys know it!

Tyler Cook's game is very similar to Montrezl Harrell from Louisville who went pro after three years and Branden Dawson.It's easy to like how he plays.

As you can imagine, I've read where the staff is trying to get Moore to visit the same weekend but not sure if/when an official visit with Moore will occur.

I've also read (unconfirmed if it's accurate) that Fran (and Dillard probably) have a home visit scheduled with Cook the following week of his visit. If true, that's a positive sign. As people know, Cook has already said he may not take all of his visits and he want's to make a decision relatively soon - as soon as he's sure. I think we're well positioned to land Cook. That being said, I'm an eternal optimist.

Come aboard Tyler (and you too Charlie) - it's the perfect fit for both of you and you guys know it!

I really hope Moore and Cook visit together that weekend. It could be the biggest recruiting weekend for Iowa BB since the Woody/Mike G visit. Maybe we can get Ashton and Mila to stop by and show some Iowa love to Charlie and Tyler.

Reactions: jasonrann
Not sure what to make of Tyler's September visit. First official for the young man, can't believe he would pull the trigger without taking all his visits. Always concerned when we get the first visit.

Great weekend for his visit since it is the night game against Pitt. Iowa City and Kinnick should be electric.

Not sure but thought I read that Moore was visiting in September. Wonder if it is the same weekend.

Excited that Fran will get Cook on campus for an official visit, big step forward.

Go Hawks!
I presume you're even more concerned when we don't get a visit at all? That's the camp I'm in, just in case we're on record for this type of thing..................;)

Go Hawks!

lol.

Go Hawks!

Curious as to why you think it's the first official visit. I haven't seen reports on any other official visits yet.

From what I can tell, this is going to be about as good of a weekend as they can get to have Cook, and hopefully Moore, on campus. Johnson county iclub did away with their Friday morning breakfasts and it was announced recently they were being replaced with a few lunches and 2 Friday pep rallies, including one the Friday night before the Pitt game Cook is visiting for. The pep rally will be attended by Lute Olson and several former players apparently. Hopefully Fran has a few other things up his sleeve to make it the perfect weekend.

That could be the perfect atmosphere for a recruit. Night games are electric as the previous poster mentioned. Lute being there could be a nice touch.

If FB comes in undefeated it will be huge

Fran's a good salesman I think. Hawks have a lot more to offer a recruit than they did just two years ago. This out of state four star recruit is the next rung on the ladder of success. I'll sacrifice a whole bucket of chicken to Jobu if we land both of these kids.

Reactions: unIowa
The official visit mentioned above
I was under the impression the whole thread was about a confirmed OV by Cook for the weekend of the Pitt fb game. Pretty sure Blair reported on it last weekend, which led to the creation of the thread. That's confirmed enough for me.

Big Recruit on a Big weekend. This young man could be a difference maker for the Hawks.

I think we have a better chance of getting him since he is taking an official. The coaching staff has recruited him hard for a long time and he is showing his appreciation by visiting.

Hope we can sign this young man.

Reactions: DanL53
Not to sound totally cheesy but it would be pretty cool if the student section started a Tyler Cook chant. It worked for Reg-gie Ev-ans!!!

Reactions: FSHawkeye87
Not to sound totally cheesy but it would be pretty cool if the student section started a Tyler Cook chant. It worked for Reg-gie Ev-ans!!!

Hey we're all up for any and all ideas to show Tyler some love. I say do it. And in the process beating pitt would be a major plus too.

A Tyler Cook commitment would turn a potential rebuild year in the post into a strength with more beef than we've had in a long time down low, leading the way with Kriener, Uhl, Pemsl, Wagner. He'd also make Iowa a lot more attractive to Moore, Simpson, Jackson. Although one would think an open starting ticket to a B1G NCAA team would be fairly attractive

Reactions: buttermypancakes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT