ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Cook

hawk-i bob

HR Heisman
Oct 1, 2007
Iowa City
anyone else hearing he might be out for a while? ..it was mentioned during the Memphis game that he had an issue with a finger.

I noticed that he had a finger(s) wrapped during the Memphis game. Seems as though he has had a difficult time catching the ball lately. Most likely related.

6a00d83451b80969e200e55067bb678833-640wi.jpg

Well, if Cook doesn't play, the lineup will certainly change. Pemsl and Kriener will get more minutes.

Cook posted on Instagram "Take care of business boys".

Oh well, it's a lost season anyway. Jones out and now our second best player Cook. Get some of these projects some time and hope they develop quicker and pays off in 2-3 years. This team SHOULD be pretty loaded in 2-3 years with experience and talent. No more excuses by then.

Just got a call from someone who heard Cook is out 6 weeks with the finger injury. Not claiming this to be factual, just sharing what I heard.

Just got a call from someone who heard Cook is out 6 weeks with the finger injury. Not claiming this to be factual, just sharing what I heard.
Our basketball season:
tumblr_mxgo0tOR8j1rutx6lo1_400.gif

Oh well, didn't really think it was going to be all that great anyway. Lets hope we can get some athletic guard transfers to come in and play next year after we have some sophomore class turnover.

Reactions: unIowa
If true hope Pemsl gets his minutes. Out of all the frontcourt guys besides Cook I think Pemsl has shown the most upside. His offense and rebounding are trending up. Defense needs some work but at times he looks like the best post defender we have which isn't saying much.

It could be ugly, but we love our Hawks! Yeah, Jok re-injured his gimpy shoulder in the Memphis game, but he'll play. I'll bet Cook either plays a little, or may not be out as long as six weeks for a finger injury. A lot of guys will try to fill Cook's spot- Wagner, Pemsl, Uhl and Kriener will all be covering the post.area. Let's see who can step up on national TV. I have a funny feeling Baer and Uhl step up bigtime.

I was really looking forward to watching TC play against ISU frosh Solomon Young and now it looks like neither may play that game, though I'd be surprised if Cook is out that long :(

Good news is Cook can stay in shape and there will be some practice he can handle.

It's kind of funny how quickly we, as fans, forget the lessons of the past: the past being Iowa football 4 weeks ago.

There is plenty of time for this team to produce a lot of fun, memorable moments.

I guess if your only standard of success is an NCAA tourney birth, you are done most likely; I am looking forward to this team improving and growing. It may have been hard to notice, but there were signs in the Memphis game. Those smalls signs will eventually add up this year to some thrilling upsets and a competitive team.

McCaffery said on the pregame show that Cook had surgery and had a couple of pins placed in his right index finger. Coach said he would be out 3 weeks, but I think that is on the optimistic side.

McCaffery said on the pregame show that Cook had surgery and had a couple of pins placed in his right index finger. Coach said he would be out 3 weeks, but I think that is on the optimistic side.

I'd take 4 weeks...happened in practice before Virginia game...explains some of his miscues receiving the ball...

Reactions: hawki1968
Is he able to practice with the team? Can they protect the finger and let him practice? If so, I'd love to see him spending that time just working on defense. That's the part of his game that needs a lot of work and this would give him time to solely focus on D and not concern himself with his offensive game.

Reactions: CanadaHawk
Sheesh folks. Iowa, for once, has numbers to replace him in the lineup.

Season definitely ain't over.

Sheesh folks. Iowa, for once, has numbers to replace him in the lineup.

Season definitely ain't over.
The season isn't over until Mar. Even if Iowa goes 0-18 in the conference (ain't they won't), the season isn't over until the end of the B1G tournament. Even if the chances of winning the tournament are a 1000-1, there's still a chance.

Crap looks like I will have to wait another year to see the Cook vs Solomon Young match up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT