ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Cook

By the way I’m not one to either go all in or all out on one of our student athletes (perspective) but are we really wagging our tales that one of our guys has earned a seat at the end of the Cleveland Cavaliers bench? Good for the kid but this really moves your needle either way!?

People said he wouldn't even sniff the league.

Great deal for TC. I had my doubts about him making a roster but he did not. Now the key is can he turn into a serviceable role from here?

Reactions: perryhawk
Cleavland is tanking.

tenor.gif

John Belein has always been a TC fan. He tried to get him to Michigan and he knows Tyler's game. Great news for Tyler and I'll have a small crow appetizer.
I wonder if Fran isn’t part of the equation too. Seems like him and Belein respected each other and got along well. May have opened up the door for Cook getting a longer look. Never hurts to have connections.

I have no clue how nba contracts work but if this means he is on the Cavs roster, good for him.
He was on the roster before, but only had 45 days he could spend with the Cavaliers during the G League season. Most of his time was with the Canton Charge. This makes him a full member of the Cavs. Hopefully he is active for the games.

He will barely play (0-5 min per game max) and not stick into year two. He’s not true NBA level. He’s lucky Beilein knows him. That’s the reason he’s getting a chance.

No one needs to eat a crow.
Nothing against Cook, it’s a few extra $ before the Euro leagues. Good for him.

Reactions: Tim Dodge Rules
He will barely play (0-5 min per game max) and not stick into year two. He’s not true NBA level. He’s lucky Beilein knows him. That’s the reason he’s getting a chance.

I'm not so sure. He damn near has protypical size and speed. He may need some development but I think he has potential to stick.

It’s a little more than “a few extra $”....two way contracts are around $200,000/year, getting on the official roster would mean at least league minimum which is $582,000/year. Don’t understand why so many “fans” are giving the “yea but” responses...guy is in the NBA living out his dream. Good for TC, get some Hawkeye representation in the league, can’t do anything but help for the future

People said he wouldn't even sniff the league.
Ah, the old “people” argument. Love it. “People” said he would be a first rounder. “People” said he would never make the league. “People” said Garza would never be a top tier big 10 player. You are on a message board dude. You can always single out “People” saying silly things. Most thought if he were to be drafted it would be late if at all. The consensus on Cook was pretty accurate.

Reactions: Tim Dodge Rules
By the way I’m not one to either go all in or all out on one of our student athletes (perspective) but are we really wagging our tales that one of our guys has earned a seat at the end of the Cleveland Cavaliers bench? Good for the kid but this really moves your needle either way!?

Yeah, it's a really impressive thing to have one of your former players in the NBA. The fact that it doesn't "move your needle" makes me question you. What Hawkeye fan wouldn't be impressed and excited by Cook's progress up to an NBA roster?

We would all love for TC to get minutes but let's be honest, it looks a lot better for us to have guys on NBA rosters than not... right?

Also, great for TC! He reached his goal. I know it sounds corny but that is part of the American Dream, right? He set out to achieve something big, busted his butt, and made it happen.

So instead of trying to better his team, he's basically wasting the spot because he likes tyler?

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
It’s a little more than “a few extra $”....two way contracts are around $200,000/year, getting on the official roster would mean at least league minimum which is $582,000/year. Don’t understand why so many “fans” are giving the “yea but” responses...guy is in the NBA living out his dream. Good for TC, get some Hawkeye representation in the league, can’t do anything but help for the future

League minimum is well over $800,000 per season.

Reactions: Hawki45
Ah, the old “people” argument. Love it. “People” said he would be a first rounder. “People” said he would never make the league. “People” said Garza would never be a top tier big 10 player. You are on a message board dude. You can always single out “People” saying silly things. Most thought if he were to be drafted it would be late if at all. The consensus on Cook was pretty accurate.

The old "people" argument? That's an odd thing to get upset about. What I said was factually true.

You are correct, we are on a message board. A place of arguments and discussion. What's the point of an argument if you can't call out the people on the other side when you turn out to be correct?

Reactions: Bishop1971
The old "people" argument? That's an odd thing to get upset about. What I said was factually true.

You are correct, we are on a message board. A place of arguments and discussion. What's the point of an argument if you can't call out the people on the other side when you turn out to be correct?
Not upset and not arguing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT