ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Cook

That's a hell of a dunk.
Great dunk. Best part is he doesn’t go crazy celebrating and instead gets back on D. The passer celebrates more. Shows a lot of maturity in knowing that he isn’t a superstar and his job is to play hard as long as the clock is running. Very professional which should help with sticking on a roster.

Reactions: HawkIDrummer
On April 4, 2019, it was reported that Tyler would be leaving Iowa to pursue his professional ambitions and to enter the NBA Draft.

Many on here mocked him for that decision.

Tyler is still just 23 years old yet is approaching a half million in career earnings. I am sure all of you had done that well at age 23. ;)

Each of these 10 day contracts are worth $99,020.

So, if he signs another 10 day contract, the $349,544 (TWO YEAR EARNINGS) below increases to $448,564.

His career NBA Earnings to date:

2019-2020.................$151,504
2020-2021.................$198,040
TOTAL....................$349,544

Last edited:
On April 4, 2019, it was reported that Tyler would be leaving Iowa to pursue his professional ambitions and to enter the NBA Draft.

Tyler is still just 23 years old yet is approaching a half million in career earnings. I am sure all of you had done that well at age 23. ;)

So, if he signs another 10 day contract, the $349,544 (TWO YEAR EARNINGS) below increases to $448,564.

Hate to burst your "I told you so" bubble, but that's pretty consistent with what most people (including his critics) said. He'd be a D league guy or play in Europe. If he did well, he could work himself into a couple of 10 day contracts with the right NBA team...and maybe stick eventually. That's exactly what he's done.

Whether he's able to establish a sustained NBA career remains to be seen, but he certainly looks to be working hard in that direction.

Last edited:
Hate to burst your "I told you so" bubble, but that's pretty consistent with what most people (including his critics) said. He'd be a D league guy or play in Europe. If he did well, he could work himself into a couple of 10 day contracts with the right NBA team...and maybe stick eventually. That's exactly what he's done.

Whether he's able to established a sustained NBA career remains to be seen, but he certainly looks to be working hard in that direction.

mG2H6mi.gif

I cannot understand how he cannot stick on a team, he seems like a valuable end of the bench guy. Super powerful and athletic, can get to the rim and there are not many stronger finishers. Still has further upside. It goes to show you how competitive the NBA is.

If he cannot get a 2 year contract of something more stable, he may want to consider Europe. He would make more money.

I cannot understand how he cannot stick on a team, he seems like a valuable end of the bench guy. Super powerful and athletic, can get to the rim and there are not many stronger finishers. Still has further upside. It goes to show you how competitive the NBA is.

If he cannot get a 2 year contract of something more stable, he may want to consider Europe. He would make more money.
Maybe he doesn't want to play overseas...it's not for everyone.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

It just shows you how competitive that league is. He's not a shooter, but hopefully he gets a shot to carve out a niche with the Pistons. Rebound, play defense and finish at the rim. That's his ticket. Tremendous credit to him to actually play in NBA games. Very few % of players ever make it that far.

Nice dunk, though I wouldn't exactly say he dunked "on James Harden". Harden made a token effort to get back.
That said, I love that Youtube highlight vid of TC's dunks at Iowa. Have to go back to Reggie Evans to find someone comparable. Even then, they're not as spectacular as TC's.

Reactions: natewantofbees

After today's announcement, Tyler's TWO YEAR EARNINGS are now at $448,564.

2020-2021.................$297,060
TOTAL....................$448,564

Reactions: TritonHawkeye
Nice dunk, though I wouldn't exactly say he dunked "on James Harden". Harden made a token effort to get back.
That said, I love that Youtube highlight vid of TC's dunks at Iowa. Have to go back to Reggie Evans to find someone comparable. Even then, they're not as spectacular as TC's.

always liked this H.S. (jr season) video

Reactions: silasstarr
Playing at the fieldhouse soon after his sr season ended. He was on one hoop shooting with his gf, basically in street clothes. We got done and were walking out so i yelled down to him, “come on doug, show us a nice dunk” He looked over but didn’t really act like he heard me, slowly dribbles out to 3pt line and proceeds to do a very effortless 360, smiles and gives a thumbs up. Dam that guy was athletic!

This is the type of thing Weezy is targeting I think. Float up and down the NBA if a team needs some 3 point shooting help while gaining access to G League film, nutrition, coaching, dedicated NBA development while making some money.

Those who still are holding out hope for Weezy’s return will be sorely disappointed IMO.

Weezy’s gone and the staff knows it and are adjusting accordingly.

Good news for TC. Earning NBA regular roster dollars for the rest of the season. Nice!
I wasn't convinced he had enough game away from the basket to hang on in the league. Good for him that he found a niche.

Great news for the kid. Looks like 21 games left as well. Just kinda hard to catch a Pistons game living in Omaha though.

Playing the Nuggets tonight. With Jokic playing on another level, Cook might get a chance to get in there and see what he can do.

Tyler Cook is the greatest dunker that ever suited up for Iowa and I wont listen to arguements otherwise. I saw every game Gerry Wright played. Doug Thomas had a few incredible dunks. Nobody had as many great dunks as Tyler Cook. Dude was ridiculous.
Omg Doug Thomas... I loved his dunks. Don’t forget Aaron White’s dunks. But yeah, Tyler brought the beast mode.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT