ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Cook

Detroit played 11 players tonight. Tyler played the least minutes.

The 5 other bench players got between 12 & 19 minutes

Tyler, off the bench:
6 minutes
1-1 FGs
2 points
2 Reb (1 offensive)
1 assist
1 turnover
1 foul

Dude has prototype NBA size. I'm guessing he gets more time soon. Detriot is essentially eliminated. Might as well see the fans see some 6 dunk performances.

Has he had injury problems lately? He played steady minutes and did all right. Then didn't play for a few games, and now is back getting regular minutes again.
The season is basically over for Detroit. Coaches are seeing what they have in their youngsters.

Reactions: silasstarr
Here's what opponents see when TC has the ball coming at them.

R498bfea1bd893219d42a9076c0f89d09

It must be terrifying. Get out of the way or get trampled.

Playing young guys tonight. They put Cook in to start the 2nd qtr, and he got three fouls instantly. Now back to the bench. He did make both of his free throws though. 2 pts on the game.

Reactions: chaneccooms
Fewest minutes on the team last night with 16 total, 9th out of 9. But he had 13 points to be the 4th highest scorer on the team and tie his career high. 6 of 6 from the field last night. Combined for 25 points in his last 38 minutes of game time shooting 12 of 15 these past two games. Only complaints are that he needs to pull in more boards and get better at the line.

But, get the man more playing time.

3 total minutes. What the heck is up with the coaching? They basically played an 8 man rotation for 48 minutes.
So he was put in for three minutes in the first quarter. Don't think he did anything wrong, the announcers stated it may be a "match up" issue/opportunity when they took Cook out. He did lose his guy a couple of times on defense, but wasn't scored on.

After watching most of the Pistons games since he signed. The Pistons are seeing what they have in their young guys, and Cook seems to be hovering around the 3rd or 4th PF spot

I think his three ball and his free throw percentage may be making the other guys more appealing on paper.

So the Pistons are playing the Bulls tonight. First chance to actually watch a live game with Tyler playing for Detroit.

It’s easy to see why the Pistons are bad this year. They had Tyler in with Jahlil Okafor. Most people would tell you that you can’t play pace and space basketball with those two together, but they tried and failed. Backcourt provided next to no threat. After way too long, they started giving their two bigs some post touches and things flowed better.

Tyler played the entire second quarter and you can see why the coaches wanted him out there. I’m not joking when he was probably their most dangerous offensive player. However even though I like Tyler, that is more of an indictment of his team. It’s 57-39 Bulls at the half.

Since defense was a criticism at Iowa, I should note that. Got called for a foul on a clean block. He also had a defensive sequence where the Bull’s announcer thought Zach Lavine had an I-pass. Was late on another rotation that led to a three.

Tyler played the last 4 minutes of the game. Liked his defense better in the second.

As many people have said, he is going to have to improve his shooting. He spent most of the game stuck on the perimeter in a catch and shoot position. He’s going to have to make those situations count. He did a good job trying to get to the paint from there, but teams will start scouting him for that if he gets consistent playing time.

This is a pretty cool video produced by the Pistons. Maybe Tyler is indeed part of their future plans.

In the video, Tyler takes fans on an all-inclusive, behind the scenes look at one of the team's last road trips of the 2020-21 season in Charlotte, NC.

The 3 minute version:

Tyler should get some minutes tonight. Last game of the year for Detroit and I believe they are playing the young guys all game again.
7 pm. Look for the streameast link earlier in this thread, I linked it from another contributor on this site.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT