ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Cook

Watched Denver just now. They went back to their regular guys getting their normal-ish minutes. Tyler played last chunk, maybe 10 minutes. I somehow missed his bucket-plus the foul. Bol Bol went off in that stretch, they were running everything to get him shots. Basically Plumlee playing the PG spot, running screening actions for 7'2" Bol Bol.

As you can see, Tyler's jump shot has never looked better. ;)

Watch:

He elavates so damn quick.

Just a highlight, but seems that he is focusing on excelling at what he does best rather than forcing other elements in his game. Doesn't mean he shouldn't improve his shot and try to add to his game, but if you can become ELITE at a few things, you don't have to be a jump shooter. Other teammates for that role

Reactions: Ronman
The thing with Tyler was always the suddenness in his dunks, in many cases it was thrown down before the defender knew what was happening.

Ain't that the truth. When watching the videos, it's fun to watch opposing players duck, cover and scatter when they come to the realization that Tyler is looming above them with the ball.

I wouldn't care if Cook dunked on Mutombo, Jordan and Scottie Pippen at once...while in their prime. When I think of Tyler Cook and the ultimate highlight I think of this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">YESSSSSIRRRRRRR!!!! <a href="https://twitter.com/BigGameTae?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@BigGameTae</a> GO AHEAD AND THROW THAT JERSEY ON MY BOY!!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/EasyMoney?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#EasyMoney</a> <a href="https://t.co/pmmlWbga2E">pic.twitter.com/pmmlWbga2E</a></p>&mdash; Tyler Cook (@iamtc25) <a href="">September 15, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He will barely play (0-5 min per game max) and not stick into year two. He’s not true NBA level. He’s lucky Beilein knows him. That’s the reason he’s getting a chance.

No one needs to eat a crow.
Nothing against Cook, it’s a few extra $ before the Euro leagues. Good for him.
That's some Trump level muddying of the waters there Mr. Minimizer.

I believe they can bring 17 to the bubble, which essentially means they can bring their 2 2-way contract players, yet I believe they still only dress 15 for the games, thus why I believe you are not seeing him in the box score even as a DNP Coaches Decision.

Not sure where you saw that but ESPN says he is on the roster.

After each Denver game, I click on the box score and see everyone else, including bench players who DNP coaches decision. His name has not been on there since playoffs.

I believe they can bring 17 to the bubble, which essentially means they can bring their 2 2-way contract players, yet I believe they still only dress 15 for the games, thus why I believe you are not seeing him in the box score even as a DNP Coaches Decision.

The 2-way players were allowed to be in the bubble and could participate in the seeding games. In normal years, 2-way players are not eligible to play in the playoffs. This year, 2-way players are allowed to play in the playoffs, but only if they had not been on any team's 13 man active roster at some point in the past. Based on this, it does not appear Cook is able to play in the playoffs this season.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
The 2-way players were allowed to be in the bubble and could participate in the seeding games. In normal years, 2-way players are not eligible to play in the playoffs. This year, 2-way players are allowed to play in the playoffs, but only if they had not been on any team's 13 man active roster at some point in the past. Based on this, it does not appear Cook is able to play in the playoffs this season.

Reactions: longliveCS40
I think the don't shoot thing was because Fran is friends with the other coach, so hold it under 100 so as to not embarrass him.

What kind of money do G League players make?

Google doesn't give a straight answer.

Appears to be complicated. Looks like base salary for lower quarter is around $35K for 5 months. 1/4 the players end up getting bonuses of $44K on top of base. Two way players that get called up to NBA earn around 77K/year for time in Gleague and $900K NBA min rate for time spent on NBA roster. Sounds like you want to make an NBA roster.

Is Woodbury still slogging in Gleague?If so, Not getting paid much. Uthoff hasn't seen much time on NBA rosters. Tyler Cook probably doing best money wise amongst ex hawks.

Google doesn't give a straight answer.

Appears to be complicated. Looks like base salary for lower quarter is around $35K for 5 months. 1/4 the players end up getting bonuses of $44K on top of base. Two way players that get called up to NBA earn around 77K/year for time in Gleague and $900K NBA min rate for time spent on NBA roster. Sounds like you want to make an NBA roster.

Is Woodbury still slogging in Gleague?If so, Not getting paid much. Uthoff hasn't seen much time on NBA rosters. Tyler Cook probably doing best money wise amongst ex hawks.
Woody’s still in the GLeague. Have to respect him for trying to live out his dream. Also, check out this Woodbury mixtape from last year. Looks like he was finally able to grow into his body and smoothen out his game quite a bit. Kinda cool

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT