ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Goodson

doughawk

HB MVP
Jun 22, 2002
I really enjoy watching Tyler Goodson when he runs hard and often he has success when doing so. Am I the only one who is confused when he gets the hand off and takes two steps and stops and is tackled for a loss of two to four yards? I don't knw that I have ever seen a running back do this nearly as often as Tyler. I don't recall tyler doing this last year or the year before. Am I mistaken?

Is this purely due to bad check downs by the QB, or bad play calling by the OC or just terrible line blocking? I just don't ever recall ever seeing in my 50 years of either playing or watching football a running back with so many tackles for loss directly behind the line.

Wouldn't he have a chance of breaking arm tackles if he ran hard rather than just stopping and getting mauled? I don't see Ivory Kelly Martin stopping behind the line for a loss.

I thought yesterday would have been a good time for the freshmen backs that run hard to get a chance. Goodson just seems he doesn't want to take the hit or is looking for a hole to develop which seldom does.

This is just an observation and am wondering if others see this too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News