ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Linderbaum Appreciation Thread. Thank you! Go Get Paid. Looking at 4 Year, $13.24M Deal, including a $6.8M Signing Bonus

Naaa Lindy can build his legacy with another year or two at Iowa and still make 8-9 figures in the NFL.

Green Bay would be his dream spot, but AR might be moving on to Pitt. Tyler was a lot of fun watching grow up, play ball with my kid, and just a great person. Best of luck to you Ty, Solon is so proud of you.

his decision should be coming shortly....

Reactions: obfuscating
Still waiting to hear from him. Still think he is going but he must be having a tough time with it like Hockenson did.

I wont be shocked either way but am hearing from a few close to the situation, and they all say he is staying.
Okay, before I get too excited and move the odds of Tyler returning to Iowa from none to…whatever, please tell me your few sources “close to the situation” aren’t a “My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night” type inside info.

Thanks. 😁

Seems to be something going on with so many guys returning for one more crack at it......is there something they know that we don't? Just find it interesting. Believe me I'm happy about it!!

I wont be shocked either way but am hearing from a few close to the situation, and they all say he is staying.
I find it REALLY hard to believe that he's made up his mind already, and yet hasn't announced he's coming back. I mean I can see if he's not sure what he wants that he's still on the fence, but if he was coming back for sure, He'd already have announced that. Why would he wait if he was sure? I'd say 95% that he's headed to the draft at this point......

I find it REALLY hard to believe that he's made up his mind already, and yet hasn't announced he's coming back. I mean I can see if he's not sure what he wants that he's still on the fence, but if he was coming back for sure, He'd already have announced that. Why would he wait if he was sure? I'd say 95% that he's headed to the draft at this point......
You underestimate the showmanship of dramatic effect.

@EvilMonkeyInTheCloset , which of the following do you think Tyler chooses?

1) Declares for the draft and becomes an instant millionaire.

2) Returns to help Iowa win the National Championship? ;)

Two decisions.

Linderbaum returning so Iowa can win a national championship.........

...and Iowa stealing one of the top team's QBs so we can actually have someone that looks like a modern day QB at that position............so Iowa can win a national championship.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Seems to be something going on with so many guys returning for one more crack at it......is there something they know that we don't? Just find it interesting. Believe me I'm happy about it!!
I wouldn't read much into things one way or the other. Seems each guy is making a decision that is best for them.
  • Belton - played a lot the last 2 years, versatility playing safety and slot. Seems maybe mid-round pick, another year is probably not going to impact him. Is from Florida, so didn't grow up being an Iowa fan or having an emotional attachment to team.
  • Goodson - played a lot over 3 years, came to Iowa from a long ways away. Healthy now, which is not a given for RB's. Seems to be late round-pick/UFDA, which probably doesn't improve in 1 year unless he magically drops his 40 time by .25.
  • LaPorta - had seen him from 4-6 rounds. Been here 3 years. Could move up marginally with another year if overall passing game is better.
  • Moss - grew up in Iowa so some affinity to program. Injury so NFL teams would need to believe he can be 100% healthy next year. If he can stay injury-free in 2022 that would be the biggest help to him.
  • Campbell - 3 years, played a lot in 2nd year, started every game this year. Would all depend on how fast he runs at the combine. Great size, good instincts. Likely really likes being at Iowa. My opinion only, was a bit below his standard against Michigan and Kentucky. Great future.
  • Jones - hasn't had huge amount of receiving reps. Is likely not a draft pick no matter what. Gets a shot at being a bigger factor receiving and of course on special teams. Not from Iowa, but started career at Buffalo. Wants another shot at playing in Big 10.
The guys returning are all good news. We saw how a bunch of guys returning didn't translate into big wins for Iowa State, so no guarantees. Also remains to be seen if younger guys in the program end up leaving because they perceive they are blocked for PT by guys returning.

Okay, before I get too excited and move the odds of Tyler returning to Iowa from none to…whatever, please tell me your few sources “close to the situation” aren’t a “My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night” type inside info.

Thanks. 😁
Ferris is sick again? Thought I saw him at the Cubs game last time.

I keep hearing he's a top 10 pick.

As I noted above, the #10 pick in last year's draft was WR DeVonta Smith, Philadelphia Eagles.

DeVonta Smith signed a 4 year, $20,141,390 contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, including a $12,008,284 signing bonus, $20,141,390 guaranteed.
I'm reading that only 1 center since the merger in '70 has been drafted in the top ten. If true I'm guessing mid first might be the ceiling, using a first rounder on a center isn't that conmon

They just said on 1460 that TL is coming back based upon Dolph saying something to that effect last night on the Iowa bball broadcast. Take it for what it’s worth. Not a hill of beans.

So much for that. ;)

Between $8.3M and $20.1M, guaranteed, is hard to pass up.

The #10 pick in last year's draft was WR DeVonta Smith, Philadelphia Eagles. DeVonta Smith signed a 4 year, $20,141,390 contract with the Philadelphia Eagles, including a $12,008,284 signing bonus, $20,141,390 guaranteed.

The last pick in the 1st Round (the #32 pick)
in last year's draft was DE Joe Tryon, Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Joe Tryon signed a 4 year, $11,171,237 contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, including a $5,484,536 signing bonus, $8,327,887 guaranteed.

Did something happen/did he have a poor performance somewhere (maybe his index finger measured a Centimeter too small?)?
I was surprised to see him not listed in the first round of a mock draft I was reading, so I found a brand new one from a different source (NFL network) and it didn’t have him listed as a projected first rounder either.

Did something happen/did he have a poor performance somewhere (maybe his index finger measured a Centimeter too small?)?
I was surprised to see him not listed in the first round of a mock draft I was reading, so I found a brand new one from a different source (NFL network) and it didn’t have him listed as a projected first rounder either.
Standard draft boards, under 300#’s, no combine/pro day, center is not a high value position. Someone will get a steal.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Standard draft boards, under 300#’s, no combine/pro day, center is not a high value position. Someone will get a steal.
Individual pro day he measured in over 300#'s I am sure those 10 extra #'s will move him up. The NFL is funny on some of these things. The guy can play.

Sounds like you shouldn't read their nonsense;)

So many experts on here had Eppy and Nixon as 1st round locks, and then went through the roof when they fell to Day 2. The Bomb is an incredible talent, unfortunately he plays a position that seldom gets drafted before Day 2.

Tyler signed a 4 year, $13,238,286 contract with the Baltimore Ravens, including a $6,807,844 signing bonus.

The $13,238,286 is guaranteed.

Reactions: Ree4
ADVERTISEMENT