ADVERTISEMENT

New Story ***Tyler Linderbaum commits to Iowa***

Apr 8, 2003
Linderbaum commits to Iowa
Blair Sanderson | Editor

ats48hh2es5rmto7yof1

Solon defensive tackle Tyler Linderbaum is headed to Iowa.

Solon native Tyler Linderbaum has made his college decision. The 6-foot-2, 255-pound defensive tackle announced his verbal commitment to the Iowa Hawkeyes this morning.

A three-star prospect, Linderbaum chose the Hawkeyes over scholarship offers from Iowa State and Minnesota State.

Linderbaum is the fifth commitment for the Iowa coaching staff in the Class of 2018, joining Jeff Jenkins, Dillon Doyle, Henry Geil, and Tyrone Tracy Jr.

As a junior, Linderbaum finished the season with 57 tackles, 7 TFL, and 3 sacks for Solon this past year, leading the team to a 9-2 record.

See highlights from Linderbaum's junior year in the video below.

Here's the video again of Linderbaum pinning Tristan Wirfs during wrestling season. Linderbaum got beat in the early rounds at state, so they never met in Des Moines on Wirfs' path to winning a state title. Linderbaum finished 5th and will be among the favorites next year as a senior.

Reactions: td77
All I know is that we (Pella) couldn't block this kid at all. He was the best player on the field that night and it wasn't even close. Be interesting to see what position he ends up playing.... I'm wondering maybe center.
Not DL?

All I know is that we (Pella) couldn't block this kid at all. He was the best player on the field that night and it wasn't even close. Be interesting to see what position he ends up playing.... I'm wondering maybe center.
My sentiments as well. I like him at C ... although, like Newborg, he could probably develop well at DT too.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
He might be a great DL, I have no idea. I just say center because he has good feet/hands and it is always nice to have a center that quick enough get blocks at the second level. Either way, I'm excited to see him in Black and Gold.
The kid really seems "active." You don't always see that many "hustle" plays made by a DT during highlight film ... and yet the young man is all over the field, trying to help his team in whatever ways he can. Kevin must be happy to have him on his team.

The kid really seems "active." You don't always see that many "hustle" plays made by a DT during highlight film ... and yet the young man is all over the field, trying to help his team in whatever ways he can. Kevin must be happy to have him on his team.

That's what I saw. For his size he's all over the place...active, agile, uses his hands well...you can see the wrestler in him. Wait til Chris Doyle gets ahold of him.

Reactions: Harbinger273
Another solid local player. Congrats Tyler!

I could see him being the next Jaleel Johnson.

Iowa State and Minnesota State huh?

The kids with Akron and North Texas offers present too much of a challenge?

(I kid. Maybe not. Who knows I'm unpredictable like that)

• Angry
Reactions: RothMatt
Actually, think it's MN Gophers who had offered him but could b MN State too.

Minnesota State? Is Hayden Fox still coaching there? Think they are in the same conference with Wisconsin State.
Fox retired back to Minnesota to raise his son, Tim. Rumor has it he's following in his dad's footsteps, so maybe there'll be another Fox in the coaching box.

It seems to me that Iowa has a hell of a lot harder time getting DT's than centers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT