ADVERTISEMENT

Types of "biblically acceptable" marriage.....

What you're doing, unfortunately, is creating your own religion based on what you feel the Bible means rather than based on what it actually says.
Not really, to be honest, I don't "feel" a whole lot when it comes to my faith (sadly), but I have (and do) spend a lot of time reading, studying, reflecting, and praying. Again, Christianity is, in fact, about a personal relationship with Christ and we are judged individually not holistically despite the Cross being for the whole.

I will ask, though, have I said anything not based on scripture (even if misread)?

Not really, to be honest, I don't "feel" a whole lot when it comes to my faith (sadly), but I have (and do) spend a lot of time reading, studying, reflecting, and praying. Again, Christianity is, in fact, about a personal relationship with Christ and we are judged individually not holistically despite the Cross being for the whole.

I will ask, though, have I said anything not based on scripture (even if misread)?
Do you really believe in this "judgement" thing? I guess if you're a Christian, go to church regularly, and read that Bible, you have to.

I dunno... to me, God clearly tells me that this "judging" thing is a human construct to maintain order somehow. Which is fine... but, this whole separation from whatever God is and the only way to get back to God is through some religion portal just sounds like BS to me. Sounds like an institution that enjoys its control hegemony, and the tradition has lasted for a very long time!

Do you really believe in this "judgement" thing? I guess if you're a Christian, go to church regularly, and read that Bible, you have to.

I dunno... to me, God clearly tells me that this "judging" thing is a human construct to maintain order somehow. Which is fine... but, this whole separation from whatever God is and the only way to get back to God is through some religion portal just sounds like BS to me. Sounds like an institution that enjoys its control hegemony, and the tradition has lasted for a very long time!
https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/how-believers-will-be-judged

Imma guess here that this was written by men doing the judging, and not by God....
Yes, written by a man interpreting God's word...I just so happen to agree with the author's interpretation as I've come to the same conclusions in my reading.

Well, as I said, as a Christian, I guess it's unavoidable. I'm sure the Bible can be interpreted to confirm what people act-out and believe it says. But, I believe these words I am typing are the Word of God, just like the words in the Bible. Simple people were communicating what their inner thoughts told them. I can call that "God."

God, when interpreted through one of the Abrahamic religion filters, is a "He." That sorta makes any kind of discussion as to what God is fairly limited.

I was just trying to ask you objectively, but that's not possible. No biggie.

I was just trying to ask you objectively, but that's not possible. No biggie.

Maybe I missed the specific "ask". Try again, and I'll attempt to listen better. The link I posted captures what I believe...my apologies if it appeared disingenuous to just post a link w/o any content from me.

Reactions: strummingram
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT