ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services commenced formal debarment proceedings against EcoHealth Alliance.

I haven't been following this but forgive me if there is any, but I can't find any evidence that EcoHealth started the virus. Can someone provide a link that's not from non right wing source?

Reactions: cigaretteman
I haven't been following this but forgive me if there is any, but I can't find any evidence that EcoHealth started the virus. Can someone provide a link that's not from non right wing source?

The Chicoms will never provide a smoking gun, we just know that EcoHealth outsourced this work to China when the Obama admin increased scrutiny on gain of function research.

In a remarkable coincidence the same city where they were modifying bat corona viruses to make them contagious in humans there was an outbreak of a novel corona virus.

https://www.ecohealthalliance.org/w...5/Text-of-Renewal-Grant-–-NIH-R01AI110964-.pdf

What do you think this experiment is trying to do:

3.3 Virus characterization: 3.3.a Construction of chimeric SARSr-CoV viruses: Infectious clones with the S gene of novel SARSr-CoVs and the SARSr-CoV WIV1 genome backbone using the reverse genetic system developed in our previous R01 (24). The correct infectious BAC clones will be screened by BAC DNA digestion with appropriate restriction enzyme or PCR amplification. The chimeric viruses will be rescued in Vero cells and then verified by sequence analyses. Our research group is well versed in coronavirus reverse genetics.
3.3.b Primary human airway epithelial cell culture: Primary human ciliated airway epithelial cells (HAE)cultures from the lungs of transplant recipients represent highly differentiated human airway epithelium containing ciliated and non-ciliated epithelial and goblet cells, grown on an air-liquid interface for several weeks prior to use (18, 55, 56). We will prepare HAE cultures from three different patient codes in triplicate in collaboration with the tissue procurement facility at the Cystic Fibrosis Center at UNC. Cultures will be inoculated with chimeric bat SARSr-CoVs to assess efficient replication. A
3.3.c Humanized mouse infection experiments: Briefly, in BSL3, n=5 10- to 20-week old hACE2 transgenic mice will be intranasally inoculated with 1 x 104 PFU of wildtype WIV-1 or chimeric bat SARSr-CoVs with different spike proteins, then monitored daily for weight loss, morbidity, and clinical signs of disease.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT