ADVERTISEMENT

U23 Day 2 results/discussion

UndercoverHawk

HR All-American
Dec 16, 2015
Thought it made sense to split this up for everyone.
Hawks remaining:
70kg consi 16#1 Siebrecht vs Kimball, winner gets Askey
74kg QF Kennedy vs Ogunsanya
79kg QF Swafford vs Wolf
86kg QF Assad vs Krattiger
125kg QF Cassioppi vs Trephan

QF matchups for concerned weights:
70kg
1. Ed Scott vs UN Drew Roberts
5. Jonathan Millner vs UN Trevor Chumbley
UN Jacob Butler vs UN Daniel Manibog
UN Brock McMillen vs 2. Yahya Thomas

74kg
1. Peyton Robb vs UN Charles Darracott
5. Pat Kennedy vs 4. Josh Ogunsanya
UN Jeremy Ridge vs 6. Bubba Wilson
7. Joe Lee vs UN Peyton Hall

79kg
1. Mickey O’Malley vs UN Tyler Stoltzfus
UN Brennan Swafford vs 4. Sam Wolf
UN Phil Conigliaro vs 6. Cael Valencia
7. Nick Incontrera vs 2. Dustin Plott

86kg
1. Trent Hidlay vs Jack Jessen
Will Feldkamp vs 4. Zac Braunagel
3. Jonathan Loew vs 6. Trey Munoz
Jared Krattiger vs 2. Abe Assad

125kg
1. Tony Cassioppi vs Owen Trephan
Taye Ghadiali vs 4. Trent Hillger
3. Lucas Davison vs Tyrie Houghton
Ryan Vasbinder vs 2. Zach Elam

Flo’s brackets stopped showing seeds for some reason when I got to 86. Will update once that’s back up.

Jacked Cass with the nimble feet to fend off that shot and counter for the TF. I’m not sure heavy Cass would have been able to respond that quickly.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
Jacked Cass with the nimble feet to fend off that shot and counter for the TF. I’m not sure heavy Cass would have been able to respond that quickly.
I've seen certain situations where his increased mobility has helped and others where being too light has hurt. I'd like to see him gain back good weight while staying mobile. 250 to 260 would be nice.

I've seen certain situations where his increased mobility has helped and others where being too light has hurt. I'd like to see him gain back good weight while staying mobile. 250 to 260 would be nice.
That’s true, there’s a give and take with his transformation. I for one am a big fan of his increased mobility and quick explosive movement. If it’s possible, he looks stronger now than he has at any point. I think he’s building additional good weight and I like the direction he’s heading. Just my opinion.

Reactions: natchrlman
Cobe SeeGuyPinGuy is having himself a day! If he’d stop giving up his right ankle so damn much he’d be an assassin. You could hear Terry yelling move your feet when he gave up the takedown.

Cobe and Brennan Swaff seem to like being In Unorthodox positions. It makes me nervous as hell but they thrive there.

Cobe SeeGuyPinGuy is having himself a day! If he’d stop giving up his right ankle so damn much he’d be an assassin. You could hear Terry yelling move your feet when he gave up the takedown.

Cobe and Brennan Swaff seem to like being In Unorthodox positions. It makes me nervous as hell but they thrive there.
Yep, getting stronger and not giving up his legs are the two biggest keys to him being successful.

Reactions: Gobblin
Stupid challenge by Morningside. Swafford had him worn out and it gave the kid a break. Cost him the match in my opinion

• Haha
Reactions: MVPFAN
Assad up 2-2 with criteria at break over Munoz. He got a TD with a few seconds left in the first - Assad did.

Assad gives up a stepout down 3-2 with less than 2 mins left in 2nd.

Gives up a TD and another stepout to lose 6-2.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: jrod65
Assad up 2-2 with criteria at break over Munoz. He got a TD with a few seconds left in the first - Assad did.

Assad gives up a stepout down 3-2 with less than 2 mins left in 2nd.
Ho hum loss by Assad. Pretty familiar to his losses during the college season.

Reactions: Gobblin
ADVERTISEMENT