ADVERTISEMENT

UAB or Alford

I don't know but UCLA looks awful. Looney is really good, but they play out of control and their bigs are awful. I honestly think we would destroy UCLA. How did they go 11-7 in the PAC 12?

stevealford51313.jpg

UAB for sure...and it's not even close! I would SERIOUSLY puke if we somehow beat Zaga, and then lost to the freaking Alfords!!!!!!

We are better than both those teams, I don't think it matters. It would be more fun to beat the Fighting Alfords imo.

If Iowa can handle the Zags, I don't care who they play in the Sweet Sixteen, although it would always sound better to say you beat UCLA than UAB. But whether it's UCLA or UAB, Iowa would have a great, great chance to win and play in the regional final. Find a way to beat Gonzaga, and this could get really, really interesting...

Go Alford. If Iowa doesn't win I want UCLA winning it all.

edit: If Iowa doesn't it win it all then I'd be rooting for UNI and then UCLA.

This post was edited on 3/21 12:46 PM by PhantomFlyer

Originally posted by srams21:
I don't know but UCLA looks awful. Looney is really good, but they play out of control and their bigs are awful. I honestly think we would destroy UCLA. How did they go 11-7 in the PAC 12?
True.

Zags beat UCLA this year by 13 points AT Paulley Pavilion.

Alford had 23 pts and Bruins also shot 50% from 3pt, as do most teams vs us. NDSU was 10-20 3pt for instance.

As a 67 year old former season ticket holder during the Alford years it would exorcise many demons and allow me to check one more thing off my bucket list if the Hawks somehow got to play and defeat UCLA. Still remember all the threads of his arrogance, wanting free labor on remodeling to his home etc. Go Hawks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT