ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA/USC to B1G?!?!?!

If anything like this is going to happen it's gotta be announced soon. I can't imagine the new media rights talks that have been going on for months have been happening without this kind of move factored in. And the new media rights deal will probably be announced within weeks, so the jig will be up. If it's true, those guys have done a helluva job keeping the lid on USC/UCLA up to now.

Shocked Cat GIF

Saw this on @SInow (Sports Illustrated) Twitter along with other tweets there too. If true I agree they did a great job on keeping this quiet.

Berkeley in Washington are better institutions, although USC and UCLA are not far behind. I don’t like the Los Angeles glam associated with the latter two schools, but I can see why from a business perspective that makes sense, like LeBron leaving Cleveland.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
What is our record in the Pacific time zone?
Probably not great (if talking about football).

Wins off top of my head.
Holday Bowl in 2019, also a couple of Holiday Bowls in the 1980s.
Freedom Bowl in 1984
Two Rose Bowls in 1950s

Ties
Holiday Bowl (1991?) against BYU

Losses
Road loss at ASU
Multiple losses at Arizona
Rose Bowls (1982, 86, 91, 2016)

I'm sure there are many others I am not remembering.

Could this mean 2 8 team divisions with one protected rivalry game bringing us to a 8 game conference schedule, opening up another non-conference game? Could this help us pick up another P5 team via home and home?

Reactions: FWIW4922463
Iowa started reaching into Arizona and Cal a little bit with football offers so perfect timing!

ADVERTISEMENT