ADVERTISEMENT

Uh oh Iowa, about those bridges…

Who are vastly wealthy with their SS checks and pensions if they lived life smart.

pandering for votes
Where should the money go in your opinion?

I know a lot of people in Iowa receiving SS and a small pension, I will let them know that they are considered to be vastly wealthy

Well, we all know that “Iowans will do the right thing!” It has been her campaign mantra for well over 5 years now…….bullshit or not.
Do you do the right thing? You are in Iowa, correct?

Sounds like if they stay clear of blue state bridges, they'll be fine.
So, you still don’t respond post # 15 in this thread. You are quite the artful dodger. You refuse to pick a stance.
Do you think the poor bridges in Iowa should be allowed to fail, should Fed/State money be used to fix them, or should we turn them over to the farmers?
Either respond, or go to hail.
You are just like little marco or tedddie boy. You refuse to define your stance, but rather duck and dodge.

Honestly closing some bridges so that there's a crossing every third mile instead of every mile on county roads sounds like a good plan. That's been happening some already around here. You piss off a few farmers whose field is in the west side of Nitrate Creek but their farm is in the east side and now they have to drive another 15 minutes to get there.
This should be looked at, but it’s going to be very unpopular with the GOP base. In the end Kimmie will take those dirty federal dollars, and expect Lib cities to foot the bill to keep as many rural bridges open as possible.

Are you suggesting that the seldom used bridges are needed, or should be closed? Which is it?
Maybe they are needed, and if so, fix the bridges and keep them, or let them eventually fall under a load crossing them.
Another option is to let the farmers be responsible for upkeep.
Iowa could get the farmers to sign waivers regarding liability and forget maintenance, repairs, or replacement. Tax payers win.
LOL. Iowa farmers don't even pay taxes on gasoline.

The bridges are so bad in Iowa that people stop and inspect the bridge before driving a vehicle over. My trip to IC last weekend was lengthened by an hour because there are bridges I flat out won’t drive over.

-Said no Iowan ever

Then we need to do that. If current infrastructure isn't efficient, make it efficient.
That’s not how politics works.

If you want to know how much bridge per mile of Nitrate Creek to have in Iowa to be efficient with all other demands for resources that money could provide, you’ll need to sell them and see what people would pay to cross and where they’d pay it.

That’s too radical, so you get what you got.

Or how about those farmers that use tractor fuel in their OTR semis and just count on not getting caught. They know the Iowa DOT is understaffed and seldom check on that illegal activity.
It’s like the nation was founded by tax scofflaws and peopled with their descendants.

ADVERTISEMENT