ADVERTISEMENT

Ukraine Prepared For Surrender?

Oof. Also lol @ "fair terms"
Let's review McGregor's previous claims.

3 days into the war .

The battle in eastern Ukraine is really almost over," and predicted "If [Ukraine] don't surrender in the next 24 hours, I suspect Russia will ultimately annihilate them

A few days later

The first five days Russian forces I think frankly were too gentle. They've now corrected that. So, I would say another 10 days this should be completely over... I think the most heroic thing he could do right now is come to terms with reality. Neutralize Ukraine."

In July of 2022 he said.
The war, with the exception of Kharkiv and Odesa, as far as the Russians are concerned is largely over. There is no intention to do anything else because the Russians don’t have a very large army... This nonsense that Putin wants to conquer all of Ukraine was never true. All he ever did in the Minsk agreement was ask that Russian speakers, Russian citizens inside Ukraine be treated equally before the law. That they not be penalized for being Russians."[67]

In September 2022 he said.

“this war may be over soon”[68] and later in the month "the Ukrainian army is bled white, tens of thousands of Ukrainian troops have been killed or wounded, Ukraine is really on the ropes".

It is possible that the conditions or situation have changed but it seems like this guy is not a reliable source. This doesn't even get into the fact that he seems to be a Putin supporter.

They just got 1.7 billion pumped in by proceeds seized from Russia by European NATO allies. If they use it wisely it’ll make a big difference for them,

Reactions: cigaretteman
This can't be true. The board superlibs assured us that Biden would be breaking Russia any day now. I was told Russian weapons don't even work most of the time and therefore there is no reason to worry about them, including their nukes. They will be running out of tanks and weapons any moment...... entire brigades will be collapsing.......mass surrenders.... Is it possibly that they don't know what in the hell they're talking about and just flapping their lips? They wouldn't lie to us right? Joe clearly has outsmarted Putin and has him right where he wants him, right? I mean, surely we trust Joe to be the kind of 3d chess thinker we need here, right? I'd hate to think we have a dementia addled senior no longer able to complete coherent thought in charge of saving Ukraine. If so, ya, they might wanna think about saving their asses. I no longer think Joe is going to give them what they need to have a chance. You're either in to win, or you're not. We've never been in to win thanks to the folks making decisions.

Last edited:
Yeah, Douglas MacGregor is a Russian stooge.

https://www.voanews.com/a/fact-chec...rmation-for-domestic-propaganda-/6972765.html

"The Voice of America asked the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) to comment on Russia’s use of Macgregor’s erroneous forecasts and analysis in its domestic disinformation.

“Douglas Macgregor is a private citizen, exercising his 1st Amendment rights as an American, and so his views are his own and not representative of official U.S. or DOD policy,” DOD spokesman Lt. Col. Garron Garn said."

After Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, Macgregor appeared on three Fox News programs in February and early March to speak in support of Russia's actions. Three days after the war began, he said "The battle in eastern Ukraine is really almost over," and predicted "If [Ukraine] don't surrender in the next 24 hours, I suspect Russia will ultimately annihilate them." Macgregor said he believed Russia should be allowed to seize whatever parts of Ukraine it wanted. In his second appearance, he revised his prediction: "The first five days Russian forces I think frankly were too gentle. They've now corrected that. So, I would say another 10 days this should be completely over... I think the most heroic thing he could do right now is come to terms with reality. Neutralize Ukraine." After one of his appearances, Macgregor's comments were characterized by veteran Fox News Pentagon correspondent Jennifer Griffin as "distorting" and "appeasement" and that he was being an "apologist" for Putin. After Griffin's remarks, Tucker Carlson — who hosted Macgregor on two successive nights — remarked, "Unlike many of the so-called reporters you see on television, he is not acting secretly as a flack for Lloyd Austin at the Pentagon. No, Doug Macgregor is an honest man." Trey Gowdy, another Fox News host who interviewed Macgregor, said his viewpoint was "stunning and disappointing".[8][56][57][58][9][59]

Russian state television channels RT and VGTRK broadcast excerpts of Macgregor's second Carlson appearance, which included a characterization of Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy as a "puppet," that Russian forces had been "too gentle" in the early days of the invasion and that Russian president Vladimir Putin was being "demonized" by the United States and NATO.[8][60] His opinions on Russia and Ukraine have caused controversy, with some including Liz Cheney describing Macgregor as being a member of the "Putin wing of the GOP."[61][62][63][64][65]

In a fourth appearance in early March, Macgregor said a ceasefire was close as Ukrainian forces had been "grounded to bits. There's no question about that despite what we report on our mainstream media".[8] He also defended Russia's invasion in an interview on The Grayzone, saying Putin had taken great care with civilians and this was delaying his victory.[66]

In July 2022, on Real America's Voice he told Charlie Kirk that: "The war, with the exception of Kharkiv and Odesa, as far as the Russians are concerned is largely over. There is no intention to do anything else because the Russians don’t have a very large army... This nonsense that Putin wants to conquer all of Ukraine was never true. All he ever did in the Minsk agreement was ask that Russian speakers, Russian citizens inside Ukraine be treated equally before the law. That they not be penalized for being Russians."[67]

In September 2022, he again predicted on Carlson's show that “this war may be over soon”[68] and later in the month "the Ukrainian army is bled white, tens of thousands of Ukrainian troops have been killed or wounded, Ukraine is really on the ropes". Liz Cheney tweeted in response: "Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch - Why do you continually put Douglas MacGregor on @FoxNews to spread Putin's propaganda and lies? This is absolutely not in America's interest."[69][additional citation(s) needed]

Reactions: MitchLL
After Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, Macgregor appeared on three Fox News programs in February and early March to speak in support of Russia's actions. Three days after the war began, he said "The battle in eastern Ukraine is really almost over," and predicted "If [Ukraine] don't surrender in the next 24 hours, I suspect Russia will ultimately annihilate them." Macgregor said he believed Russia should be allowed to seize whatever parts of Ukraine it wanted. In his second appearance, he revised his prediction: "The first five days Russian forces I think frankly were too gentle. They've now corrected that. So, I would say another 10 days this should be completely over... I think the most heroic thing he could do right now is come to terms with reality. Neutralize Ukraine." After one of his appearances, Macgregor's comments were characterized by veteran Fox News Pentagon correspondent Jennifer Griffin as "distorting" and "appeasement" and that he was being an "apologist" for Putin. After Griffin's remarks, Tucker Carlson — who hosted Macgregor on two successive nights — remarked, "Unlike many of the so-called reporters you see on television, he is not acting secretly as a flack for Lloyd Austin at the Pentagon. No, Doug Macgregor is an honest man." Trey Gowdy, another Fox News host who interviewed Macgregor, said his viewpoint was "stunning and disappointing".[8][56][57][58][9][59]

Russian state television channels RT and VGTRK broadcast excerpts of Macgregor's second Carlson appearance, which included a characterization of Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy as a "puppet," that Russian forces had been "too gentle" in the early days of the invasion and that Russian president Vladimir Putin was being "demonized" by the United States and NATO.[8][60] His opinions on Russia and Ukraine have caused controversy, with some including Liz Cheney describing Macgregor as being a member of the "Putin wing of the GOP."[61][62][63][64][65]

In a fourth appearance in early March, Macgregor said a ceasefire was close as Ukrainian forces had been "grounded to bits. There's no question about that despite what we report on our mainstream media".[8] He also defended Russia's invasion in an interview on The Grayzone, saying Putin had taken great care with civilians and this was delaying his victory.[66]

In July 2022, on Real America's Voice he told Charlie Kirk that: "The war, with the exception of Kharkiv and Odesa, as far as the Russians are concerned is largely over. There is no intention to do anything else because the Russians don’t have a very large army... This nonsense that Putin wants to conquer all of Ukraine was never true. All he ever did in the Minsk agreement was ask that Russian speakers, Russian citizens inside Ukraine be treated equally before the law. That they not be penalized for being Russians."[67]

In September 2022, he again predicted on Carlson's show that “this war may be over soon”[68] and later in the month "the Ukrainian army is bled white, tens of thousands of Ukrainian troops have been killed or wounded, Ukraine is really on the ropes". Liz Cheney tweeted in response: "Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch - Why do you continually put Douglas MacGregor on @FoxNews to spread Putin's propaganda and lies? This is absolutely not in America's interest."[69][additional citation(s) needed]
Sush!!!!

Scruddy thinks he's clever posting this bullshit.

Putin's useful idiot.

This can't be true. The board superlibs assured us that Biden would be breaking Russia any day now. I was told Russian weapons don't even work most of the time and therefore there is no reason to worry about them, including their nukes. They will be running out of tanks and weapons any moment...... entire brigades will be collapsing.......mass surrenders.... Is it possibly that they don't know what in the hell their talking about and just flapping their lips? They wouldn't lie to us right? Joe clearly has outsmarted Putin and has him right where he wants him, right? I mean, surely we trust Joe to be the kind of 3d chess thinker we need here, right? I'd hate to think we have a dementia addled senior no longer able to complete coherent thought in charge of saving Ukraine. If so, ya, they might wanna think about saving their asses. I no longer think Joe is going to give them what they need to have a chance. You're either in to win, or you're not. We've never been in to win thanks to the folks making decisions.
Arent you the slightest bit embarrassed that you posted this?

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT