ADVERTISEMENT

Ummmmmm what’s up with the change to “Go Iowa Awesome “?

JerseyCityHawki

HR All-American
Oct 28, 2019
Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn’t see this coming? Is Tom Kakert still writing for this new name and what happened to Rivals? Maybe I am living under a rock but I didn’t see, hear anything that this was changing hands? Is Kakert done? I hope not as I love reading his articles…

Didn’t see this coming? Is Tom Kakert still writing for this new name and what happened to Rivals? Maybe I am living under a rock but I didn’t see, hear anything that this was changing hands? Is Kakert done? I hope not as I love reading his articles…
I don't know what is happening!!!!!

Tom and co. Moved to On3. The old black heart gold pants guys who spun off into Go Iowa Awesome are now here.

I expect to laugh more than I did previously.

This is still rivals, it's just go Iowa Awesome rivals instead of Hawkeye Report rivals.

Relax, it's still a place to ask why BF hasn't been fired yet.

Tom and co. Moved to On3. The old black heart gold pants guys who spun off into Go Iowa Awesome are now here.

This is still rivals, it's just go Iowa Awesome rivals instead of Hawkeye Report rivals.

Yep. I read their site and guys who took over for them still at black heart gold pants. Enjoy both because they are different and unique along with stuff been reading here for years. I know some here will hate the change. Guess so be it.

Both Tom and Blair leaving and new crew coming here sounds like $ decision for both I assume. On their site they mention being affiliated with rivals will open the door for more content and staff. As for on3 their new one sure lot of lounge paying people will drift probably and put their $ there instead but us who mainly post on free board people won’t change much.

You son of a.....

One change I hope they go back to is on front page always off to lower left was link of tweets. From the old mods are other Iowa related tweets. Like with new commit today or when someone considering Iowa picked elsewhere etc. see it’s not there anymore unfortunately

Reactions: Sexican
Generally speaking, change is OK with me. I'm usually all for it, I like change! But maybe you all might proceed with caution in this instance. Based on past experience, you gotta watch out for the BHGP and GIA mods as being a bit more on the woke side of things. They definately aren't journalists, they are fans. And heaven forbid you say anything that isn't toets PC ... or aligned with whatever they think. You might be tagged as a boomer or even a racist. And then your anonymous online profile will get the boot. Gasp!

At least that was my experience on the BHGP forums many, many moons ago. I had lightly suggested a certain talented and successful WR -- who seemed smarmy in his youtube interviews -- was maybe not the most vested team player. His interview comments were very different than the other PC "Kirk-approved" scripted things we've all come to know as gospel. I literally just said "Eh, I'm not a big fan. He seems all about himself." And then holy smokes the woke outrage.

Anyway, my comment (pointing out how he didn't seem on script with the typical KIrk speak) got me labeled a racist. Not even worth mentioning that I said nothing of skin color, race or anything related to social status. I was trying to talk about team sports, chemistry, etc. But that was somehow lost on the woke-ass admins/mods.

Fast forward a few months and said WR was up shit creek for weed-related things, and never got drafted. I'll let you guess who that was. Sad situation overall for said WR, totally wish him well. I think he's coaching small collage ball in PA right now. I live in PA, I'd love to chat with him sometime.

Anyway, I could care less that my fake online message board persona got shamed and banned by some woke dingdongs. I'm more disturbed by the behavior of those mods to get hung up on silly woke group think. And now presumably they might be in charge here? Yikes.

That's not "Iowa Awesome."

PS - Agree, that "Go Iowa Awesome" name has not held up well. They came up with it about a decade ago and it seems very dated. And like an inside joke that no one actually cares about. And not nearly as cool as they think.

PPS - I'll probably get banned for this post. Cheers!

I look forward to the older folks freaking out about change, however innocuous it is.

SOMETHING IS DIFFERENT, GAAAH I HATE IT!!!!!!
Agree. And absolutely the freak outs will happen. The interesting things to observe will be -- if the changes are meant to be cultural in nature or simply UX in nature. Two very different things, which require two very different skill sets to manage. I doubt the new team is savvy enough to know and understand the difference. We'll see.

Still checking both sites. The Change has a lot of posters screaming. Some good and some bad. Change is ALWAYS happening, sometimes we just don’t realize it.

At the end of the day who cares, but it's amazing that someone could do this for a living and think to themselves, yup, "Go Iowa Awesome" - nailed it.

You could put in about two seconds of thought to come up with a better name. Perhaps the strategy was to generate hits from people commenting on how dumb the name is. Only thing I can think of.

The name is terrible. Couldn't someone come up with something more tied to the U of I and blend some creativity in?
Sounds like something a 13-year-old would come up with...a 13-year-old that's not very creative.

They mentioned this a week or two ago. Went to the O3 Iowa site, but couldn't log in to their forum. Looks like you have to pay $100 a year. Nope, not happening.
So no free version on the O3 Iowa site, right? If so, seems strange that they can't at least offer a watered down subscription membership for something like $4.99 per/mo.

Went to the O3 Iowa site, but couldn't log in to their forum. Looks like you have to pay $100 a year. Nope, not happening.

Create an account, pay a buck, you'll be good through 8/23.

I signed up for the Iowa forums this morning for no charge.

FYI,.. Went there this morning, created a login and gained access to the open Iowa forums for free,... Appears to have football, basketball, wrestling and off topic boards same as here, albeit slightly different format.

Maybe I missed it but I am guessing the twitter section on the front page is not coming back?

ADVERTISEMENT