ADVERTISEMENT

Unhappy players coming back???

iowahaha1

All-Conference
Apr 15, 2015
What happens to many of these players that have complaints when it is time to come back for their reunions ? Will they be welcomed back with open arms by their former teammates and coaches? How will fans react if Wadley showed up? if he does.

What happens to many of these players that have complaints when it is time to come back for their reunions ? Will they be welcomed back with open arms by their former teammates and coaches? How will fans react if Wadley showed up? if he does.
If you're trying to move a culture forward to be more inclusive, excluding people who had complaints is not a good step.

If they didnt personally attack any fellow teammates they will be allowed back. They will be thought of as idiots but they will be allowed.

The question is do they totally lack self awareness that they think everyone is going to forget what they did? But usually people like that dont care.

His dbaggery seemed to include all colors fwiw
That is true. Either way, if Iowa is trying to fix the culture that was bullying, isolating and hurting people. Exluding anyone who spoke out in the future (I'm talking everyone, not just Wadley and Flemming), then it defeats the purpose of trying to move forward.

If they didnt personally attack any fellow teammates they will be allowed back. They will be thought of as idiots but they will be allowed.

The question is do they totally lack self awareness that they think everyone is going to forget what they did? But usually people like that dont care.
People like what? Who call out BS? There were a lot of "people like thats" whether you think their complaints are valid or not. Not welcoming them back just proves they were right about Iowa culture. Just like your post. Or is success of team all that matters like Penn St?

That is true. Either way, if Iowa is trying to fix the culture that was bullying, isolating and hurting people. Exluding anyone who spoke out in the future (I'm talking everyone, not just Wadley and Flemming), then it defeats the purpose of trying to move forward.

Not saying he’s not welcome back but wondering how shameful he must feel to come back after making statements that contradict both his actions and earlier words for getting money. If he needed money that bad, why not set up a go fund me page and appeal to the fan base which has always proven to be gracious and supportive.

People like what? Who call out BS? There were a lot of "people like thats" whether you think their complaints are valid or not. Not welcoming them back just proves they were right about Iowa culture. Just like your post. Or is success of team all that matters like Penn St?[/QUOT

People who are self absorbed. They are out for themselves. You can choose who those are.

The university will welcome them back. The teammates might not be so thrilled depending on how much of an asshat they are. Just like real life. Imagine that.

I would be very surprised if they are ever allowed back unless they buy their own tickets. You don’t get to cost your university what was likely over a million with the Doyle separation for what is beginning to look like it was for the chance at a civil case and then expect to be welcomed back

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Doyle cost the university that.

A Minnesota cop coupled with a whole bunch of unemployed people cost them that. Let’s not even pretend that Doyle is any more of a hard disciplinarian than any other strength coach in the country. Throw on top of it social media and boom, instant outrage and calls for heads all the while we are finding out that this whole thing was seemingly to get a civil suit out of the university where college-educated athletes are incapable even writing their own statements

Well, if he's no different than most people in authoritative positions, that says everything you need to know about this country for the last 200 years. Good for you dinesour.

A Minnesota cop coupled with a whole bunch of unemployed people cost them that. Let’s not even pretend that Doyle is any more of a hard disciplinarian than any other strength coach in the country. Throw on top of it social media and boom, instant outrage and calls for heads all the while we are finding out that this whole thing was seemingly to get a civil suit out of the university where college-educated athletes are incapable even writing their own statements

I sincerely hope that this isn't what you really think. I hope you wake up this morning and think yikes, I should have closed my eyes at 2:13 and not hit post reply.

Last edited:
There are people raising concerns, and there are people trying to tear the program down.

The people who raised concerns are obviously welcome back, as Jaleel Johnson and a couple other players have already been back.

Wadley is not welcome back. He chose to pursue monetary gain over shaping the future of Iowa football in a positive manner. He has every right to make that choice, but he's also accountable for it. He's now in DJK-land. As far as I know, the other players trying to tear the program down transferred out anyway, so there's no reason to invite them back.

They brought harmon back after his allegations and people did the polite clap.

Only reason Wadley needs to come back is to finish his work for a degree.
And he is to lazy to do that

Last edited:
I sincerely hope that this isn't what you really think. I hope you wake up this morning and think yikes, I should have closed my eyes at 2:13 and not but post reply.

It's absolutely amazing the unrivaled insight and virtue signaling demonstrated by some Iowa fans.

After reading this board since the George Floyd incident, it makes perfect sense why Iowa struggles to land top athletes.

I sincerely hope that this isn't what you really think. I hope you wake up this morning and think yikes, I should have closed my eyes at 2:13 and not hit post reply.
basically this news came out yesterday. it was out before but it blew up yesterday. it is 100% accurate, this Robert T green fellow is making up crap and writing statements for players. it is sad. too bad doyle was caught up in this fraud.

It's absolutely amazing the unrivaled insight and virtue signaling demonstrated by some Iowa fans.

After reading this board since the George Floyd incident, it makes perfect sense why Iowa struggles to land top athletes.
Our recruiting class is pretty good.

if player(s) truly that unhappy at Iowa there would be little reason for them to come back to visit. If they do come back, they will have to be reAdy for any repercussions.

if player(s) truly that unhappy at Iowa there would be little reason for them to come back to visit. If they do come back, they will have to be reAdy for any repercussions.
I think any unhappy player should be able to come back and be accepted, and be allowed to talk to KF as much as they wanted. Change won't happen until those that are affected are able to talk to those that affected them. It's ok, this is how we grow and become better.

Yes, Iowa has some highly rated offensive linemen.

Not germane to my point.

And a 4 star black linebacker and a high 3 star black WR. Last year took Craig who had several blue blood offers.

I don't mind Kirk's approach to seeking the right character fits for the program. We certainly follow the Patriots model and it's been working fairly well.

Reactions: kceasthawk
And a 4 star black linebacker and a high 3 star black WR. Last year took Craig who had several blue blood offers.

I don't mind Kirk's approach to seeking the right character fits for the program. We certainly follow the Patriots model and it's been working fairly well.

I'm not unhappy with Kirk or the program.

I think any unhappy player should be able to come back and be accepted, and be allowed to talk to KF as much as they wanted. Change won't happen until those that are affected are able to talk to those that affected them. It's ok, this is how we grow and become better.

if they want to come back, that is fine. KF will probably be open to most. It will be others who may not
My point is if they re that upset, I doubt they would come back

Reactions: ltsimmer
But....sooo much PTSD to deal with in Iowa City. I can't imagine the night sweats, flashbacks, and re-kindling of all of the tortured memories would be worth it. Maybe someday, after many decades of healing, they will be able to return and face their nightmare.

Question---Have you ever been around a high level S&C coach and watched him work??????? It can be very a in your face session.
After listening to the players them selves it obvious there were some athletes that couldnt handle that or to be PC the athlete didnt respond
positively to being critiqued for his poor performance.

D1 football isnt for anyone. Not only physically but mentally as well.
There isnt a lot of time for hand holding.

I have absolutely no issues with KF or CD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT