ADVERTISEMENT

UNI goes to 16 - 2 after crushing Bradley

Have you guys watched him play this year??

He was decent as a freshman & is way improved as a sophomore.

He is a great ball handler, never misses ft’s, and takes & hits crazy tough shots. And he makes the clutch shots as well.

Kid can ball.

I rarely watch MVC basketball. I’m sure he is really good but so was Brady Ellingson in that league after 4 years of doing nothing in the power 5/6. To say he’s one of the best players in the country, that’s what invoked my response. Maybe he is but he’ll have to prove it on the bigger stage. He should get a chance this year.

I rarely watch MVC basketball. I’m sure he is really good but so was Brady Ellingson in that league after 4 years of doing nothing in the power 5/6. To say he’s one of the best players in the country, that’s what invoked my response. Maybe he is but he’ll have to prove it on the bigger stage. He should get a chance this year.

Probably quite a bit better than Brady at Drake. Better players in the country, more of a question mark.

Saw some NCAA projection that paired us against UNI. That would generate a crowd somewhere if its reasonably close to Iowa.

Reactions: BBHawk

He is a great ball handler, never misses ft’s, and takes & hits crazy tough shots. And he makes the clutch shots as well.

Kid can ball.

You're not exaggerating. He might be the best guard in this state.

It's legitimately not remotely close between the two.

AJ had an offer from Virginia.

Reactions: Hawkeye_Pride06
It’s just when you say one of the best, to me that means top 3 at your position in the entire country. First, second or third team all-American type of player.

Examples from last year....
PGs Ja Morant, Carsen Edwards & Kyle Guy
SGs RJ Barrett, Jarrett Culver

Kid can ball.
I watch UNI games when they are on tv. Green has really stepped up his game this year. Blew huge leads in both their losses.

The competition in MVC is NOT The Big 10!!

You’re telling me he’s better than CJF and Weezy???
Puh leeeeeeze! He would be average playing in the BIG

Haliburton is said to be a lottery pick. Better than him? CJ is probably not playing the same role or is the same type of player but better than him too? I believe you he’s good just trying toss out a few guards in this state for comparison.

Hes right there with those guys. Similar type player to CJ actually.

Probably the best shot maker of the 3.

And1Hawk said:

Haliburton is said to be a lottery pick. Better than him? CJ is probably not playing the same role or is the same type of player but better than him too? I believe you he’s good just trying toss out a few guards in this state for comparison.

Hes right there with those guys. Similar type player to CJ actually.

Probably the best shot maker of the 3.
[/quote]
I highly doubt he would be as effective playing with big boy teams. MVC has 1 NCAA team! BIG will have at least 10!

He's shooting under 40% from the 3. Not.even.close

On how many attempts lol.

I specifically didn't say best shooter I said best shot maker.

AJ handles the ball for UNI most often and takes allot of contested off the dribble shots.

CJ mostly shoots open shots.

In a standstill shooting contest CJ probably wins.

On how many attempts lol.

I specifically didn't say best shooter I said best shot maker.

AJ handles the ball for UNI most often and takes allot of contested off the dribble shots.

CJ mostly shoots open shots.

In a standstill shooting contest CJ probably wins.
Get outta here. Have you watched Iowa Basketball? CJ is WAY more important to Iowa than Green would be. Not.even.close.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
There is no comparison between the
Missouri Valley and the Big Ten in
basketball. IF you want to talk about
one of the best players in the nation,
then you should talk about Luka Garza.

Get outta here. Have you watched Iowa Basketball? CJ is WAY more important to Iowa than Green would be. Not.even.close.

I love CJ.

Green is Unis best player, CJ isn't the number 1 option here, at some point he will be though.

AJ is every bit as good as CJ.

If his dad wasn't a coach there he'd either be starting at Iowa or for the defending national champs.

I love CJ.

Green is Unis best player, CJ isn't the number 1 option here, at some point he will be though.

AJ is every bit as good as CJ.

If his dad wasn't a coach there he'd either be starting at Iowa or for the defending national champs.
Your opinion.

AJ Might be All Mo Valley but big whup. CJ will be All B10.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
It was an entertaining game and fun that UNI is having a good season. Green hasn't missed a FT in league play, like 33 or something in a row. Kid made some huge buckets.
That said, IMO I wouldn't trade either CJ or JW for him, and don't need time to think about it. And while he makes a lot of shots, his form is goofy.

AJ Green can flat play. I wont compare him to anybody on Iowa’s roster because...well what’s the point? But dont sell him short just because he plays in the MVC. If he didn’t want to play for his dad at UNI, he would be playing and succeeding at a power5/6 school, he’s definitely that good. Would his #’s be as impressive? Likely not, but he would still be a very good player that made most teams better

AJ Green can flat play. I wont compare him to anybody on Iowa’s roster because...well what’s the point? But dont sell him short just because he plays in the MVC. If he didn’t want to play for his dad at UNI, he would be playing and succeeding at a power5/6 school, he’s definitely that good. Would his #’s be as impressive? Likely not, but he would still be a very good player that made most teams better
That’s a hell of a lot different than calling him one of the best guards in the country!

He wouldn’t be one of the best guards in the BIG!

ADVERTISEMENT