ADVERTISEMENT

New Story UNI transfer Xavior Williams considering his options

Apr 8, 2003
Caught up with UNI DB Xavior Williams, who remains in the transfer portal and still considering his options for next season.

Currently, Williams has Power 5 scholarship offers from Kansas State and NC State and remains in contact with Iowa.

"I talked to Coach Parker over the weekend and I’m supposed to talk to him again this week," said Williams.

A Burlington native, the 5-foot-11, 190-pound Williams is looking to transfer in January so he can have the spring semester to get ready for the 2021 season at his new school. If the Hawkeyes offer a scholarship, the opportunity might be hard to beat.

"I grew up a Hawkeye fan," Williams said. "I know they send DBs to the league and Coach Parker has consistently done that."

"My senior year I have to have my best year because I want to get a chance at the next level and I think going to a Power 5 school will give me a good chance of doing that."

At UNI, Williams played cornerback his first two years, earning first team all-conference honors as a sophomore, then moved to safety as a junior where he was a second team all-conference honoree last season. He could play either position at the Power 5 level, but would prefer cornerback if it's up to him.

"I’d like to go back to corner, but I'll play wherever as long as I’m on the field," said Williams.

With the calendar moving to December today, a decision will likely be coming soon for Williams as he gets ready to transfer in January.

"Hopefully in the next couple of weeks," Williams said.

---

For those that don't remember, Williams was a freak athlete in high school at Burlington Notre Dame, winning state in the high jump his senior year clearing 7'. He also won state in the long jump (23'-8.25") and has competed in both of those events in college for the UNI track team, placing 4th and 5th in the high jump at their conference meet the last two years. Williams also won state titles in the 4x100 and 4x200 in high school and a team title for West Burlington Notre Dame as well.

Here's a video feature UNI did on him, which includes several of his football highlights.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News