ADVERTISEMENT

UNI vs. ISU

WildTurk

HR Heisman
Jul 25, 2011
Teske beats Terukina 6-3. Nice win for Brody

Biscoglia beats the Russian handily. 8-2 Didn't expect that

Little Happel was up 5-1 on Ian Parker before a cradle by Parker. Parker won by dec 9-5

Degen wins 6-2 over Realbuto

David Carr only wins by dec over Holshlag. 11-5

ISU up 9-6 at the break.
Dan Gable in the house

Yant wins for UNI at 165 over Judge

Runyon wins 1-0 over Joel Shapiro/Devine after riding him out in the 3rd.

UNI up 12-9

#4 Keckeisen vs #8 Coleman ISU next at 184
Good action and nice scrambles but no score
First period ends 0-0

2nd period- Keck escape. 1-0. Keck with a TD. 3-0. Escape Coleman. 3-1

3rd period- Coleman escape. 3-2 Keck. TD Keck 5-2. Keck has a cradle! 2 backs. PK Wins 8-2

Last edited:
UNI up 12-9

Bastida ISU vs Gunderson UNI

Bastida up 4-1 after 1.
Batista ends up winning by MD. Too slick on his feet.

UNI up 15-13

Schuyler ISU vs Isley UNI for the win

0-0 end of 1st period

2nd period- Isley escape. 1-0

3rd period- SS escape. 1-1 Both guys tiring. No stall calls. 1 min left.

Schuyler with a TD with 20 seconds left. Wins 3-1.

ISU wins the dual 16-15.

Last edited:
Gunderson at 197 winn dixied the Cuban but the ref inexplicably stopped the action. Should have been at least a TD plus back points.

Good overall dual. Really thought Happel had him at 41...pushed a bad position right into a cradle; could have ceded the two and still had the lead.

Gunderson at 197 winn dixied the Cuban but the ref inexplicably stopped the action. Should have been at least a TD plus back points.

Good overall dual. Really thought Happel had him at 41...pushed a bad position right into a cradle; could have ceded the two and still had the lead.
Yeah Schwab was fired up after the ref stopped that win-Dixie. That was a quick PD call.

Happel controlled the whole match until he didn't in the 3rd. He kinda quit after that cradle aswell. Bummer cause he had him.

Last edited:
So, the #5 team in the country beats an average UNI team 16-15.

I'd LOVE to have someone explain the logic of ISU @ #5 in rankings.

How about it, Tiger?

NM, it's because they don't wrestle anyone during the season. Clones have about a 5% chance of finishing top ten at Nattys.

And this is Dresser's team in Year 5!:D

Reactions: Inthecircle

How about it, Tiger?

NM, it's because they don't wrestle anyone during the season. Clones have about a 5% chance of finishing top ten at Nattys.

Came out flat and lost every toss up match.

Carr didn’t get bonus, and Uni was fired up and competed their asses off, and is pretty good when they have their entire team wrestling

Oh and ISU was “training through” this dual. 😉

How about it, Tiger?

Any chance UNI finishes ahead of the Cloones at NCAA’s?

Reactions: artradley
Any chance UNI finishes ahead of the Cloones at NCAA’s?
Doubtful. Keck will likely be the highest finisher and he's probably a 3-6 guy. Teske and Happel could make the podium with a bit of luck.

To my untrained eye, they look like a 14th-17th place type team. Clones have an outside chance at 4 AAs with Carr, Degen, Coleman, Bastida. But likely only Carr finishes top 3. The others are lower podium guys. That's 11th-13th type scoring.

How about it, Tiger?

#5 in Dual rankings.
#11 in Tournament rankings.
I’m not sure why you’d compare a dual ranking to a Natty’s finish, though I suspect I have an idea.

#5 in Dual rankings.
I’m not sure why you’d compare a dual ranking to a Natty’s finish, though I suspect I have an idea.
My buddy has been reminding me of the #5 ranking for a week.

Besides, there are several Clone fans that read this forum and I don't want them to forget ISU still sux.

#5 in Dual rankings.

Meh, even the dual ranking is a little high. I'd put them at #6 in the B1G at the highest, think they'd lose to PSU, Iowa, Michigan, tOSU, Nebby, and maybe Wisco.

Meh, even the dual ranking is a little high. I'd put them at #6 in the B1G at the highest, think they'd lose to PSU, Iowa, Michigan, tOSU, Nebby, and maybe Wisco.
This is rich...Clone fans think UNI is rated too low after the close dual last night.

An objective fan would say "ISU is vastly overrated".

ADVERTISEMENT