ADVERTISEMENT

UnitedHealth used secret rules to restrict rehab care for seriously ill Medicare Advantage patients

This is one thing I agree with liberals on. It’s time to get rid of for-profit insurance companies and just go to government healthcare. No one in government seems to mind theirs,
Yes, because we’ll be better with an insurance company that is $34 Trillion in debt.

You think they’re going to be looser with dollars?

JFC!

Yes, because we’ll be better with an insurance company that is $34 Trillion in debt.

You think they’re going to be looser with dollars?

JFC!

🙄

This is one thing I agree with liberals on. It’s time to get rid of for-profit insurance companies and just go to government healthcare. No one in government seems to mind theirs,
Yep. I keep getting reminded by the out of pocket costs - into the thousands now - from the last few months. We play the game. We work. We pay our taxes. Yet still can have our savings attacked by healthcare when we get sick. It’s my number one issue. Profiting off the sick.

Anyone who supports Medicare for All are people who contribute very little or nothing to society.

Haha, that’s stupid talk. Are you dumb? Why don’t people on the government’s tit mind theirs?

Every 3 months United Healthcare releases their quarterly earnings. For as long as I can remember their PROFIT EACH QUARTER has been at least $5 BILLION.

Third quarter 2023 earnings from operations, however, were $8.5 billion. See story linked below.

Former United Healthcare CEO Bill McGuire became a billionaire, which is also nuts. He received compensation from UnitedHealth in the form of stock options that eventually became worth around $1.6 billion.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Tom Paris

My government insurance is GEHA and it is actually United Healthcare so that might not actually solve the problem.

A while back a coworker and i were talking about our insurance coverage at work, how much our under 25 employee employer sends to Wellmark every month and the bills that come after a routine checkup and labwork.

I mentioned universal healthcare and she responded that she didnt really want government getting involved with health care. My only response was that having for profit companies involved with healthcare isn’t working out to well for us either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moral
Yeah, that's why a few major hospitals on the east coast are medical destinations for Europeans.... :rolleyes:

Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami is a prime example.

Others:
https://www.insights.medicaltourism...cal-tourism-destinations-in-the-united-states

Get educated. Stop head butting soccer balls.
The super rich foreigners like our system. There’s no reason we couldn’t have parallel private and public systems.

I would worry about wait times with socialized medicine, but look at what they are now. Six to eight weeks to get a biopsy back. Weeks to get into imaging. Two months on pain management.

I would worry about wait times with socialized medicine, but look at what they are now. Six to eight weeks to get a biopsy back. Weeks to get into imaging. Two months on pain management.
this. The wait time argument doesnt hold water from my, and from what my dad tells me re: his, anecdotal experiences for certain appointments.

Yep. I keep getting reminded by the out of pocket costs - into the thousands now - from the last few months. We play the game. We work. We pay our taxes. Yet still can have our savings attacked by healthcare when we get sick. It’s my number one issue. Profiting off the sick.
Couldn't agree more. The last trip I had to the emergency room (I got ran over by a woman high on meth on my Harley), they charged me $5 for a 3x3 gauze. I had a bill for $265 just for gauze. JFC, I could have bought a pallet of them for that.

The healthcare industry needs restrictions on pricing, not how we pay for it.

Yeah, that's why a few major hospitals on the east coast are medical destinations for Europeans.... :rolleyes:

Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami is a prime example.

Others:
https://www.insights.medicaltourism...cal-tourism-destinations-in-the-united-states

Get educated. Stop head butting soccer balls.
Thank you for reminding me how dumb you are. You think you understand what we’re discussing, but obviously you don’t. Once again, a PE teacher is more intelligent than whatever it is you do, so your simpleton jab is a fail.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
this. The wait time argument doesnt hold water from my, and from what my dad tells me re: his, anecdotal experiences for certain appointments.
It’s something to scare Americans from wanting universal healthcare. We already have wait times and people try to make us think that you have to wait 2 weeks to see a doctor in Denmark after a heart attack. No common sense or logic.

They killed my FIL with them. Took him three months from discovering a bump to surgical removal. They didn’t get it all in surgery, and everything since has been buying time.

Success for mucusol melanoma is almost entirely based on the size and depth of the melanoma when they operate. He missed having a clean removal by about two weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT