ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Arizona Charged w/ FIVE Level I Violations. 2 Yrs Ago was thought that Sean Miller Was Likely Done where He Would Have Walked w/ $10.3M

The investigation had been swirling around for quite awhile, and all of a sudden Arizona found out about it? It's sad that Arizona didn't take action on their own within weeks of the juiciest parts of this scandal broke. Instead they let the NCAA fumble around in the dark for a year.

The FBI story broke 3 1/2 years ago (Sep 2017), so no, Arizona did not did not just find out about it.

And as I posted above, the NCAA investigation resulted in FIVE level 1 violations against Arizona.

I started this thread March 9, 2019. And as you can see by the thread title, at that time Sean would have walked away with $10.3M, no matter what.

Last edited:
The FBI story broke 3 1/2 years ago (Sep 2017), so no, Arizona did not did not just find out about it.

And as I posted above, the NCAA investigation resulted in FIVE level 1 violations against Arizona.

I started this thread March 9, 2029. And as you can see by the thread title, at that time Sean would have walked away with $10.3M, no matter what.
You are bending my mind, man. You started this thread 8 years in the future?

So who is Arizona going to get? If the NCAA lays down the hammer, it won't be nearly as an attractive job as when Miller accepted it over a decade ago.

Good question. I started this thread 2 years ago; how Sean survived that long is another good question.

But you are wrong; the NCAA has already laid down the hammer; will any of it stick, is the question.

Its hard to believe that it was 3 1/2 years ago (Sep 2017) when the FBI announced its investigation into college basketball

The ensuing NCAA investigation of Arizona led to FIVE Level I (most serious) charges, including:

* Multiple allegations of academic misconduct, including arranging for payment of $40,000 for a false or inaccurate transcript for one athlete who ended up competing for Arizona in postseason tournaments. These payments occurred between March 2016 and September 2017 for two prospective athletes who needed to meet academic standards.

* A bribery scheme

* The cover-up of a $500 loan

* Lack of head coach responsibility

* A lack of institutional control by the university.

The full story:

I am shocked but not at all surprised.

If you had video of a HC handing money to an AAU coach (or receiving money from someone), it wouldn't be enough.

Cheating and not getting punished is the "new integrity".

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
ADVERTISEMENT