Jun 14, 2001
Name: Isaiah Nimmers
High School: Cedar Rapids Washington
Position: Defensive Back
Graduation Year: 2016
Height: 5-foot-9
Weight: 173 pounds
Video: Hudl

What camps have you been to this summer?
"I have been to Northern Illinois, UNI, Iowa, I'll probably go to Iowa State, maybe Illinois State, and maybe Western Illinois."

How did you perform at the camps?
"Northern Illinois was really good. They liked me. They are trying to figure out how many defensive backs they are going to offer this year because they signed so many last year. UNI already offered me and they liked me at the camp. Iowa tells me to keep being patient. They just want me to stay patient."

How do you feel you performed at the Iowa camp?
"I think I performed really good. They said at the camp that I was the best defensive back there but they wanted to get through all the camps to evaluate everyone."

Which Iowa coaches did you talk to and what did they say?
"I talked to Coach Parker and I talked to Coach Morgan. They just said that basically I need to work on my speed a little and that is what I'm working on."

What has been the interest from Iowa?
"It is hard to tell because every time they talk to me they tell me to be patient. They send me stuff weekly. I got a call from Coach Morgan."

How was the conversation with Coach Morgan?
"It was pretty good. It was the same kind of stuff as in person. He was asking me if there were any colleges pressing me to commit and he said to give him a call if I was going to decide soon."

How do you feel about Iowa?
"I think it would be a nice fit. I think I could fit in with their defense pretty well. Their coaches are cool and I think it would be a good fit. It is not too far from home."

What schools are recruiting you the hardest?
"Probably Iowa, Northern Illinois, obviously UNI and South Dakota, and Western Illinois too."

What schools have offered you?
"South Dakota and Northern Iowa."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News