ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Moss

I believe Cook is upset about something in the Iowa BB program. He knows his odds of getting drafted are very slim. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Reactions: hawkfan1963
He appears to know from the interview I saw...basically said he will be back for sure. I’m personally very happy about that. Seems like a good kid and a good teammate.

Cordell seemed pretty down in his interview. He may or may not be back....guessing that depends on what Cook does.

Reactions: Jonnymungo
Is Moss's statement a joke? He does know he has to pull out BEFORE the draft, right? You can't say I'll return if I don't get drafted. That's not how it works
Translation: Moss is just going through this to hear from the horse’s mouth (NBA scouts) what he needs to do going forward. About being drafted, he means that the scouts tell him he’s not going to be.

I know this seems obvious to us, but to kids who believe in themselves, sometimes not so much. To kids that seem to be B1G stars (cough, Cook, cough), even harder for them to hear.

Translation: Moss is just going through this to hear from the horse’s mouth (NBA scouts) what he needs to do going forward. About being drafted, he means that the scouts tell him he’s not going to be.

I know this seems obvious to us, but to kids who believe in themselves, sometimes not so much. To kids that seem to be B1G stars (cough, Cook, cough), even harder for them to hear.
Gotcha, thanks

I'd like to see TC come back but at this stage I doubt he will. Just a feeling I have. He would be a force in Europe with his athletic ability. If they like dunks over there a la Aaron White, they'd go bananas with TC. Looking forward to a new Isaiah Moss.

Reactions: perryhawk
What did Pemsl show to earn more PT? He had a year to work on his game and came back with no right hand or mid-range game. The kid plays hard and is a gamer, but is undersized with 0 hops and below the rim game.

I have said since he announced, Cook is gone. Just my two-cents, but he wants to get paid and do not think he wants to play on another crappy team. He has not said anything resembling what Moss said. If he returns to college ball, I suspect he will transfer to a better team, sit out a year, and have a shot at making the tourney. He would get snatched up by an SEC or Big 12 team in a heartbeat.

I believe Cook is upset about something in the Iowa BB program. He knows his odds of getting drafted are very slim. I don't have a good feeling about this.

Agree.

This team played far below it's potential this year IMO. They seemed to play like it was an obligation, rather than an exciting opportunity. We're now seeing a few cracks on the team. Just wondering if there were a few really unhappy guys on the team.

well in my humble opinion I don't think Benzel deserved more playing time I would have played in a little bit less
4028405-samuel.jpg

I'd like to see TC come back but at this stage I doubt he will. Just a feeling I have. He would be a force in Europe with his athletic ability. If they like dunks over there a la Aaron White, they'd go bananas with TC. Looking forward to a new Isaiah Moss.

It is my GUESS that TC is gone as well....probably 60/40 or more chance that he goes. That said, when the review comes back from the NBA and (assuming) it's a negative and he is not on the draft board Fran has a chance to re recruit him.....something I'm sure he is already doing. So, I think there is still a chance that he comes back but if I had to bet money it would be on his leaving.......I think this team has a chance to make a significant step forward next year. Cook could be a very positive part of that, but I also think that we can be okay if he goes.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
There are an awful lot of interviews of players, over the last year, and almost all of them are of players who simply are not happy. I don't know how you can produce a winning season or program with players who are dejected.

There are an awful lot of interviews of players, over the last year, and almost all of them are of players who simply are not happy. I don't know how you can produce a winning season or program with players who are dejected.

You want them to be happy about going 14-19? Losing takes its toll on you, especially when you think you are going to be good.

I wonder too if Tyler sees his friend and HS teammate have a really good rookie year in the NBA and wants that. Maybe he just wants to get paid to play basketball and whether that is G league or Europe, just doesn't want to be in school anymore.

Reactions: West Side Hawks
Completely agree. Alongside that, it's up to the players as well to do something about it (play hard EVERY night and leave it all on the court) ...

I wonder too if Tyler sees his friend and HS teammate have a really good rookie year in the NBA and wants that. Maybe he just wants to get paid to play basketball and whether that is G league or Europe, just doesn't want to be in school anymore.
Also, one would hope he would take advantage of the opportunity to earn a degree. You can't play basketball forever and so he will need something to fall back on when the career is finished.

I haven't seen anything to this point which suggests that Cook could be Jayson Tatum's caddy, much less a good comp for his potential value to NBA teams.

Reactions: goodbyebobby

From what I've read, Cook's plan was to play college ball for a couple of years and move on one way or another. I think it answers a question about Fran's recruiting too and to why so many big men on the roster.

Reactions: West Side Hawks
Yeah, he's made no bones about playing pro ball. He's not ready yet by most accounts, but evaluation is needed. That's where the scouts come in. If he doesn't come back, my bet is that he would go overseas. Just a hunch.

ADVERTISEMENT