ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Bowl Projections

Mar 14, 2003
CBS: Citrus vs Texas A&M
24/7: Outback vs Arkansas

I don’t see Outback happening at all as Iowa has been to 2/5 last Outback Bowls. It’s been sometime for Wisconsin and Penn State. Even longer for MSU and OSU. I think Iowa has been to Tampa too much in the 2000s.

Also…

From the Big Ten:

The Big Ten’s 2020-25 bowl lineup will also feature the same selection process that has been used since 2014 to ensure outstanding bowl matchups and fresh postseason destinations. Each bowl partner will work with the Big Ten to create the best possible matchup based upon an agreed set of parameters, with final approval by the conference office for all team selections. The Citrus, Outback, Music City, New Era Pinstripe, Cheez-It, Redbox and Quick Lane Bowls will feature a Big Ten team in each year of the agreement, while the Las Vegas and Belk Bowls will rotate annually and each feature three teams over the six-year agreement.

1. Rose
2. Citrus
3. Outback
4. Vegas (21,23,25)
5. Music City
6. Pinstripe
7. Dukes Mayo (22,24)
8. Cheez-It
9. Redbox - Cancelled
10. Quicklane
I think the Hawks would have to win out to get to the Citrus. I agree with you about the Outback.

I'm guessing Vegas or Music City if they go 9-3.

Hopefully OSU goes to the playoffs - not a certainty.

Then, Mich, MSU and Wisky take the Rose, Citrus and Outback (not in that order).

Reactions: obfuscating
I think the Hawks would have to win out to get to the Citrus. I agree with you about the Outback.

Then, Mich, MSU and Wisky take the Rose, Citrus and Outback (not in that order).
Probably looking at Oregon State, Washington State, or Arizona State in Vegas. Music City seems like it’s zeroing in on Tennessee.

Wanna bet?

I've been to the Rose, Orange, Citrus, Outback, Alamo and Gator Bowl.

Yes, starting the season 6-0 and possibly ending up in the Outback is a bit of a buzzkill.
The Pinstripe Bowl was the ultimate buzzkill bowl, since the 1997 Sun Bowl.

But, I, and many other Iowa fans, will happily go back to Tampa.

Orlando is theme parks and the stadium is a dump.
So glad the B1G got out of the Gator Bowl.
Been to Miami multiple times, and just can't connect with the city.

Reactions: haightt and NI hawk
I may be looking at this completely wrong, but assume this:

1. Iowa wins the rest of their games, which we will be favored in all of them. 10-2
2. Wisky wins out. Plays in B1G and loses. 9-4.
3. OSU wins out. CFP.
4. PSU beats both Mich and MSU. They all end 9-3.

Right now iowa is going to probably be in that high teens in rankings. Wisky will be right with them and PSU will be behind them. MSU probably is going to be 8-10 and Michigan around 5 or 6. First if you look at the teams between Iowa and Mich/MSU a lot of them are going to lose. Then you see that Iowa ends on a 4 game winning streak while wisky, Michigan and MSU end with losses and 2 out of their last 3.

Because wisky loses their last game they will be behind Iowa in the rankings. And isn't it conceivable that Iowa passes both Michigan and MSU in the standings and doesn't get jumped by PSU?

If that were the case, which all it is possible if not probable, doesn't Iowa go to the Rose?

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
I may be looking at this completely wrong, but assume this:

1. Iowa wins the rest of their games, which we will be favored in all of them. 10-2
2. Wisky wins out. Plays in B1G and loses. 9-4.
3. OSU wins out. CFP.
4. PSU beats both Mich and MSU. They all end 9-3.

Right now iowa is going to probably be in that high teens in rankings. Wisky will be right with them and PSU will be behind them. MSU probably is going to be 8-10 and Michigan around 5 or 6. First if you look at the teams between Iowa and Mich/MSU a lot of them are going to lose. Then you see that Iowa ends on a 4 game winning streak while wisky, Michigan and MSU end with losses and 2 out of their last 3.

Because wisky loses their last game they will be behind Iowa in the rankings. And isn't it conceivable that Iowa passes both Michigan and MSU in the standings and doesn't get jumped by PSU?

If that were the case, which all it is possible if not probable, doesn't Iowa go to the Rose?
Highest non playoff team goes to Rose. Would Iowa be ranked higher than Wisky? I say no.

Highest non playoff team goes to Rose. Would Iowa be ranked higher than Wisky? I say no.
You think a 9-4 wisky team after losing in the B1G championship game would be ranked higher than a 10-2 iowa team on a 4 game winning streak? Especially since they are nearly tied in the rankings now and neither team has an opportunity for a big win throughout the rest of the season?

You think a 9-4 wisky team after losing in the B1G championship game would be ranked higher than a 10-2 iowa team on a 4 game winning streak? Especially since they are nearly tied in the rankings now and neither team has an opportunity for a big win throughout the rest of the season?
I think the CFP committee considers it depending on how we win or lose. They really value head to head. Iowa will lose at least one of their remaining three, at least. The offense is putrid.

Vegas would be a fun trip, but can’t make that happen this year. So as far as trips I’m rooting for Nashville assuming NY6 is out. Otherwise I don’t care really.

If we were to totally fall apart and the Pinstripe was in play again we should just decline. What a miserable game, and playing conditions…..we were lucky no one snapped a leg that night

I've been to the Rose, Orange, Citrus, Outback, Alamo and Gator Bowl.

Yes, starting the season 6-0 and possibly ending up in the Outback is a bit of a buzzkill.
The Pinstripe Bowl was the ultimate buzzkill bowl, since the 1997 Sun Bowl.

But, I, and many other Iowa fans, will happily go back to Tampa.

Orlando is theme parks and the stadium is a dump.
So glad the B1G got out of the Gator Bowl.
Been to Miami multiple times, and just can't connect with the city.
Haven't been in the Citrus Bowl since they re-did it, I take it?

IF O$U makes CFP, Rose will take the other B1G CG participant. They have all but said/committed to that. In that scenario, my guess would be MSU or UM to Citrus, with Iowa as an outside shot at 10-2. Steve Hogan and the FCS REALLY want Iowa back in Orlando. The problem is, a 10-2 Michigan or MSU is tough to pass on from the TV perspective. And don't, for a second, think TV folks aren't riding herd on bowl selection committees and personnel.

Agree with Vegas or MC - I think we have too many teams ahead of us (tOSU, MSU, UM, Wiscy, possibly even Purdue.

What bowl is Nebby going too? :p🤣🤣

Michigan drops their next game they'll be looking at 3 losses. MSU still has a tough road too. Win out and it's Citrus, imo.

I would be surprised if hawks win out, hope so but doubt it. Hoping for music city. The Hawkeye fans would own Broadway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT