ADVERTISEMENT

Upset yes, thankful yes.

SuperSK

HR MVP
Oct 29, 2001
We all love our Hawks to death. These guys go to class in rooms I sat in with their granddads who were FB players. Let's give our current Hawks some praise and remember that they have just as much or more black and gold in their veins as we do and maybe more. While it's trite to say it's just a game, it is just a game. Games are for our entertainment and adrenline rushes. I'm also thankful for KIrk and his coaches. Mistakes made ? yes. We're led by a man who cries openly and isn't afraid to show emotions. My wife died a few months ago and Thansgiving was hard but a thankful day. When I saw my little three year old granddaughter dressed in a little black and gold outfit she said "GO HAWKS GRANDPA". Indeed GO HAWKS !!! 😎❤️🏈

Agreed. As much as we fans are invested, it is the players that sweat and bleed and ache.

We all love our Hawks to death. These guys go to class in rooms I sat in with their granddads who were FB players. Let's give our current Hawks some praise and remember that they have just as much or more black and gold in their veins as we do and maybe more. While it's trite to say it's just a game, it is just a game. Games are for our entertainment and adrenline rushes. I'm also thankful for KIrk and his coaches. Mistakes made ? yes. We're led by a man who cries openly and isn't afraid to show emotions. My wife died a few months ago and Thansgiving was hard but a thankful day. When I saw my little three year old granddaughter dressed in a little black and gold outfit she said "GO HAWKS GRANDPA". Indeed GO HAWKS !!! 😎❤️🏈
Very nice post! And...sorry for the loss of your Wife. I appreciate your perspective....and I wish others had it.

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
I think getting this horribly flawed team to 7 wins is a near miracle. Kirk deserves respect for that. However, he and his coaches also are responsible for constructing this very flawed team. Do you realize what could have been the last two years with even an average offense? We could have been in the final four both years. Oh well, candy and nuts and if’s and but’s.

Iowa has some issues to address. Here is my list:

1. How did the OL get this bad and how do you fix it? They are very slow footed and confused on who to block. Recruiting and coaching need to be addressed. Can Kirk do it?

2. Why does Iowa apparently not have a P5 QB on the roster? Again, recruiting and coaching. Can Kirk fix it? His son Brian is not getting it done. Even though Brian supposedly works for Barta, you know Barta doesn’t fart without Kirk’s permission.

3. Wide receivers. Iowa doesn’t appear to have any wideouts capable of stretching the field and even if we did, the offense is not designed to stretch the field and get large chunk yardage. We’ve seen this play out again and again whenever we fall behind. Again, recruiting and coaching. Can Kirk get it done?

one more thing, if there is any justice in the world, Phil Parker should win the Broyles award for best coordinator! Can you imagine what the last two years would have looked like without our defense being elite? It’s scary to think about.

Personally, if I was Kirk, I’d think about retiring after the bowl game. Next years offense and defense might be pretty bad.

I'm thankful that I get to live a life where I can take a 4 day weekend and spend an entire day invested in a football game. I am thankful foe thr young men who wear a Hawkeye jersey while pursuing a game they love.

We don't even fake that we are going to try to win national championships, I'm ready for a more entertaining product. 23 years in, ZERO outright conference championships. Let's find a style that isn't to literally take all of the fun out of the game.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
I think getting this horribly flawed team to 7 wins is a near miracle. Kirk deserves respect for that. However, he and his coaches also are responsible for constructing this very flawed team. Do you realize what could have been the last two years with even an average offense? We could have been in the final four both years. Oh well, candy and nuts and if’s and but’s.

Iowa has some issues to address. Here is my list:

1. How did the OL get this bad and how do you fix it? They are very slow footed and confused on who to block. Recruiting and coaching need to be addressed. Can Kirk do it?

2. Why does Iowa apparently not have a P5 QB on the roster? Again, recruiting and coaching. Can Kirk fix it? His son Brian is not getting it done. Even though Brian supposedly works for Barta, you know Barta doesn’t fart without Kirk’s permission.

3. Wide receivers. Iowa doesn’t appear to have any wideouts capable of stretching the field and even if we did, the offense is not designed to stretch the field and get large chunk yardage. We’ve seen this play out again and again whenever we fall behind. Again, recruiting and coaching. Can Kirk get it done?

one more thing, if there is any justice in the world, Phil Parker should win the Broyles award for best coordinator! Can you imagine what the last two years would have looked like without our defense being elite? It’s scary to think about.

Personally, if I was Kirk, I’d think about retiring after the bowl game. Next years offense and defense might be pretty bad.
People always talk about Hayden staying too long and the cupboards being bare. I was much younger then and donr really remember it, but, as I look at what we have next year I see "some good pieces" on defense (without much depth) and 1 player on offense that might make another p5 start.

They are "bare".

Agreed. As much as we fans are invested, it is the players that sweat and bleed and ache.
Absolutely. That's why they deserve offensive coaches who know what they are doing and don't let everyone down. I feel especially bad for guys like Campbell, Moss, Merriweather, Benson, Shannon, Waggoner, Evans.... they deserved better. That's a lot to replace

Reactions: kcgolfer
ADVERTISEMENT