ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer knew of domestic abuse in 2015

This is gonna blow up big. I haven't gone there yet, but from what I understand there's a lengthy and detailed Facebook post by McMurphy about it.

Yep, texts exchanged with Meyers wife and others, along with pictures the victim sent. Meyer stated at Big Ten media days that he and his staff were unaware, but it looks like everyone on staff knew.

Reactions: David1979
tenor.gif

Jim Tressel was dismissed from tOSU for letting players trade memorabilia for tattoos and other benefits. This is a lot more serious.

It is more serious. What Urban did isn’t an NCAA violation though. I don’t know if that makes a difference, but it certainly makes the comparison more interesting.

It is more serious. What Urban did isn’t an NCAA violation though. I don’t know if that makes a difference, but it certainly makes the comparison more interesting.

Yeah, this will go more to the state and board of regents, university president etc. in terms of what kind of punishment they want.

I haven't seen anything on ESPN that even hints he's in trouble. OSU will not dream of letting him go unless public pressure in Ohio leaves them no option.

Integrity has never been a priority for Urban or OSU.

Reactions: hawkhorn
Not sure why this surprises anybody. When Meyer denied knowing of the 2009 incident every investigative journalist worth a grain of salt started digging. In this day and age with background checks and extensive vetting for applicants for any job how could he not know? The interesting thing will be how UM spins this for damage control. I expect his story will be he felt he had to respect his assistants privacy which is complete bunk. He will survive this but he definetely has got egg on his face

I haven't seen anything on ESPN that even hints he's in trouble. OSU will not dream of letting him go unless public pressure in Ohio leaves them no option.

He gone. The backlash will be too great and the administration will have no choice.

By Tuesday when UM meets the media he will be unable to comment due to who knows what......an internal investigation, advice from his lawyer, respecting the privacy of the abused, etc. etc.

He'll drag it out until the season is over and if his seat is hot enough he'll retire again and resurface in a year oe two.

Does O$u have the balls to fire their head coach less than a month before the season starts? No chance in hell.
Definitely no chance in hell. But there is a very good chance on Earth.

I believe it is just breaking. I am listening to Lebatard and they've been talking about it the last half hour or so.

By Tuesday when UM meets the media he will be unable to comment due to who knows what......an internal investigation, advice from his lawyer, respecting the privacy of the abused, etc. etc.

He'll drag it out until the season is over and if his seat is hot enough he'll retire again and resurface in a year oe two.
I could easily see this being the case. I might drop the resurface part, but pretty spot on. All depends on how much the media pushes for the next month or so.

Don't lump all Buckeye fans together, I do care what happens and if Urban was in the wrong and it's against something that was in his contract, then so be it, he will be fired.
But, I will wait until all the facts are on the table and then if the University deems it necessary to cut ties with him, then so be it. One person is not bigger than the program...as you guys say...next coach in....We will be just fine, will it suck? Yes

Don't lump all Buckeye fans together, I do care what happens and if Urban was in the wrong and it's against something that was in his contract, then so be it, he will be fired.
But, I will wait until all the facts are on the table and then if the University deems it necessary to cut ties with him, then so be it. One person is not bigger than the program...as you guys say...next coach in....We will be just fine, will it suck? Yes

He didn't say one word about Buckeye fans in his post.

He didn't say one word about Buckeye fans in his post.

True, still I just wanted to say that everyone thinks that the fans are the same way, yes there are some who don't care about what happens as long as we win, but I care about winning too... but do it the right way. I don't know how this is all going to play out, but like I said..we will be okay.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Why didn't she leave and get a divorce early on in the abuse? It sounds like she told her parents and his parents but stayed anyway? Why is Urban Meyer ultimately responsible? Are both sets of parents also to blame? Why aren't they getting roasted? I'm not saying he is a great guy or anything,and I agree that he could have done something, but it seems weird that it's all his fault here. I know it's popular to hate on Ohio State because they win..... I guess maybe I need more info on the situation....maybe I don't understand his part in this.

Why didn't she leave and get a divorce early on in the abuse? It sounds like she told her parents and his parents but stayed anyway? Why is Urban Meyer ultimately responsible? Are both sets of parents also to blame? Why aren't they getting roasted? I'm not saying he is a great guy or anything,and I agree that he could have done something, but it seems weird that it's all his fault here. I know it's popular to hate on Ohio State because they win..... I guess maybe I need more info on the situation....maybe I don't understand his part in this.

Read the report. This guy was beating her while on UMs staff at Florida and he knew. Then turns around and hires him at Ohio State

Urban is in trouble for knowingly employing someone who has a history of domestic abuse and lying about knowing what went down in 2015. How is that tough to understand?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT