ADVERTISEMENT

Urban Meyer: More BS

hawkster03

HR Heisman
Sep 1, 2012
When I say the word Title IX, our players respond back to me: ‘Respect.’ That’s how serious we take this. This is something that is constantly have conversation. It’s not uncommon for me to send a text message out on a Friday or Saturday night that says, ‘Remember, Title IX equals respect.’”

I think I've heard it all now...

I'm guessing there is a media member who is already buttering up a player he knows is unhappy at O$U in hopes of gaining access to the ol' Urban text messages sent out to the team.

Meyer really is the most insincere, smug SOB I have ever seen. He has had nothing but contempt for this whole situation, and the only thing he has learned from this experience is to be better at not getting caught. I don't see how anyone could send their 18 yo football star off to college to be under the tutelage of such a despicable role model. I wish nothing but the worst for him for the rest of his life.

Rinaldi murdered him in that ESPN interview. None of it matters anyway. Winning football games trumps everything else so just let Ohio State do their thing
Amen ... Urban has showed he needs to sticks to Xs and Os ... The less he says the better ... OSU is now my new favorite team to root against ...

Meyer really is the most insincere, smug SOB I have ever seen. He has had nothing but contempt for this whole situation, and the only thing he has learned from this experience is to be better at not getting caught. I don't see how anyone could send their 18 yo football star off to college to be under the tutelage of such a despicable role model. I wish nothing but the worst for him for the rest of his life.

I heard part of that interview last night. I have a very hard time believing most of what he is saying. He has already established a pattern of being willing to be dishonest and deceptive in order to protect himself, his legacy and his opportunity to continue to coach at Ohio State.

I do not, however, believe him to be insincere. The best liars are often some of the most sincere people you'll ever meet. I find him to be both dishonest and entirely sincere because I think he still believes he was doing what was right (or perhaps what was justified).

Even if this blows over for now, it will likely soil his legacy when the truth comes out. I'm very intrigued to see what happens at the end of the season. One of the folks discussing the Rinaldi interview on ESPN Radio last night said he thinks Meyer "retires" after this year. I'm not so sure, but if he does, it might mean there's a lot more to the story than what's already out there.

This should be pretty easy to confirm, just look at his text history on his pho.... Oh, wait a minute, he deleted all of those. Nevermind.

I like how Urban claims he never deleted any texts though. However he just made it so you couldn't see any on his phone over a year old when the the whole incident took place. First thing he did was ask the tech game to make sure this happened on his phone after the report surfaced. Sadly I'm sure that's his justification to claim he "didn't delete any texts."

Reactions: NorthDSMHawk
I heard part of that interview last night. I have a very hard time believing most of what he is saying. He has already established a pattern of being willing to be dishonest and deceptive in order to protect himself, his legacy and his opportunity to continue to coach at Ohio State.

I do not, however, believe him to be insincere. The best liars are often some of the most sincere people you'll ever meet. I find him to be both dishonest and entirely sincere because I think he still believes he was doing what was right (or perhaps what was justified).

Even if this blows over for now, it will likely soil his legacy when the truth comes out. I'm very intrigued to see what happens at the end of the season. One of the folks discussing the Rinaldi interview on ESPN Radio last night said he thinks Meyer "retires" after this year. I'm not so sure, but if he does, it might mean there's a lot more to the story than what's already out there.
"Its not a lie if you believe it"- George Costanza

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT