ADVERTISEMENT

US Code 1701 Obstruction of Mail Generally

117674896_3387801304596404_2539574649617092354_n.jpg

That's excellent!!!

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Soooo...it appears @Joes Place was duped by Twitter again.

No....it actually looks like the VA has been sounding the alarm bells for a month now, for vets who aren't getting their medications. You could probably go read some military news where this is also getting coverage - or are they are "libs" too?

This is a voter suppression issue, but Tepublicans don’t care, and won’t be moved. What they should be moved by is the economic impact this will have on their constituents. Slowing the mail hurts the elderly, and small business owners the most.
not a voter suppression issue when a vote is not even happening yet and especially mail votes are not yet happening

“Last month, Postal Service spokesman Rob Soler said 461 mail-processing centers nationwide will be consolidated to 232 by the end of 2014.”

If your conspiracy sounds better with fewer details, is it a good conspiracy?

Who is this Soler?

This consolidation will eliminate 1-day and 2-day service commitments to a good part of the country. This pisses me off and it should everyone. The next thing is 5 day delivery, which is not 5 day delivery, since factoring in weekends, could become up to 8 days origin to delivery.

It sounds like many of you delight in this methodical destruction of the Postal Service in slow motion. This is not a business decision to save the organization.

Last edited:
This consolidation will eliminate 1-day and 2-day service commitments to a good part of the country. This pisses me off and it should everyone. The next thing is 5 day delivery, which is not 5 day delivery, since factoring in weekends, could become up to 8 days origin to delivery.

It sounds like many of you delight in this methodical destruction of the Postal Service in slow motion. This is not a business decision to save the organization.
Were you similarly pissed off when next day delivery was eliminated in some parts of the country during the Obama administration?

I was not aware. What areas changed?
I posted the link once and you didn't read it. Another poster commented on the link and you asked for a source, so I posted the link again. And you clearly still haven't read it.

Either read the link or stop with your dumbass replies.

I posted the link once and you didn't read it. Another poster commented on the link and you asked for a source, so I posted the link again. And you clearly still haven't read it.

Either read the link or stop with your dumbass replies.

Overnight service is gone. I'm a dumbass.

Were you similarly pissed off when next day delivery was eliminated in some parts of the country during the Obama administration?
Were you here sounding the alarm?
LOL. Trump is destroying the USPS for three reasons. He is a narcissistic a-hole, he thinks this hurts Jeff Bezos, and he there literally is no bottom to what he will do in order to cling to power.

Were you here sounding the alarm?
LOL.
No, I wasn’t. But that’s really not the point now, is it?

The point is that when the Obama
administration closed sorting centers and removed drop boxes, it was all in the name of streamlining operations to save money.

Now that the Trump administration is doing the exact same things, he belongs in prison for it.

Trump is destroying the USPS for three reasons. He is a narcissistic a-hole, he thinks this hurts Jeff Bezos, and he there literally is no bottom to what he will do in order to cling to power.
I don’t disagree.

administration closed sorting centers and removed drop boxes, it was all in the name of streamlining operations to save money.

Now that the Trump administration is doing the exact same things, he belongs in prison for it.

I don’t disagree.
What's in question is the real motivation. You trust Trump that Trump is doing this for the benefit of the country - I don't.

Reactions: lucas80
What's in question is the real motivation. You trust Trump that Trump is doing this for the benefit of the country - I don't.
I never said that. I think this is a situation where what Trump wants for himself just happens to align with what is best for the USPS. Or at a minimum it aligns with the strategy that has been in place for at least 7 or 8 years.

I never said that. I think this is a situation where what Trump wants for himself just happens to align with what is best for the USPS. Or at a minimum it aligns with the strategy that has been in place for at least 7 or 8 years.
And I think it's all about what Trump wants at this time. Don't you think the timing is suspicious? Or the fact that he's said he wants to eliminate mail in voting?

I don’t disagree.

Removed drop boxes to save money? Evidence.

First, let me say that this is an absolutely ridiculous idea. He has said he wants to privatize the USPS and appointed a megadonor with megatons of baggage. So with all due attempts at whatever respect I can try to muster, you are full of shit.

Now, I spent 30 years working for the organization. It saved me at a critical time and I owe it my life. I dedicate myself to it, starting out as a sortation clerk in Des Moines, and worked my way up to administration in Washington, DC, and duties that me outside the US., and with the military.

I obviously have not kept up with things since I retired. But I don't care who is president, or what congress makes decisions affecting the viability of the Postal Service, this dismantling is/has been atrocious. The reasons have been budget driven, due to the absurd pre-retirement funding requirements stipulated in 2006.

Most importantly this is a service organization. Not a business. We serve the people by delivering their mail. If we are no longer there, there will be no mail service.

We know the mail is currently being disrupted.

Is 2020, during a global pandemic and election year REALLY the time to start a completely unannounced, unplanned re-org? Just after a Trumpophile has been appointed to run the postal service?

Use your brain.
Trump has directly said he's doing this to prevent mailed ballots from being processed. TJ is playing his usual shtick.

Reactions: Rudolph
I read your link.

The Postal Service doesn't anticipate any changes in delivery times, but it is possible overnight, one-day and two-day deliveries will eventually be affected, Hass said.

It would appear that you're lying.

Reactions: Joes Place
Reactions: Rudolph
You made a claim...you backed it up with a link. The link said the exact opposite of what you claimed. You post a second link. IT doesn't back up your claim. I've done this with you too many times. I won't again.
Evidently you somehow missed the first four paragraphs, which clearly state exactly what I posted.

Tucson business leaders said they are experiencing significant delays in mail delivery since the U.S. Postal Service changed its service standards Jan. 5.

The service change is part of the second phase of the Postal Service’s effort to consolidate 82 facilities — including Tucson’s main processing station at 1501 S. Cherrybell Stravenue — around the U.S. as cost-cutting measures.

In the first phase, which occurred in 2013, all mail originating from Tucson, even if it was being sent to another Tucson address, was sent to Phoenix to be processed.

The Postal Service said the change last month in its service standards in the United States resulted in a one- to two-day delay in first-class mail delivery.

Unfortunately that's as big and colorful as I can make the text for you. I'd make it f*cking blink for you if I could. Maybe then you would actually see it.

You're a goddamn idiot.

You DID lie about it bro.
And here comes JP, doubling down on stupid. I posted a link in which it was explicitly stated that Tucson business leaders were angry because every piece of mail sent to a Tucson address, even if it was sent from another Tucson address, was trucked to Phoenix for sorting before being sent back to Tucson for delivery. Mail that used to be delivered in one or two days was now taking two to three days. Many business leaders complained it was taking even longer than that.

And here's more from the same newspaper:

In the second phase of the consolidations, which will happen locally next February, inbound mail will be processed in Phoenix.

When that phase is complete, overnight delivery will end nationwide, Soler said.

Nationwide, 461 mail processing centers will be consolidated to 232 by the end of 2014, Soler said.

Once the consolidation is complete nationally, delivery times for first-class mail will increase by one day, going from delivery in one to three days to reaching mailboxes in two to three days, he said.

https://tucson.com/news/local/posta...cle_b8ed8738-4c38-5790-812e-22e8a3d3a81e.html

I don’t disagree.
No, you are doing a TJ special. Just kicking sand versus addressing the actual point. I am fully supportive of improving the USPS, and if Trump and DeJoy are doing this, they would have metrics and a study to support what they are doing.
Absent metrics you are kicking sand to obscure political motivations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT