ADVERTISEMENT

US money suppy is growing

200w.gif

Ummm.....no. Deere has even come out and said this is because they are moving some of their production to Mexico. No one can spin this as anything else.
Large corporations move production at times.
Absolutely true.

Certainly doesn't indicate they won't increase employment in the future at Waterloo/Moline/Ankeny.

Perhaps they're being forced to increase wages of skilled jobs due to the availability of people as a result of immigration policy?

Just wait until the fed lowers interest rates in September to head off an economic downturn that is coming.
We are already in the downturn. Started the end of the 1st quarter. I will be surprised if there was any growth more than 1.5% for the second quarter. Third quarter will be negative growth.

LOL. We are in a downturn right now. Manufacturing has decreased the past 3-4 months. Steel demand is at its lowest point since Covid. The only sector that had job growth last month was the service sector.
Which indicates the Fed has done a pretty damn good job managing the financial sector.

That "soft landing" that the Radical Right didn't want did materialize.
Once we get those first couple drops in the interest rates, you'll see manufacturing explode again.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Which indicates the Fed has done a pretty damn good job managing the financial sector.

That "soft landing" that the Radical Right didn't want did materialize.
Once we get those first couple drops in the interest rates, you'll see manufacturing explode again.
I agree to a point but we are not going to have a soft landing. Many of my large OEM customers are sitting on Billions in inventory and pulling work in from all their fabricators. I do think things will come back strong due to all the pull back happening in 2024. It won’t happen though until 2025 sometime.

I agree to a point but we are not going to have a soft landing. Many of my large OEM customers are sitting on Billions in inventory and pulling work in from all their fabricators. I do think things will come back strong due to all the pull back happening in 2024. It won’t happen though until 2025 sometime.
May I ask what primary industry the OEMs are in,?

Absolutely true.

Certainly doesn't indicate they won't increase employment in the future at Waterloo/Moline/Ankeny.

Perhaps they're being forced to increase wages of skilled jobs due to the availability of people as a result of immigration policy?
Your last statment is completely different from your first. Of course corporations can increase domestic production. That has happened no matter who is in the white house many times. The fact remains (as was pointed out in other post) that they are moving jobs outside the country right now. And, I would agree that this is directly tied to how Biden's administration has screwed up the immigration with their open border policy. Just criminal and this is a blow no matter what.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
May I ask what primary industry the OEMs are in,?
Auto, agriculture (Deere, case, AGCO, etc.) over road heavy trailer (Great Dane, Utility, Hyundai, Wabash etc.) construction (CAT, Komatsu, Deere again, etc.) appliance (whirlpool GE) then companies like BOBCAT, Polaris, Toro, Ariens, etc. mining conveyors. There are too many to list. All of those companies are down 10-25%

Power distribution is one of the few that is up (switchgear, generator enclosures, etc.) some material handling is up. Truck bodies are doing pretty well also.

I told my family to buckle up for the rest of the year and no large expenditures.

Auto, agriculture (Deere, case, AGCO, etc.) over road heavy trailer (Great Dane, Utility, Hyundai, Wabash etc.) construction (CAT, Komatsu, Deere again, etc.) appliance (whirlpool GE) then companies like BOBCAT, Polaris, Toro, Ariens, etc. mining conveyors. There are too many to list. All of those companies are down 10-25%

Power distribution is one of the few that is up (switchgear, generator enclosures, etc.) some material handling is up. Truck bodies are doing pretty well also.

I told my family to buckle up for the rest of the year and no large expenditures.
I should add that many of these companies had 9 month to 18 month backlogs in the 3rd quarter last year and some are at 8 weeks to 6 months now with not many new orders coming.

Your last statment is completely different from your first. Of course corporations can increase domestic production. That has happened no matter who is in the white house many times. The fact remains (as was pointed out in other post) that they are moving jobs outside the country right now. And, I would agree that this is directly tied to how Biden's administration has screwed up the immigration with their open border policy. Just criminal and this is a blow no matter what.
Shutting down the border doesn't drive production costs down...just the opposite.
While I acknowledge many of these production jobs are higher level qualifications, a shortage of workers only drives up labor costs.
But Trump told the House GOP..."No negotiations" on reform.

Greater money supply means someone said "print more money."

It impacts how far your dollar goes (inflation)
This is my fear, increased money supply > more inflation. If rates drop in Sept, I think the stock market will rip higher and prices will soar even more.

The upcoming recession is going to affect the lower and middle classes. The top 15% will gain a lot of wealth and the bottom 15% will become more dependent on the government welfare system.

More small business will be bought out by big corporations.

Shutting down the border doesn't drive production costs down...just the opposite.
While I acknowledge many of these production jobs are higher level qualifications, a shortage of workers only drives up labor costs.
But Trump told the House GOP..."No negotiations" on reform.
We did not have a shortage of workers. That is the point. There are strategic moves that cause additional issues....and that was one of them.

• Haha
This is my fear, increased money supply > more inflation. If rates drop in Sept, I think the stock market will rip higher and prices will soar even more.

The upcoming recession is going to affect the lower and middle classes. The top 15% will gain a lot of wealth and the bottom 15% will become more dependent on the government welfare system.

More small business will be bought out by big corporations.
"Upcoming recession"?????

I guess if the Radical Right keeps predicting it, they'll eventually be right!
All I know is my retirement acct flourishes when Dems occupy the WH and I have to shift everything to money markets when Rs do.

We are already in the downturn. Started the end of the 1st quarter. I will be surprised if there was any growth more than 1.5% for the second quarter. Third quarter will be negative growth.
Fox News telling you this AGAIN? And you believe it AGAIN??

Reactions: MitchLL
"Upcoming recession"?????

I guess if the Radical Right keeps predicting it, they'll eventually be right!
All I know is my retirement acct flourishes when Dems occupy the WH and I have to shift everything to money markets when Rs do.
If it took till Biden got in office for your retirement to flurish, then you had TERRIBLE investors during the Trump years. I did FANTASTIC!!!

• Haha
Absolutely true.

As has already been said, this is not what your prior post said. Of course, companies can add jobs domestically at any time. But, that is not what is happening here. And these are not "high level management" positions that are being moved. Anyway we slice it this sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT