ADVERTISEMENT

US soccer writer dead at World Cup

Presuming the stress of travel, lack of sleep and illness likely contributed to it happening.

Very sad story.
That has nothing to do with it, The aneurysm has been growing for years, and finally burst. If he had a complete physical they would have found it earlier, and repaired it.

That has nothing to do with it, The aneurysm has been growing for years, and finally burst. If he had a complete physical they would have found it earlier, and repaired it.
Hmm, perhaps. I'm no doctor. But one would think blood pressure changes, dehydration or other physical factors might hasten or bring about the inevitable bursting. Seems too coincidental otherwise to me, but could definitely be wrong.

Hmm, perhaps. I'm no doctor. But one would think blood pressure changes, dehydration or other physical factors might hasten or bring about the inevitable bursting. Seems too coincidental otherwise to me, but could definitely be wrong.
The repair on the lower aneurysm, DON'T LAUGH is a toy you played with as a kid. Its a net you stuck on one finger and the other end went on the finger of the other hand. When you pulled them apart the netting got tighter. thats the fix.

Reactions: torbee
The repair on the lower aneurysm, DON'T LAUGH is a toy you played with as a kid. Its a net you stuck on one finger and the other end went on the finger of the other hand. When you pulled them apart the netting got tighter. thats the fix.

chfingtrp.jpg

Reactions: Joes Place
We get. You’re not racist.

Its found sometimes by accident when a sonogram is checking the liver, kidneys and lower organs.

...only it's made out of titanium, I believe....

Not sure if they use shape-memory Nitinol on those or not... (which is nickel-titanium)

Reactions: franklinman

Not sure if they use shape-memory Nitinol on those or not... (which is nickel-titanium)

Ole JR is the survivor of an aortic aneurysm. I am one of the 20% or so. Besides Grant Wahl it also killed Jack Tripper.

You really have no idea. I thought I had a herniated disc in my back.

1-s2.0-S1051044309009634-gr1.jpg

I have a thing like this in me now that functions as my aorta below my heart.

I should not be here. Why am I? I don't know and ask myself often. It was just about 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Yup

They are ticking time-bombs. When they go, you're done. Instantly. And nothings gonna save you.
My wife's uncle had a dissecting aortic aneurysm. He somehow survived and was about to have a surgical repair. Basically everything aligned for him the key being that he was right by a hospital and the surgeon was immediately available. I think he has less than 5% chance of survival.

OK Joe, who do i complain to if and when it fails, and how long is it guaranteed for ? Very important.

My wife's uncle had a dissecting aortic aneurysm. He somehow survived and was about to have a surgical repair. Basically everything aligned for him the key being that he was right by a hospital and the surgeon was immediately available. I think he has less than 5% chance of survival.
Mine was leaking into the kidney when they did the surgery, ya very lucky.

So no, 5 yr 10 year guarantee, um.
'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.

Ted:
What's your point?

Tommy:
The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.

My oldest sister (no-pic) was having lunch with one of her best friends. He started complaining about feeling bad so they cut the lunch short, but he couldn't get up. Called 911, rushed to the hospital, sister followed, She called her husband but before he could get there, they came out and told her her friend had died.

• Sad
Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT