ADVERTISEMENT

USA Line up for Bout at Ballpark

Does anyone know which mat Iowa will be on? I have called twice with no return call from the event planner. They were able to tell me osu and team USA would be in a dugout together. I have tickets behind both dugouts and was going to sell the ones on the freestyle side.

Reactions: Gobblin
Does anyone know which mat Iowa will be on? I have called twice with no return call from the event planner. They were able to tell me osu and team USA would be in a dugout together. I have tickets behind both dugouts and was going to sell the ones on the freestyle side.
For some reason I was thinking the one closest to the 3rd base dugout, but now I can't find the info

Reactions: Gobblin
Better hit the post match power shake to keep the energy up for the second match.

Is USA vs Iran essentially an exhibition?

It’s not like a big tournament that would drug test, is it? Seems risky for him right before NCAAs.

Is Iran even going to show up? Heard the Iran wrestling president might be banned from entering the country after all of his death to America speeches. Really wish the US would have found someone different. Not a big Iran fan after what they did to Navid Afkari Sangari and his family. Really hope team USA kicks the living crap out of these evil bums.

Last edited:
Is Iran even going to show up? Heard the Iran wrestling president might be banned from entering the country after all of his death to America speeches. Really wish the US would have found someone different. Not a big Iran fan after what they did to Navid Afkari Sangari and his family. Really hope team USA kicks the living crap out of these evil bums.
CIA about to disappear him to a blacksite when he steps off the plane.

Iran sentences another athlete to die.

Mohammad Javad, 26, is a boxing champion. They sentenced him to death for ‘spreading corruption on Earth’.

Iranian human rights experts have noted that the charge of "spreading corruption of Earth" is frequently used against protestors and dissidents in the Islamic Republic to purge the country of any resistance against the policies of the regime's Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei.

Iran’s rulers hanged the champion Greco-Roman wrestler Navid Afkari in 2020 for his peaceful protest against the regime’s economic and political mismanagement in 2018.

United for Navid is an organization for Iranian athletes who aim to secure justice for Afkari and highlight the Islamic Republic’s bias against women athletes and sports corruption within the regime-controlled sports entities.

United for Navid called on USA Wrestling’s Rich Bender to pull the plug on a slated February dual meet with Iran’s regime in Texas because the head of Iran’s Wrestling Federation, Alireza Dabir, urged “Death to America” with violence in a January television interview.

Note I am not attempting to bring any politics to this board. Just informing that there's some additional issues now relating to whether the US vs Iran match will occur. Hope so, as I've already bought plane & meet tickets.

I still can't get a straight answer. They keep telling me that Iowa will be alternating mats. But the same person also argued that Iowa was wrestling Iran and OSU was wrestling USA. I don't see us alternating mats, and that is not what our admin was told. What I do believe is true is Iowa will be in the 1st base dugout with Iran. 1st base side is where the Iowa allotment is. There should be great views from either side. They also said there would be warm up mats in the outfield.

Yeah I can't see them alternating Mats. I don't think the mats have the exact same specs between college and Senior Level Freestyle. I can't imagine at that level of international competition they would wrestle on anything less than regulation mats. I could be wrong though. Also why can't Iowa fix their mat?

Reactions: acuhawk
Yeah I can't see them alternating Mats. I don't think the mats have the exact same specs between college and Senior Level Freestyle. I can't imagine at that level of international competition they would wrestle on anything less than regulation mats. I could be wrong though. Also why can't Iowa fix their mat?
They're not the same size at all. And folkstyle mats don't have a zone.

Reactions: Redm18
With Gilman not competing at the Yarygin after reportedly going at 61, I wonder if we’ll see someone else at the Bout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT