ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today: Linderbaum could slip out of first round

Yeah… no… Lindy is not dropping out of the first round. Anyone who signs him will get a future, multi-year - eventual - pro bowler.
I hope you are right but nothing about the draft ever makes sense it seems so it wouldn't surprise me to see TL fall out of the first rd. Not that he isn't a 1st rd talent but because of teams needs, draft, etc.

A lot of teams will convince themselves that some combine warrior will be the next Hall of Famer, even though he didn’t play like it in college, and will end up extremely disappointed

And the Earth could end tomorrow. But it likely won't. And Tyler will hear his name called early on.

I don't put a lot of stock, anyway, in the opinion of a so-called "sports writer" who has two last names.

Tyler Linderbaum, C, Iowa​

There aren't many offensive linemen whose resumes can match that of Linderbaum, a consensus All-American and latest in a long line of Iowa standouts. His 6-2, 296-pound frame might be disqualifying for several teams, however, as he could be exploited by rangier interior defensive linemen. And the last undersized center whose movement skills paved his way into the first round – Minnesota Vikings center Garrett Bradbury – has largely struggled and is not expected to have his fifth-year option picked up, per reports. Given that center is already a bit of a luxury for Day 1, Linderbaum might not make the cut. The Cowboys (No. 24), Titans (No. 26) and Bengals (No. 31) likely represent his best opportunities to avoid a slide.

I know nothing but only comment it would be really cool if Tampa took him to reunite with Wirfs.

I have a question...does any team really tell Todd McShay the truth...about anything. The first thing I'm going to do if I'm a GM is tell Todd McShay I want someone from Nebraska...not who I really want.

Reactions: BBHawk
Here's the latest from a handful of guys...

Will Brinson, CBS Sports - #18, Philadelphia
Ryan Wilson, CBS Sports - #20, Pittsburgh
Matt Miller, ESPN - #29, Houston
Peter King, NBC Sports - #24, Dallas
Jason McIntyre, FOX Sports - #24, Dallas

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
The Bengals have bigger needs than OL, but if he falls to 31, I think they have to take him. Burrow was amazing last year with a bad line, imagine what he could do with an elite line.

Reactions: FanOHawk
Here's the latest from a handful of guys...

Will Brinson, CBS Sports - #18, Philadelphia
Ryan Wilson, CBS Sports - #20, Pittsburgh
Matt Miller, ESPN - #29, Houston
Peter King, NBC Sports - #24, Dallas
Jason McIntyre, FOX Sports - #24, Dallas
Steelers didn't visit him, he's not going there. Not once in the Colbert/, Tomlin era has the first pick not been visited by them.

Reactions: timinatoria
The Bengals have bigger needs than OL, but if he falls to 31, I think they have to take him. Burrow was amazing last year with a bad line, imagine what he could do with an elite line.
The Bengals have NO BIGGER need than OL. Take 2 hrs and watch all the sacks Burrows took last year. No amount of help for Joey Franchise is too much.

Reactions: ichawk24
I think there are a lot of smoke screens being sent out to make it seem like no one will take TL in the first round and someone late will take him. Hope it’s the Chiefs or Packers, worse case, Cincinnati to protect Burrow.

If he falls to the second round, someone is getting a steal for what he brings to the table at the first and second level with his play. Add in the short arms comment and it is hard to dispute that until he gets into your body with his leverage and strength, voiding the arm length issue over and over again.

Joe Burrow was the most-sacked player in the NFL with 51, second place was 47, third 44.

I think Cincy could use OL help to protect The Franchise.

The new normal in the draft is the demand for edge rushers, WRs, and CBs. The increased quality of the passing game has created this shift.

JMHO.

But i agree someone gets a steal if Lindy falls to the second round.

Reactions: kceasthawk
The Bengals have NO BIGGER need than OL. Take 2 hrs and watch all the sacks Burrows took last year. No amount of help for Joey Franchise is too much.
Not really. They made major improvements to the OL in free agency. Linderbaum would certainly help, but they have bigger needs.

Center is not your typical 1st round draft pick. It wouldn't surprise me if Linderbaum was drafted between 35-45.

Congrats Tyler!

Gotta say those highlights just show our offense looking like trash lol. Petras getting hammered and our dumb FB dives

ADVERTISEMENT