ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Preseason poll

I hope that ISU rank holds up and they are above Iowa all the way to Sept 14th. Couldn't ask for better motivation.

I hope that ISU rank holds up and they are above Iowa all the way to Sept 14th. Couldn't ask for better motivation.
You can bet the ranking will hold and the Cyclones are going to have no problem beating the fawks- I mean the squawks- sorry the hawks-lol. Why did you think your coach closed spring practice- he knows that you guys are in trouble. The clones win by 10-14 points- mark it down!!

You can bet the ranking will hold and the Cyclones are going to have no problem beating the fawks- I mean the squawks- sorry the hawks-lol. Why did you think your coach closed spring practice- he knows that you guys are in trouble. The clones win by 10-14 points- mark it down!!
Strange.. I heard this prediction nearly word for word last year... and the year before... and the year before... and the year before...

IF (very big if) ISU wins, it will be a tight game. The clowns never blow out Iowa. They have one victory in the series over 1 possession this millenium (2005, when Tate got a concussion and before Pollard forced out the winningest coach in school history, who was ironically a Hawkeye).

That's the reality of this series. ISU has to play a near perfect game AND have some bounces roll their way, and then they only win by the skin of their teeth.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
You talk about Iowa losing production at TE yet you lose your only 2 good offensive players that teams were worried about last year in Butler and Montgomery. Hate to break it to you none of your WR scare anyone as well. But then again weren't you the same clown last year under different username proclaiming ISU had better TEs than Iowa?
The WR group at ISU is heads and shoulders better than Iowa's. The QB is definitively better and everyone returns on the ISU OL. One again barring an act of god, the Clones should handle the hawks in Ames. Iowa won't move the ball at all against the Clone defense.

Strange.. I heard this prediction nearly word for word last year... and the year before... and the year before... and the year before...

IF (very big if) ISU wins, it will be a tight game. The clowns never blow out Iowa. They have one victory in the series over 1 possession this millenium (2005, when Tate got a concussion and before Pollard forced out the winningest coach in school history, who was ironically a Hawkeye).

That's the reality of this series. ISU has to play a near perfect game AND have some bounces roll their way, and then they only win by the skin of their teeth.
Dude - you are talking about the old ISU- we are new and improved- and you guys have stayed the same. Outside of AJ- everyone that scared us - went to the draft. your LB and DB are questionable. TE and DE are the fawks calling card and you're best 3 out of 4 are long gone. Once we beat you guys this year make sure you give me 50 push ups!!

The WR group at ISU is heads and shoulders better than Iowa's. The QB is definitively better and everyone returns on the ISU OL. One again barring an act of god, the Clones should handle the hawks in Ames. Iowa won't move the ball at all against the Clone defense.

Were you the same guy here last year bragging up the ISU te Allen as being better than Iowa’s two first round draft pick te’s?

Dude - you are talking about the old ISU- we are new and improved- and you guys have stayed the same. Outside of AJ- everyone that scared us - went to the draft. your LB and DB are questionable. TE and DE are the fawks calling card and you're best 3 out of 4 are long gone. Once we beat you guys this year make sure you give me 50 push ups!!

How big of an ISU rout are you predicting?

At least 10-14 points- I got 50 push ups on it!!

Spreads usually are a defined number on a wager. Or are you the ‘that last touchdown doesn’t really count since the official missed the call’ or ‘ISU would have won if one play was different’ kind of gambler?

"The Old ISU" seems to pop up with every new coach. I'll believe it when it happens.

You didn't watch Iowa a lick last year if you think we're thin at LB, TE, or DE.

Nice try Twins.

"The Old ISU" seems to pop up with every new coach. I'll believe it when it happens.

You didn't watch Iowa a lick last year if you think we're thin at LB, TE, or DE.

Nice try Twins.
Watch them plenty- watch them start out hot only to falter- which should have be a 10 or 11 wins for the season. Hmm let's see- Top 2 TE's gone(NFL) - no one returning that had any impact. DE- best player remains- but had a guy drafted. LB's are very weak- that's why DC went to another DB on the field and created a cash position. Frosty- as you can see I watch them very close.

Watch them plenty- watch them start out hot only to falter- which should have be a 10 or 11 wins for the season. Hmm let's see- Top 2 TE's gone(NFL) - no one returning that had any impact. DE- best player remains- but had a guy drafted. LB's are very weak- that's why DC went to another DB on the field and created a cash position. Frosty- as you can see I watch them very close.

Got us one of them perfessional futball scouts here. He completely understands the cash position and what prompted its development. Was it 14 points?

JFC like cockroaches. Another one pops up. Do you want us to tell you ISU will have a good team? Will that ensure you leave and join the CF circle jerk that likewise only talks about Iowa. I mean this needy seeking validation from big brother is rather sad. I have no clue who will win. It is why the game is played. Which shockingly always escapes ISU fans and plays into the delusion. If no game cancellation, if no bad calls, if it wasn’t Iowa’s Super Bowl, if Purdy had started (which BTW says how great Campbell is at judging talent as your messiah was third string), etc. Act like you have been there. Oh yeah, you haven’t as your historic seasons are worse than Iowa’s average seasons yet here you are chirping.

CHn6z8T.gif
Underrated movie.

Iowa won't move the ball at all against the Clone defense.

Dude, this theory of yours was already completely blown up earlier in this very thread. If you're gonna troll, try to keep up.

Oh, and I love the new "ISU QB is definitely better" hypothesis. How many years in a row is this now that ISU has a new QB that's better than the previous one that Iowa has not seen and has no way of stopping? LOL.

New and improved? You are still ISU..... Hate to break it to you. It's only a matter of time before Campbell walks because you are just like you said.. ISU>>>

Who is Chauncey Golston, Nick Niemann, Djimon Colbert, Kristian Welch, Geno Stone, Matt Hankins, Julius Brents, DJ Johnson, Nate Stanley, Tristan Wirfs, Alaric Jackson?

That is... not why we went to the Cash. That's just stupid. We still have 2 LBs on the field every down and we still ran and run 4-3 personnel.

Christ CyTwins, this is pathetic even for you.

giphy.gif

I love it and its dead on. Again the experts that AREN'T BIAS even see what the Husker done the final 6 games and seeing Adrian Martinez is a top 10 or better QB in the country along with an elite Head Coach in Scott Frost in year 2..... my gif to Iowa fans that are crying about it....

2fxcka.jpg

D5as1kuXkAI5PKb.jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely will not be talking trash about the FB game. A one point win would be great for ISU and I'd take it gladly. However, this is a game ISU should absolutely expect to win. It's at home, we have the best returning team probably since the aforementioned 2005 team. That said, it wouldn't be shocking at all to see them lose the game.

As to whether ISU would rather win a conference game or the Iowa game, I've said repeatedly it really doesn't matter/sometimes I'd rather win the Iowa game. Reason being we really haven't competed championships, so it really didn't matter which games they won. Also, ISU losing the Iowa game early in the season has a hangover effect on the next few games from a fan standpoint. This is why I'm 100% for ISU dropping the series as many of you are, I think it hurts more than helps us at this point.

However, this is a year ISU will likely be picked in the top 3 or 4 teams in the league. They need every conference game they can get, and a win over OU or UT this year would be huge since they just need to finish in the top 2 spots.

Man I'm 1 of the biggest ISU homers around here but even I know Stanley ain't no slouch. I'm still worried about our O-Line they made some positive strides last season but still have alot to prove.

Reactions: owenhawk
Man I'm 1 of the biggest ISU homers around here but even I know Stanley ain't no slouch. I'm still worried about our O-Line they made some positive strides last season but still have alot to prove.

Yeah, you might want to rein in lightningred. Although he is a great source of entertainment and laughter here, he embarrasses the ISU fanbase something awful.

Who was hicks? Stevie Hicks? LaMarcus Hicks?

Montgomery had 44 yards on 17 carries last year. I don't think ISU has a back of his caliber this year. ISU finished with 19 total rushing yards for the game.

I know a lot of that low production was because ISU didn't get to play their first game. :D

Last edited:

Yeah considering isu top 2 wr returning had a grand total of 61 more yard than iowa’s Top 2 coming back next year. That’s head and shoulders better? Your great OL with a nfl back could only manage 44 yards last year. And funny how inept your offense was without Montgomery 2nd half vs Baylor and first half vs Texas. You lose your 2 nfl players and you only managed 3 pts last year but all of a sudden you think can move the ball at will this year? With Iowa retuning bulk of their secondary and LBs and all American DE.

This is some funny stuff but again your are the same comedian saying how chase allen was better than fant and hockensen.

Montgomery had 44 yards on 17 carries last year. I don't think ISU has a back of his caliber this year. ISU finished with 19 total rushing yards for the game.

I know a lot of that low production was because ISU didn't get to play their first game. :D
Still didn't answer who Hicks is lol

I have come to realize that any post that contains an “attempt” at a joke along with an “LoL” is probably going to a) be a horrible post and b) coming from some half-wit rube.

Yeah considering isu top 2 wr returning had a grand total of 61 more yard than iowa’s Top 2 coming back next year. That’s head and shoulders better? Your great OL with a nfl back could only manage 44 yards last year. And funny how inept your offense was without Montgomery 2nd half vs Baylor and first half vs Texas. You lose your 2 nfl players and you only managed 3 pts last year but all of a sudden you think can move the ball at will this year? With Iowa retuning bulk of their secondary and LBs and all American DE.

This is some funny stuff but again your are the same comedian saying how chase allen was better than fant and hockensen.

Pettway will help ISU a lot in the WR position.

I think a QB like Purdy is the type of NW style, mobile QB that has hurt Iowa in the past.

Again, this is a game that ISU should expect to win. But it will likely be a close game if they do, because like last year there probably won't be much scoring. If ISU wins, I think it will be 17-14 or something like that. It will likely be a tough, gritty, close game. I don't think either fanbase should expect a blowout.

2 things:

- Iowa hardly ever loses in Ames.

- Wasn’t ISU’s receivers supposed to be better than Iowa’s last year? And the previous 5 years before that?!

Experts predict a close Iowa win.

Reality, Iowa wins by 16+.

2 things:

- Iowa hardly ever loses in Ames.

- Wasn’t ISU’s receivers supposed to be better than Iowa’s last year? And the previous 5 years before that?!

Experts predict a close Iowa win.

Reality, Iowa wins by 16+.
You won't get the same break this year that you had last year. Clones should be favored by 7-10 pts and I expect the Clones to cover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT