ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Preseason poll

I really wish our mods would just drop the ban hammer on these asshats at the same rate they do at HuskersOnline or whatever the heck they are.
They probably don't do it because they see the drivel posted by their own fans. It would be hypocritical to keep hawk fans that are actually worse and continually break the rules with name calling and insults.

I really wish our mods would just drop the ban hammer on these asshats at the same rate they do at HuskersOnline or whatever the heck they are.
Atleast figure out who they are if possible and get rid of their ignore option that way they cant spew without rebuttal...

Last edited:
You won't get the same break this year that you had last year. Clones should be favored by 7-10 pts and I expect the Clones to cover.

What break would that be? I get you can be excited because this is probably the best ISU has ever been rated, but pump the breaks. Iowa has a much better team, and their D will be nasty. You have a good coach, but will that be able to overcome a great Iowa D? Doubtful.

What break would that be? I get you can be excited because this is probably the best ISU has ever been rated, but pump the breaks. Iowa has a much better team, and their D will be nasty. You have a good coach, but will that be able to overcome a great Iowa D? Doubtful.
Bad time to be an Iowa fan- ISU and Nebraska beat you guys in the same year!!!

If Iowa has a much better team, why have all of these rankings come out with them all in the same range? To unbiased eyes, they don't think so. Iowa could be a lot better right now, but we just don't know that yet, and the evidence is that they are very similar.

Reality, Iowa wins by 16+.

I'd be putting some cash down real soon. It'll probably be a pick 'em, you could probably put that in some teasers too and make some serious coin.

If Iowa has a much better team, why have all of these rankings come out with them all in the same range? To unbiased eyes, they don't think so. Iowa could be a lot better right now, but we just don't know that yet, and the evidence is that they are very similar.

I'd be putting some cash down real soon. It'll probably be a pick 'em, you could probably put that in some teasers too and make some serious coin.

Yeah because preseason rankings are so accurate. ISU is hype at this point because you have a good coach.

Yeah because preseason rankings are so accurate. ISU is hype at this point because you have a good coach.

Campbell are hot, fresh names and the people that put this stuff together get caught up. In that. They are going to be hyped and get benefit if the doubt because if they do well, then these things can say they called it. Ferentz is a know commodity. Not a big deal either way.

ISU is in a quandary. If they live up to the pre season hype then Campbell is an hotter commodity, they will go on this board with their ‘he has a long term deal’ ‘he loves Ames, the people and the water’ ‘he wants to finish what he started’ but deep down they know that any coach with success there has left, when they are speaking with fellow ISU fans they will admit they are worried and encourage each other to come here to show how sure they are he is staying but that knowledge that no one stays is in their head. Their very own mayor even bolted, not to return.

I expect Campbell to leave sooner than later, but I'll take any success he has in the meantime. Why would I be afraid of that? It's how the world works at most places.

Coaches most often don't stay forever, even at blue bloods anymore. I'd love Campbell to have Ferentz level staying power, but I think we can all be honest that it's not going to happen.

Bryce is a good levelheaded ISU fan. I agree they should be good this year and return a lot. But they did lose their 2 best weapons on offense. Funny how Iowa does the same with Hock and Fant and ISU fans say we will now suck. Perspective I guess.

Reactions: owenhawk
AlertTheseGentoopenguin-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
So, you REALLY think Iowa coaches, players, and fans are satisfied with just winning bowl games? Of course the goal is to win the division, conference, and CFP; however, unlike Nebby program (we're not babies that whine & make knee jerk reactions when things don't go our way). I just smile and nod at Nebby fans as they try to "restore the order"...f'ing idiots.
Verify

Click bait. Jesus one of the major polls did a “post spring ball” rating and teams moved up and down. I could see if a major injury or something but Iowa went from 22 to UR based on spring ball. Nebbie went from 23 up to 17. Seriously?! Did I miss something?
Yes

Hawks feeling a bit left out? Like the kid on the playground that never gets picked to play with the big boys. Time to whine some more.

Iowa is in plenty of pre season top 25 polls which are kind of pointless for the most part anyways. But get back to us when you guys actually finish in the end of the year top 25 again. How many years has it been anyways?

Legend - wouldn’t be the first time I missed something. Look I want Nebbie to be good just not better than Iowa. Helps both teams and the conference as a whole. I don’t hate Nebbie at all and think Frost is a good coach. I was only making a point on not only the pre-season rankings generally but that before spring ball there were rankings and then after there were different rankings without a game being played. That was all. I guess must have been a hell of a showing in the spring game by the Huskers against each other to jump 6 spots or whatever.

Hawks feeling a bit left out? Like the kid on the playground that never gets picked to play with the big boys. Time to whine some more.

Suggesting that Neb is among the "big boys" and that Iowa is below whatever level that is might be the funniest thing I've read here in a while, other than lightningred's constant inane ISU stuff.

Suggesting that Neb is among the "big boys" and that Iowa is below whatever level that is might be the funniest thing I've read here in a while, other than lightningred's constant inane ISU stuff.
Yep, folks here try and throw out the historical significance of programs until it doesn't suit them......that is what is funny and you don't even realize it. Hawk fans get laughed at by so many other fanbases.

Yep, folks here try and throw out the historical significance of programs until it doesn't suit them......that is what is funny and you don't even realize it. Hawk fans get laughed at by so many other fanbases.

I won't even ask where you get your subjective claim from. But if that's the case just think then about all the ones laughing at ISU especially with people like yourself representing them.

I won't even ask where you get your subjective claim from. But if that's the case just think then about all the ones laughing at ISU especially with people like yourself representing them.
Actually ISU fans are respected all around the country. Because very few fanbases respect hawk fans, your opinions are discounted. It appears to be well earned.

Actually ISU fans are respected all around the country. Because very few fanbases respect hawk fans, your opinions are discounted. It appears to be well earned.

Ok. Thanks for the laugh. Like your opinion isn't biased at all with zero evidence to back it up..... But then again your posting speaks for itself. Remind us again how much better ISU TEs were going to be better than Iowa's last year. Because I could still use another good laugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

What the heck are you doing here in the middle of a Nebraska discussion? You're not even good at ISU discussion.

As far as "historical significance" goes, I can't remember that last time a Hawkeye fan on this board boasted to another fan base about anything Iowa accomplished prior to the KF era. When Nebraska fans boast about their historical significance, it is typically something that happened >20 years and >4 head coaches ago.

No need to discuss ISU history, because you have none.

"Hawk fans get laughed at by so many other fanbases" = utter B.S. that you just made up.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Actually ISU fans are respected all around the country.

Even more utter B.S. that you just made up. Most of the country doesn't even know that ISU is a real school.
You, sir, are officially out of ammo, but please don't let that stop you from posting....you make Nebraska fans look level-headed.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
ISU is in a quandary. If they live up to the pre season hype then Campbell is an hotter commodity, they will go on this board with their ‘he has a long term deal’ ‘he loves Ames, the people and the water’ ‘he wants to finish what he started’ but deep down they know that any coach with success there has left, when they are speaking with fellow ISU fans they will admit they are worried and encourage each other to come here to show how sure they are he is staying but that knowledge that no one stays is in their head. Their very own mayor even bolted, not to return.
I will take exception to one part of your post. I do not recall ever seeing any Cyclone fan encourage anyone to come to this board, other than when there is a particularly funny thread here.

I will take exception to one part of your post. I do not recall ever seeing any Cyclone fan encourage anyone to come to this board, other than when there is a particularly funny thread here.

I am relying upon the folks who visit CF and indicate that people are posting copies of items from here and having them come over here to defend or debate. If that is not the case I will take that part off the record. Kujawa does cytwins do this?

No clue. Try not to go there too often. Same people saying the same things. The spins they do humor me but it takes about 3 minutes of the same rehashed arguments to lose interest. Sometimes there are some nuggets on stuff but usually the same agendas. I think Herky or others go there quite a bit. I am a “social” viewer.

ADVERTISEMENT