ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today: Where's Kamala? After All the Hoopla and 'Firsts,' the VP Isn't Living Up to the Hype

Harris doesn't do anything well. Her speeches are not inspiring. She ends up talking in circles saying a whole lot of nothing, demonstrating a profound lack of understanding of issues. Her record is a liability. She incarcerated tens of thousands for crimes she herself has admitted to. The whole "first woman of color" thing has run its course. It will be completely useless when Trump or Desantis hammers the fact that her ancestors were slave owners and not slaves.
If the Democrats want to have any chance of retaining the White House, she needs to be off the ticket entirely. But they can't do that because they are committed to the lie that she's not a total disaster. The Democrat bench is so short right now, that Pete Buttigieg seems like a viable option.

raw

Reactions: HarrisAOC24
Pence was picked because he was a black woman?
No, dipshit. Read the post I quoted. That poster said Harris was picked for one reason (to win the black vote). Well, Pence was picked for one reason as well - to win over the Christian/religious vote.

How dumb are you exactly?

No, dipshit. Read the post I quoted. That poster said Harris was picked for one reason (to win the black vote). Well, Pence was picked for one reason as well - to win over the Christian/religious vote.

Harris was picked because she's (sort of) black and has a vagina. Had nothing to do with the black vote (that was locked up) and everything to do with placating progressive sensibilities.

Reactions: Hawkman34
Harris was picked because she's (sort of) black and has a vagina. Had nothing to do with the black vote (that was locked up) and everything to do with placating progressive sensibilities.
Trump chose a white male evangelical. How is that not placating his base? What about the nutbag whities Trump chose for his judicial nominees? That not placating?

Reactions: srams21 and BGHAWK
Where did Huey say she was lazy and dumb? You just embarrassed yourself. Read the first page of this thread to see who said that.
The poster said lazy and dumb. Huey attributed that to minorities and called him racist. Try reading yourself before you claim someone else embarrassed themselves.

That was not the reason. Maybe you should try thinking before calling someone else dumb. Lol

Trump chose a white male evangelical. How is that not placating his base? What about the nutbag whities Trump chose for his judicial nominees? That not placating?
Geez dude, you are the one making everything about race. In my experience that makes you the racist.

The poster said lazy and dumb. Huey attributed that to minorities and called him racist. Try reading yourself before you claim someone else embarrassed themselves.

It was your buddy abby that said it. Try reading or better yet try comprehension. You are an embarrassment.

It was your buddy abby that said it. Try reading or better yet try comprehension. You are an embarrassment.
Dude, are you trolling me? Abby said lazy and dumb. HUEY said that was racist because obviously lazy and dumb equals black in Hueys world. Go read it again. Good grief.

Listen to her speak.

Cheeze'n'rice, she's a moron.

Dan Quayle makes her look competent.
Wait, no, it's gotta be YOUR bull.
She makes Dan Quayle look competent.

Do you ever read what you write? You literally said she was picked because she was black but then say it had nothing to do with the black vote.

Reactions: kcnole63
That was not the reason. Maybe you should try thinking before calling someone else dumb. Lol
Let me explain it even slower for you, you idiot.

Kamala Harris was picked for one reason. Mike Pence was also picked for one reason.

It's the same logic, dipshit.

Let me explain it even slower for you, you idiot.

Kamala Harris was picked for one reason. Mike Pence was also picked for one reason.

It's the same logic, dipshit.
That is not the reason the poster you were quoting was speaking about. Maybe I can clear this up. We knew the race and gender of the pick before we knew the person. She was picked to fit those demographics.

That is not the reason the poster you were quoting was speaking about. Maybe I can clear this up. We knew the race and gender of the pick before we knew the person. She was picked to fit those demographics.
No shit. That doesn't change the fact that Trump picked Pence to appeal to the Religious base.

You think you are so brilliant. Every VP is strategically chosen to help the President get elected. This isn't hard.

Reactions: BGHAWK
Dude, are you trolling me? Abby said lazy and dumb. HUEY said that was racist because obviously lazy and dumb equals black in Hueys world. Go read it again. Good grief.

Show where Huey said that was racist because lazy and dumb equals black in Hueys world.

He said exactly: no racist undertones here.

Show where Huey said that was racist because lazy and dumb equals black in Hueys world.

He said exactly: no racist undertones here.
Oh goodness. My mistake. Huey wasn't calling him racist he was saying he WASNT racist. Wow, I got that all backwards didnt I? Holy crap what a misunderstanding on my part. Thank you Huey for defending a poster like Abby. My hats off to ya.

• Haha

No. Biden was going to win the black vote. He was never in danger of losing it. They were worried about turnout. Harris was chosen to get more black people to the polls. Black turnout for Hillary was really bad, especially after record turnout for Obama (not shocking).

No. Biden was going to win the black vote. He was never in danger of losing it. They were worried about turnout. Harris was chosen to get more black people to the polls. Black turnout for Hillary was really bad, especially after record turnout for Obama (not shocking).
Yea, that was my point.

Reactions: globalhawk
When presidential contender Joe Biden anointed U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris as his running mate in 2020, expectations for her were high.

Harris’ addition to the team energized the Democratic base (she was the first Black woman and first person of South Asian descent on a major party presidential ticket). And at 58, she has brought relative “youth” to the White House.

Given Biden’s age, 80, Harris has also received extra scrutiny because there's a real possibility she might need to step into the Oval Office. Plus, she had been considered an obvious choice to run in 2024 if Biden does not.

That being said, identity politics can only take you so far, and Harris hasn’t brought much else to the table. The consensus seems to be that she has done an extraordinarily unimpressive job as vice president.

One recent headline from Reason magazine said: “Kamala Harris Is a Flop.” And in November, Slate didn’t mince words: “If Biden Runs Again, He Should Pick a New VP.”

Absent from duty
Many of us could be forgiven if we’ve forgotten Harris is even around. Her public appearances aren’t frequent, nor widely publicized. Even Biden botched the pronunciation of her first name at an event this week – something she has made clear she cares about. Ouch.
The White House oddly avoids sending her to events that could showcase her strengths. For instance, Biden headed to California on Thursday to see the damage caused from endless rain in recent weeks. Yet, one area of the state hit hard by the deluge is Harris’ home turf of the Bay Area. Why wasn’t she chosen to represent the administration?

Instead, she’s talking about the 50th anniversary of Roe v. Wade in Florida on Sunday.

Shortly after taking office, Biden gave Harris the significant job of handling the border crisis. He has not taken back the role, but he might as well have.
It took Harris months before even showing up to the border (her one and only visit), and during the Biden administration, migrant encounters at the border have risen to record levels.

It’s not just border cities that are dealing with this. New York Mayor Eric Adams, struggling with the influx of migrants in his city, called this week for a “national czar” to handle the crisis – apparently not realizing Harris is already tasked with the job.

So where is Kamala Harris?
When Harris is out in the world talking to folks, the outtakes often come back to haunt her.
For instance, at an event last April at the Vandenberg Space Force Base, she told a group of adults – and experts on space – that “space is exciting.” She continued: “It spurs our imaginations, and it forces us to ask big questions. Space – it affects us all, and it connects us all.”

Trust me, you need to watch it. Perhaps it would have been a more appropriate presentation at a grade school.

COVID power grab: From student loans to masks, why does Biden want to keep us in a perpetual 'emergency'?

Speaking of school, she was roasted for an October speech she gave announcing $1 billion for schools to replace old buses with electric ones. She got caught up in the moment:

“Who doesn’t love a yellow school bus, right? Can you raise your hand if you love a yellow school bus? ... Many of us went to school on the yellow school bus, right? It’s part of our experience growing up.”
Given Biden’s propensity for awkward gaffes and misstatements, Harris should have been his foil. That’s not the case. Nor have the early predictions that she could outshine her boss come true.

In fact, all this could be encouraging Biden to run again in 2024, something he seems increasingly likely to do. And I don’t think that’s what anyone – especially Democrats – expected with Harris as VP.
She’s lived up completely to my expectations….COMPLETELY USELESS AND AN EMBARRASSMENT.

Reactions: abby97
She's not bright and is lazy. How's that for a "why"
While she does not come across as very smart, she was able to get a law degree and pass the bar exam. She is at least as smart as Trump (I know, that's not saying much) and definitely not lazier. I don't recall you ever complaining about Trump being dumb or lazy.

Last edited:
It's odd how much Republicans dislike Harris and worry about her more than any other VP I can remember. They hated her from the start and they don't even know why.
Dick Cheney, Biden, and Pence were all roundly criticized.
We need a new word to describe your level of partisanship.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Harris' goofy-ass voice is somehow more annoying than the Australian accent. Okay, it's a draw.

She's a straight-up dipshit, tho. And I'm supporting her and AOC in 2024!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
ADVERTISEMENT