ADVERTISEMENT

USC and UCLA to the big 10?

Oklahoma and Texas should reverse themselves and join the Pac Twelve ... Perhaps taking A&M and Florida with them while they are at it.

If they like big stages and winning games that is.

I am left to wonder what is going to happen to Cal. This does not look good for either Cal or Stanford.

If the BIG keeps bringing in large market/ blue blood programs, how long before the Minn, Wisc, NW, Illinois and Iowas become less attractive or dispensable to the big programs? You know, the teams that have been playing each other for a hundred years or more.

How long are they going to want to share all the money with smaller market teams? That’s what pretty much brought down the Big12.
League of 4 teams wouldn't be much fun to watch.

Explain your stance. How is this good for the whole of college football?
If you're an ACC fan I can see why you aren't happy but the ACC, B12, and P12 haven't been compelling to watch for years now. If consolidation makes the 2 conferences that people watch the most that much better its not an awful thing. And it's not just football, ucla playing Indiana/msu/purdue/michigan/Illinois/iowa in bball is a good thing too

And he said he disagrees that this makes cfb less enjoyable, not that it's better for it as a whole. Do you hate capitalism or something? Are you going to be upset if the ACC adds Notre Dame?

If you're an ACC fan I can see why you aren't happy but the ACC, B12, and P12 haven't been compelling to watch for years now. If consolidation makes the 2 conferences that people watch the most that much better its not an awful thing. And it's not just football, ucla playing Indiana/msu/purdue/michigan/Illinois/iowa in bball is a good thing too

And he said he disagrees that this makes cfb less enjoyable, not that it's better for it as a whole. Do you hate capitalism or something? Are you going to be upset if the ACC adds Notre Dame?
No offense, but outside of OSU there isn’t much compelling with Big10 football.

If you're an ACC fan I can see why you aren't happy but the ACC, B12, and P12 haven't been compelling to watch for years now. If consolidation makes the 2 conferences that people watch the most that much better its not an awful thing.
If the Pac 12 isn’t compelling, adding two teams that have combined for one Pac 12 Championship isn’t going to make the Big Ten more entertaining.

We're just inching closer to all of the major programs consolidating and wondering why they're splitting athletic money with schools like Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, etc.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
We're just inching closer to all of the major programs consolidating and wondering why they're splitting athletic money with schools like Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, etc.
a conference with only the top 15 so called elites i don’t think ends up being as attractive (and valuable) as it might appear at first glance. b1g is more than just sum of its parts imo. the possibility of a 6-4 or 52-24 is much more valuable than we think.

I LOVE IT!!! FVCK THE SEC BABAY!!!!! The only constant in this world is change, and this is good change imo.
As long as the SEC keeps winning everything I don’t think it matters if the big ten goes to 69 teams.

I cheat for my 401k to make money, not my favorite sports teams.

a conference with only the top 15 so called elites i don’t think ends up being as attractive (and valuable) as it might appear at first glance. b1g is more than just sum of its parts imo. the possibility of a 6-4 or 52-24 is much more valuable than we think.
Current estimates are that the new rights deal will be worth over $100 million per year. That doesn't happen without all the schools that have helped build the brand.

As long as the SEC keeps winning everything I don’t think it matters if the big ten goes to 69 teams.

Neither of these teams are going to change that. USC should be a strong contender, but since Pete Carroll left they haven't been the consistently top tier team. UCLA hasn't been relevant in football for decades. However, economically it puts the Big 10 in another stratosphere.

Again, change is inevitable and the SEC will not hold the mantle forever.

I don’t have any inside info but that’s my sense, too. Because of what happened when Barnett was there?
I’ll be honest, I don’t know what happened when Barnett was there.

Off hand, I asked if they were ever going to be back. He said there was zero political will to make that happen and that’s not the direction they’re moving.

Last edited:
10 years ago this would’ve annoyed me but it’s officially kill or be killed in college athletics now and my school is part of the have’s.

Having said that, with each passing year, my interest in college football and basketball wanes just a bit more while my interest in the Olympic sports rises a bit.

10 years ago this would’ve annoyed me but it’s officially kill or be killed in college athletics now and my school is part of the have’s.

Having said that, with each passing year, my interest in college football and basketball wanes just a bit more while my interest in the Olympic sports rises a bit.
Exactly. I’d rather add USC and UCLA and survive rather than lose OSU and Michigan and be in Iowa State’s spot

I'll take sign you have no clue on athletic revenue for 200 please

Remember someone needs to lose and we already have a pro league

Reactions: isufan21
ADVERTISEMENT