ADVERTISEMENT

USC fans already talking Smack.

Just read a little of WeAreSC message board...
One guy said Iowa is having a down year this year, and they might win.
Ha!
Most of them were talking about how poorly they were treated by us at our Orange Bowl match up... getting water bottles of piss thrown at them by us, getting farted on by us (lol).

They praise Nebraska fans saying how wonderful they are.

Iowa working class fan base will never get along, or understand, the highfalutin USC fanbase.
I was at the Orange Bowl game and Iowa fans were in full force. Pulling into the stadium parking lot looked like we were pulling into Kinnick ... I was in Miami all week with my Dad and we walked around a lot; attended many festivities centered around the bowl and then - of course - attended the game. I didn't see any instances of Iowa fans treating USC poorly. In fact, I really didn't see many USC fans before or during the game. Every fan base has aholes ... No fan base is exempt.

Last edited:
I was at the Orange Bowl game and Iowa fans were in full force. Pulling into the stadium parking lot looked like we were pulling into Kinnick ... I was in Miami all week with my Dad and we walked around a lot; attended many festivities centered around the bowl and then - of course - attended the game. I didn't see any instances of Iowa fans treating USC poorly. In fact, I really didn't see many USC fans before or during the game. Every fan base has aholes ... No fan base is exempt.

I was there too. Parking lot full of black and gold and easily 10 to 1 Iowa to USC fans. In their defense it was a 3000+ mile trip from Cali for lot of them. Plus Iowa's first major bowl in a decade plus made it a perfect storm to be full of Iowa fans. I'd say I didn't see any poor treatment of USC fans because didn't really see too many of them.

Reactions: Rustys Dad

I was there as well too and for the most part, it seemed liked USC fans simply ignored us. However, to assume that all Iowa fans are choir boys is pretty far from the truth. We have our faction of assholes just like everyone else.

Furthermore, anybody that watched that game knows how out-of-character the false starts and inability to score on 1st & G (TWICE) in the first half. Like you said, one Kaeding missed FG as well.

I feel like this specific game is the one that Hawkeye fans show a total misunderstanding of what actually happened. I read comments like "USC destroyed us" over and over and I question whether those people actually watched the game or just drunkenly peeked at the score every now and then?
this!! i was there man..

I was there. A couple of things. First, maybe some people acted poorly. I didn’t see it but who knows. Second, if you don’t kiss their ass and worship their ground fans are “horrible.” Just like ND. So if fans didn’t “kiss the ring” they were disrespectful, blah blah.

was a blast all the way up to kickoff.. then the second have happened..:(

Reactions: Rustys Dad
Miami Florida fans are the absolute worst I've ever encountered.
Took my son to Oklahoma vs Miami several years back, even the cops were heckling us.
True story.

No actually we played in the 60 &70’s we always got stomped.
I was born in 80 so the Orange Bowl was the only time I’ve see the Hawks play them. I shouldn’t have been lazy and looked it up.

USC owns us. Actually, the PAC 10 has kicked our arse in bowl games for as long as I can remember.

the 1995 Sun Bowl would like a word. Iowa 38, Washington 18. And the '55 and '56 Rose Bowls. But yes, generally not been good for Iowa against the Pac-12 in bowls.

Remember you have thousands fans everywhere that doesn't mean everyone is gonna have the same experience. There's always gonna be bad apples In every fan base.
Agree for sure there was a big thread going though I came across with a lot of takes on that.

Reactions: surftime
Games vs. Pac-10/12 outside of Kinnick in the HF/KF eras:

1981 - Loss to Washington (Rose Bowl)
1982 - Win at Arizona
1985 - Loss to UCLA (Rose Bowl)
1987 - Win at Arizona
1990 - Loss to Washington (Rose Bowl)
1993 - Loss to Cal (Alamo Bowl)
1994 - Loss at Oregon
1995 - Win vs. Washington (Sun Bowl)
1997 - Loss to Arizona St (Sun Bowl)
1998 - Loss at Arizona
2002 - Loss to USC (Orange Bowl)
2004 - Loss at Arizona St
2010 - Loss at Arizona
2015 - Loss to Stanford (Rose Bowl)

Yeah, 3-11 is pretty ugly, and it would be worse if I showed the scores. Also doesn't include ugly loss at pre-Pac-12 Colorado.
FYI I believe we're 4-2 at home vs. Pac-10 over the same stretch.

Definitely a monkey on the Hawkeye back. The good news is that the team has a history of success in San Diego, as does the Big Ten recently (4-game win streak, despite being underdogs in 3 of them; Big Ten has covered spread in all 5 games).

This would be a great win for Iowa. I hope the boys are up for it.

You missed the 2003 and 2009 games. 2003 Hawks beat ASU 21-2, and 2009 the Hawks beat Arizona 27-17 at Kinnick, so that breaks up that losing streak a little.

Just read a little of WeAreSC message board...
One guy said Iowa is having a down year this year, and they might win.
Ha!
Most of them were talking about how poorly they were treated by us at our Orange Bowl match up... getting water bottles of piss thrown at them by us, getting farted on by us (lol).

They praise Nebraska fans saying how wonderful they are.

Iowa working class fan base will never get along, or understand, the highfalutin USC fanbase.
I really hope Iowa fans didn't throw piss on any opposing fans. If that happened to any of us, I'd say we would all hate those fans.

California is a shithole?

Sure.
Los-Angeles-They-Sleep-in-Tents.jpg

California is a shit hole?
Sure.

Obviously the whole state doesn't look like this, but with a state as mismanaged as California, I can't think of a lot of great things to say about it.

You mean like Stanford.. That just sucked not only having their team bitch slap Iowa, but their band was also a bunch of tools.

The nice thing is the SC band will never pull that kind of crap
Stanford fans were totally fine and if you have a problem with what the band did you are fragile little snowflake. Boo hoo

Reactions: Hawksofly101789
USC had 550 total yards to our 323. TOP was 38 minutes for them to our 21 minutes. That's pretty lopsided. It was a pretty dominant performance.
It’s hard to ignore those numbers.

Iowa definitely left points on the board. But in the second half, they absolutely had their way with us.

A big factor in that was KOK forgetting that we had the best OL in the country, while Jermelle and Fred barely saw the ball. It was infuriating to see the panic from our staff even though we could, and SHOULD, have never abandoned the run game so readily.

I saw a scene like that in downtown Atlanta after the 2016 SEC championship game.

You personally don't like California. Got it.
LOL. California is mismanaged, but I am sure you can find a spot to set up your tent there in Cali if you so desire. It Sounds like you have a little California penis envy going on. Well, whatever trips your trigger dude. LOL

Reactions: Kurt Warner
USC fans....LOL They have a beautiful state that they have turned into a shit hole. Let them be smug. ;)
Far from it. I probably wouldn't reside there but it's one of my favorite places to visit, especially Santa Barbara. Cycling
I honestly couldn't care less about California or their politics. My wife is from San Diego. Have a couple cousins that live out there. Most of Cali is nice.
I don’t agree with California’s politics but man do they have some awesome places to go biking. Santa Barbara is my favorite place to vacation with miles and miles of hills if you want a workout or stay along the coast if ocean views are your thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT