ADVERTISEMENT

USC fans already talking Smack.

We got destroyed in that Orange Bowl. That said, USC was the best team in the country when we played them. I want to say they lost a game they shouldn't have late in the season and that kept them from playing for what would have been the championship game.

Edit: actually they'd lost early in the year and then got rolling. They had just dismantled Notre Dame the last game of the year 44-13 before the Orange Bowl. They were good. Heisman winner Carson Palmer at QB.

The game was 10-10 at half with Iowa screwing up 1st and goal and settling for 3....2nd half a different story, but that's not a blow out in my book.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
USC is actually one of the more conservative schools in California along with Pepperdine. Their fans can be a bit smug sometimes but they are pretty polite, and they know football at least. I cannot say any of the above for any of the UC schools,

USC is actually one of the more conservative schools in California along with Pepperdine. Their fans can be a bit smug sometimes but they are pretty polite, and they know football at least. I cannot say any of the above for any of the UC schools,
Your kidding right? A bit Smug! Are you reading the things they are writing?

Last edited:

Not talking about online, I’m talking about at games where I have spoken to them on more than one occasion as an opposing fan. I’m sure there are some jerks out there and online, but I’ve seen my fair share of trolls and sock puppet accounts on every website enough to value my real-time interactions more. So I decided to share that.

Last edited:
Reactions: pink shizzle
USC had 550 total yards to our 323. TOP was 38 minutes for them to our 21 minutes. That's pretty lopsided. It was a pretty dominant performance.
Again, look at the stats by half. If Iowa capitalizes on its opportunities in the first half, the entire second half dynamic changes and it is an entirely different game.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
You sure you have right fanbase? Right now USC fans are hoping Iowa blows out their team out of their extreme displeasure with new AD keeping Clay Helton as their HC. Taking it further, there is a movement to boycott athletic events, all football games, cancel donations, etc....so to me hearing they are talking smack is odd considering the focus isn't even on any bowl game or even recruiting.

You sure you have right fanbase? Right now USC fans are hoping Iowa blows out their team out of their extreme displeasure with new AD keeping Clay Helton as their HC. Taking it further, there is a movement to boycott athletic events, all football games, cancel donations, etc....so to me hearing they are talking smack is odd considering the focus isn't even on any bowl game or even recruiting.

Right now there's an extremely loud, moronic, and childish segment of Iowa's fanbase secretly hoping USC will blow us out so their hatred of Kirk and Brian Ferentz will be validated. Right @OC guru and @pondscum?

To be fair, that's online. There are many dumb Hawk fans that post online and I'm sure other fan bases get a bad impression of us from that (but I think most agree our fanbase in person is generally likeable).

As a few posters mentioned above, most USC fans just want a new coach and have zero faith in Helton. My two roommates amd just about everyone I know here are as well and they have nothing but respect for Iowa's defense. The offense though, is a different story.

California is a shithole?

Sure.
So.Cal. is one of my least favorite places to visit. It's like a desert hellscape with ridiculous traffic and concrete eyesore. I can do Northern California, a lot more scenery.

Regardless though, I'm always ready to head home shortly after arriving. Full disclosure, probably 10 of my trips are for work, compared to only 2 for fun.

To be fair when The Hawks played USC in the Orange Bowl Pete Carroll was at the height of his powers at SC, they probably should have been playing for a national championship that year.

Reactions: Wadzinator
To be fair when The Hawks played USC in the Orange Bowl Pete Carroll was at the height of his powers at SC, they probably should have been playing for a national championship that year.
Yeah if I remember right they were a 2-loss team that year.They probably should have been playing for the national title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT