ADVERTISEMENT

Used Golf Clubs

kcoop35

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2001
Is there anywhere in Des Moines besides the Play It Again sports that sells used Golf equipment?

Not sure what your budget is but it seems like a set of clubs now a days, even good sets are cheap cheap cheap. Seems like TVs almost, all the abundance of new tech has driven the prices down. Good sets around $399.

Is there anywhere in Des Moines besides the Play It Again sports that sells used Golf equipment?
What a serendipitous question? It so happens I am in the process of preparing to list a set of golf clubs on e-bay. I live between Cedar Rapids and Iowa City, but getting them to Des Moines is not an intimidating challenge.

To Board Honchos: Am I allowed by board rules to say more? Of if we were to get into a description, price, etc., would we have to go the e-mail route?

Not sure what your budget is but it seems like a set of clubs now a days, even good sets are cheap cheap cheap. Seems like TVs almost, all the abundance of new tech has driven the prices down. Good sets around $399.
You aren't talking good NEW sets for $399, nyet?

What a serendipitous question? It so happens I am in the process of preparing to list a set of golf clubs on e-bay. I live between Cedar Rapids and Iowa City, but getting them to Des Moines is not an intimidating challenge.

To Board Honchos: Am I allowed by board rules to say more? Of if we were to get into a description, price, etc., would we have to go the e-mail route?

Sounds like a prime time to try the private conservation feature.

HROTers do not buy used cars, used golf clubs, or anything
used. On our salaries it is affordable to buy a new Lexus,
to buy a membership at a private Golf Club, and to own a
$300,000 home.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
How does that work? Assuming you mean "conversation" and not "conservation"? You had me REALLY confused there for a minute. ;)

Damn, I thought that didnt look right after I typed it but the phone didnt correct it. Now that I look at it, I dont think we can do private conversations unless we are members of the site. On CR, if I click on a user name, there is an option to start a private conversation next to follow and ignore. On HROT, I dont have the same option.

So disregard my suggestion.

Kinleys on Fleur sells used sets, and the pro shop is pretty reasonable when it comes to new grips, lie angles etc

Reactions: jurness
If you are buying clubs used I would go with some Pings or 845's.

They are the best value usually and also fit most average sized players the best.

I used to buy new and got tired of spending $800 on a set of clubs and trading them in a year or two later for $200. I really wanted some AP2's and found a local guy looking to sell. Purchased a 3 year old set in great condition with extended project x shafts P through 4 iron for $250.

I would recommend 2nd Swing. They are outstanding. I have never had a bad issue with them. Most clubs on there have actual photo's of the club you are purchasing. I buy several clubs a year from them. I like Taylor Made TP products, and usually, I can score them slightly used from 2nd Swing when the original owner realizes they can't swing them, usually after 1 or 2 rounds. My next purchase will be a Titleist 915Fd 15 with a Blueboard stiff. I will check out 2nd swing until they have a decent one in good shape and probably save $100.00

Kinley's does have the best Club repair in town.

HROTers do not buy used cars, used golf clubs, or anything
used. On our salaries it is affordable to buy a new Lexus,
to buy a membership at a private Golf Club, and to own a
$300,000 home.
Ruined good post with the $300k house. That's a starter home in CO. We won't even talk about the west coast. Just saying.

I would recommend 2nd Swing. They are outstanding. I have never had a bad issue with them. Most clubs on there have actual photo's of the club you are purchasing. I buy several clubs a year from them. I like Taylor Made TP products, and usually, I can score them slightly used from 2nd Swing when the original owner realizes they can't swing them, usually after 1 or 2 rounds. My next purchase will be a Titleist 915Fd 15 with a Blueboard stiff. I will check out 2nd swing until they have a decent one in good shape and probably save $100.00

Kinley's does have the best Club repair in town.

My buddy works at 2nd Swing headquarters and they have nearly anything you need. They're incredibly knowledgeable over the phone and if you're in the MSP area their club fitting is fantastic. Highly recommend looking at their offering.

My wife wants me to pull the trigger and get a set so we can go golfing, but I really have no desire to start this hobby that can be expensive.

Ruined good post with the $300k house. That's a starter home in CO. We won't even talk about the west coast. Just saying.
I figured that he meant that what they saved on housing allowed them to buy the Lexus and join the country club.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT