ADVERTISEMENT

Uthoff signs NBA Deal with Wizzards

Jarrod had a bit of a welcome to the NBA moment. Did a good job sprinting in transition to create a layup only to have Bol block it from behind.

NBA teams will want him to hit his threes, but they were on line. Could chalk up his misses to rust. Will be a common theme for a lot of players. 89-82 is pretty low scoring for a Wizards game this year.

Only watched the 2nd half where Tyler got one of his baskets. Most of his stats must have come in the 1st half. Still naturally talented on offense when he does get his chance. His defensive grade would be in the B range. Saw some hustle, saw some lapses. He has the athletic ability to continue to improve.

Ya, go make some serious money like White.
Yep. That's a lot more than he'll make in an office, and he can come back as a relatively young man with a good bankroll for whatever follows. I'm sure these ideas are floating in his head constantly. Tough gig on the fringe of life changing dough (NBA).

Resurrecting this thread as I just happened upon Uthoff's current G league team(Erie) getting demolished in a playoff game on espn news.
Agree that Jarrod's best shot was probably to go the A. White route if he wanted to make better money playing ball.

Resurrecting this thread as I just happened upon Uthoff's current G league team(Erie) getting demolished in a playoff game on espn news.
Agree that Jarrod's best shot was probably to go the A. White route if he wanted to make better money playing ball.

He is only 27 and I suspect he goes overseas at somepoint.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
He is only 27 and I suspect he goes overseas at somepoint.
While 27 is still a young man to a guy like me within shouting distance of retirement, it's middle age for the average b-ball career. Going overseas to make top tier league money can't be too far off before that option goes away.

With Jarrod's all-round game, I thought he would find a home in the NBA, maybe not as a starter, but could be a quality sub.

While 27 is still a young man to a guy like me within shouting distance of retirement, it's middle age for the average b-ball career. Going overseas to make top tier league money can't be too far off before that option goes away.

Agreed. Though Uthoff's game is kind of a poor mans Dirk Nowitski, so does not rely heavily on althleticsim. His size and skill could take him well into his mid to late 30's, barring significant injuries of course.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT