ADVERTISEMENT

UWW Junior Freestyle Thread

HawkTalk3

HR Heisman
Nov 11, 2009
Last edited:
Going to be some great competition for these guys. Looking forward to see where Marinelli and Happel stack up. Happel has some studs at his weight - Lugo Yianni, Storr.

Going to be some great competition for these guys. Looking forward to see where Marinelli and Happel stack up. Happel has some studs at his weight - Lugo Yianni, Storr.

Happel vs Storr is the match I really want to see. I think they went 2nd and 3rd at Fargo last summer. Gives us a preview of what to expect this coming season

Reactions: crablegs1
Thomsen and Sherry better step their game up significantly for this weekend. Good for them trying big boys out.

Glad to see Young at 79

Reactions: CumberlandHawk
I think it's crazy that Thomsen is first year junior and Teasdale is going into his second year.

Wait, is that serious? Teasdale is a high school Junior and Thomsen is a Freshmen in College and you are saying that Teasdale is a year OLDER for wrestling age bracket purposes? If that is true that is pretty crazy.

Wait, is that serious? Teasdale is a high school Junior and Thomsen is a Freshmen in College and you are saying that Teasdale is a year OLDER for wrestling age bracket purposes? If that is true that is pretty crazy.

Pretty sure you have the wrong Thomsen.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Blankenship was 19-10 last year for Nebraska at 165 pounds, not sure I saw a high profile win for him in his results page
(h/t to WrestleStat https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/45857/blankenship-john/profile)

Otomo was a 197'er at Wisconsin-La Crosse, didn't qualify for nationals
I think Marinelli and Young could both make the finals. But these two have limited Freestyle and I wonder how there top game is and par ter defense. McFadden will be a real tough test for Marinelli. Happel looks good til he hits Lugo.

OK, I am going to be that guy: I see Flo is streaming the US Open, with 15 mats.....is the UWW Junior Tournament imbedded in the US Open and included in this coverage? I see the results and brackets but not sure on video. If so, are specific mats designated for Juniors?

OK, I am going to be that guy: I see Flo is streaming the US Open, with 15 mats.....is the UWW Junior Tournament imbedded in the US Open and included in this coverage? I see the results and brackets but not sure on video. If so, are specific mats designated for Juniors?

Yes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT