ADVERTISEMENT

Van Ness and NFL..

You are correct. Inside LB is not a premier draft position. Guys have to be absolute freaks to get taken in the first round. NFL game is different than it used to be. Packers were panned for taking Quay Walker in the first round at inside linebacker. He is a great athlete but just isn't very good as a rookie. He might end up being good.

There are examples of the NFL overlooking players, but the vast majority of the time the players who are good are those with the measurables, along with working hard. Wirfs went very high because he was/is a freak athlete, along with being a good fundamental player. Bucs now have one of the best tackles in football. Linderbaum's arms were a bit short, but in terms of athletic ability for a center he was off the charts athletic. Ravens look smart for taking him in the first round.
Good post. I truly believe that VanNess will go mid 1st round next year in a pretty deep edge class

I think NFL scouts are worried about his speed/athleticism. Every year they underestimate players because of some measurable and every year players prove them wrong. Jack is a gamer, I don’t care what his 40 is and I hope my Dolphins end up with him.
JC size is will hinder his value to some teams. I think he will be great in the right scheme that utilizes bigger backers like the Patriots.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
ADVERTISEMENT