ADVERTISEMENT

Van ness.

I would too but no guarantees. Ness reminds me of Ironside tho.

What do you see in SVN that reminds you of Ironside? I've only watched him at WNO(helluva good match with Mendez btw) so limited sample size, but can't say that I see the comparison.

What do you see in SVN that reminds you of Ironside? I've only watched him at WNO(helluva good match with Mendez btw) so limited sample size, but can't say that I see the comparison.
Pace and non stop attacks. Always pressing forward. Good in all positions.

Reactions: jrod65
Didn’t Rathjen tech him?

He did indeed(1st video). Good win for Rathjen for sure. I would caution against overlooking Van Ness based off of this one match, though. He looked damn good at WNO in Carver last year(2nd video if you have a Flo account). You usually don't become a top PFP HS wrestler unless you're elite.

Like others have mentioned, I hope the Hawks can land Mendez.

Yeah, I'l be honest; I was WAY the hell off...

I thought it would be Princeton (supposed favorite based on rumors) or Rutgers (continuation of his dad's legacy).

And, being a Hoftra guy who enjoyed a friendship with both Joe D. and Donny P., I was cool with either one.

So, I am a little bummed.

He did indeed(1st video). Good win for Rathjen for sure. I would caution against overlooking Van Ness based off of this one match, though. He looked damn good at WNO in Carver last year(2nd video if you have a Flo account). You usually don't become a top PFP HS wrestler unless you're elite.

Like others have mentioned, I hope the Hawks can land Mendez.

I believe Van Ness was a relative freestyle novice and coming off injury. His overall results have been at a different level than Rathjen's, but it's still a good win that shows what he's capable of.

The thing I've always loved about Van Ness is his motor and handfighting, both of which are elite at that level. I'm surprised the hawks weren't in on him. Sounds like they might not have thought they had a serious shot because of the east coast ties. He's going to be a hammer for them unfortunately. He has the attacking attitude that thrives in that room.

he also has to sit a year due to a badly broken tibia that has had some healing issues...so the big question is... Can Cael keep him happy as he sits out a year after being a strong Rutgers lean....and has friends and strong ties to that program...and everyone knows that Cael and the New Jersey Lightweights tend to not work out in the long run.

he also has to sit a year due to a badly broken tibia that has had some healing issues...so the big question is... Can Cael keep him happy as he sits out a year after being a strong Rutgers lean....and has friends and strong ties to that program...and everyone knows that Cael and the New Jersey Lightweights tend to not work out in the long run.
Didn't he just recently break his leg? He was slated to wrestle at Who's Number One, and recently pulled out. How would it already have had healing issues? And the year he's missing is this year (senior year), not his first year at Penn State. Unless you have information that's not public?

Too bad he isnt starting this year so I could watch Desanto or Eierman shred him up.

Didn't he just recently break his leg? He was slated to wrestle at Who's Number One, and recently pulled out. How would it already have had healing issues? And the year he's missing is this year (senior year), not his first year at Penn State. Unless you have information that's not public?
thats just from the information provided in one of the PSU get to know the Wrestler News paper blurbs they do on all of their incoming freshmen. Nothing hidden and it was student reporter who wrote it...he may have made a mistake but maybe i misread it...i am pretty sure of what i read but mistakes happen.

He said on a podcast (Ailey Bros?) that it recently happened in practice - low down near ankle. Believe he also said that he’ll start rehabbing soon, but I was listening while doing other things, so need to listen to that part again

He said on a podcast (Ailey Bros?) that it recently happened in practice - low down near ankle. Believe he also said that he’ll start rehabbing soon, but I was listening while doing other things, so need to listen to that part again
I've actually had the same injury (or very similar as it could be the other bone). From my experience, the difficulty of recovery depends on if he damaged the ligaments in the ankle. That plagued me for a couple years, much more than the actual broken bone.

I obviously didn't have access to elite rehab programs, so I have no doubts he'd recover much better than me in that case, but if he didn't damage the ligaments, I'd feel very comfortable about him being back on the mat by next year no problem without any ill effects.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT