ADVERTISEMENT

Vanity Fair: Desantis reconsidering challenging Trump for 2024 GOP nomination

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
But according to four prominent Republicans, DeSantis appears to be reconsidering his plans to run. Sources told me DeSantis recently indicated to donors that he would not challenge Trump for the Republican nomination. "He's led them to believe he will not run if Trump does," a Republican briefed on the donor conversations told me. Another source told me DeSantis's calculus is that, at age 44, he can easily wait until the next presidential cycle, so why risk a brutal primary fight against a pugilist like Trump? "He can walk into the presidency in 2028 without pissing off Trump or Florida," the source said. "What would you rather do? Be the governor of Florida for certain or go run for president?"

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Today I learned DeSantis is 44. I'm 43. He's a rough 44. If he is 44 then I look like I'm in my 20s. Doubt he's got another 20 in him.

Reactions: HawkMD and Moral
I would rather he did run, lose to Trump, and have his political career end there. However, 2nd terms for Governors like him often don’t go well.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
lol this is the least surprising thing ever….I watched the debate with him and Crist….Trump would eat Desantis alive if given an open mic and a tv camera.

Desantis is phvcked either way. If he does run, Trump will ruin him. And if doesn’t, people will be so sick of dealing with four more years of Trump there’s no way they’ll vote for his Mini-Me in 2028.

Ihhawks will be destroyed his whole life’s happiness is tied to lil Ron winning for him cause he never could

But according to four prominent Republicans, DeSantis appears to be reconsidering his plans to run. Sources told me DeSantis recently indicated to donors that he would not challenge Trump for the Republican nomination. "He's led them to believe he will not run if Trump does," a Republican briefed on the donor conversations told me. Another source told me DeSantis's calculus is that, at age 44, he can easily wait until the next presidential cycle, so why risk a brutal primary fight against a pugilist like Trump? "He can walk into the presidency in 2028 without pissing off Trump or Florida," the source said. "What would you rather do? Be the governor of Florida for certain or go run for president?"
I’m not sure trump will be eligible to run in 2024, so for now there’s no reason to show your hand

I don’t believe this for one minute, but if the party bows to Trump in 2024, they guarantee a D presidency.

Careful Ron you'll be another Christ Christie. Christie made the same calculation that Ron made. 4 to 6 yrs is a lifetime in politics.

Last edited:
lol this is the least surprising thing ever….I watched the debate with him and Crist….Trump would eat Desantis alive if given an open mic and a tv camera.

Did you see those facial expressions? Not a stable person

ADVERTISEMENT