ADVERTISEMENT

Vetting the Justice

I copied a post I made shortly after the 2016 election about my vote. There are literally dozens of others. You think I lied in all of them, even immediately after the election before Trump did one single thing as President?

And my word that I am voting for Biden isn’t “proof” that you are wrong when YOU say I’m voting for Trump?

To use your words.....
You’re an odd guy.
No, your statement that you are voting for Biden isn’t proof of anything. Look, you said my opinion doesn’t matter...fine. So why do you keep trying to convince me?

Tell you what- I won’t bring it up again. If you say you’re independent and are a Biden voter I’ll take you at your word. Fair enough?

Bingo.

Must win the WH and Senate if they are going to have any chance of expanding the Court to counter the strengthening fascist control.

With the current Court - and even more so with the new Trump pick - it will be nearly impossible for Biden to do what needs to be done.

Sure, he can and will do a lot by Executive Order, but he won't even be able to get us back to 2016 that way. He needs a cooperative Congress and a favorable Court - else America and the world are toast.

You mean violate the Constitution of the United States

🤣🤣🤣
I'm not sure what's funnier, that you said it or that you believe it.
ok then give me some examples of how the courts have thrown the law out the window and sided with Trump. If they have, the higher courts have certainly blocked it. Lets have an honest discussion about it

Were they legally appointed to serve their constituents as Senators?

Then what is your and their problem with that?

If a Democrat was appointed you wouldn't be posting about it, ya hack.
Just a reminder and also another item to add to the list besides the GOP Senators being lying hypocritical pieces of shit, ya hack.

Just a reminder and also another item to add to the list besides the GOP Senators being lying hypocritical pieces of shit, ya hack.

So basically they were legally and appropriately appointed to their positions and you just don't like it because they don't share your political beliefs.

Cry me a river ya big baby.

No crying needed try giving a shit for once about the Republic.

I give a shit, I also realize this is how politics is played, it's a dirty game. It's been dirty since the beginning, since before you or i were born.

Are you suggesting we can't appoint any judges until all 100 Senators are elected per your personal preference? I'm glad people like you aren't running this Republic, it would be even more of a shit show than it already is. Try relying on emotion less and use your noggin once in a while. I'm voting for Biden and realize i have zero power over this appointee as i had zero power over what the senate majority did in 2016. If you step back you will realize that Democrats have done things Republicans don't like too. That's how this works. If you don't like it, vote them out. Pissing and moaning on a message board isn't going to do a damn bit of good. You haven't changed one persons mind with all your inane reactionary posts these last few months.

The "will of the people" elected Republican governors to make these appointments when necessary. The tweeter didn't think of that though, did they? They are legit Senators and the functions they serve are all legitimate. You just don't like it.

It’s funny how Dems think they should get to nominate every Supreme Court justice, and have a hissy fit when they don’t get their way. Thats not the way the process works.

There is a good chance Biden will get to fill 2 SC openings. If Dems control the Senate they can confirm whomever they want, and there is nothing Repubs can do about it.

It’s the Republicans turn right now. Democrats get their turn for the next one.
Fine. And remember to keep your mouth shut if there's ever a GOP president and a Dem Senate. The argument Moscow Mitch is making RIGHT NOW means they don't have to consider a single nominee from day one of the first term. Do you agree?

Reactions: naturalmwa
Kinda makes the GOP Senatorslook even dumber than we thought.

Rubber stamping a nominee before one is even named doesn't play well with Indees, imo.
Before they are even named? This selection isn’t from Biden’s nonexistent list. Trump has submitted his list and we know who the top candidates are. The top two seem to have been pretty well vetted IMO and if he selects one of those two I suspect that the senators have already done plenty of research. It’s out there. In fact I have watched 2 Amy Coney Barrett interviews already today myself. One from Hillsdale College and another from Notre Dame Law school both on YT.

Honestly, with that kinda info available, why do we really need 30 days of prep? How about senators do their own leg work and then we have 2 days of questioning and move on? Or does that not give Harris, Aunt Amy, and Booker et al enough TV time to grandstand? For that’s all this is if we are being honest.

So in this, you are saying the Garland confirmation should have been brought to the floor of the Senate.

And you are contradicting your own post. You originally claimed that it has happened multiple times that a hearing has been postponed because of an election year. So again, please list where the vote has been postponed because of an election year.
They should have brought it to a vote yes. And then defeated him. Much in the same way this as being discussed, many probably figured if we already don’t have the votes to confirm why go thru the theatrics?

They should have brought it to a vote yes. And then defeated him. Much in the same way this as being discussed, many probably figured if we already don’t have the votes to confirm why go thru the theatrics?
Defeated a judge that Moscow Mitch had previously specifically endorsed as an acceptable Obama nominee? Yeah, they had to avoid that at all costs.

Well the first 2 amendments easily come to mind
What in this:

Must win the WH and Senate if they are going to have any chance of expanding the Court to counter the strengthening fascist control.

With the current Court - and even more so with the new Trump pick - it will be nearly impossible for Biden to do what needs to be done.

Sure, he can and will do a lot by Executive Order, but he won't even be able to get us back to 2016 that way. He needs a cooperative Congress and a favorable Court - else America and the world are toast.

...violates either of them?

Defeated a judge that Moscow Mitch had previously specifically endorsed as an acceptable Obama nominee? Yeah, they had to avoid that at all costs.
Agreed. Hold over the pick for the next president. If it was Clinton no loss. If it wasn’t......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT