ADVERTISEMENT

Vice-Killing Cancer on HBO

Dorrman

HR All-American
Oct 1, 2001
Did anyone get a chance to watch this? Very interesting, Doctors are injecting viruses such as HIV or small pox in cancer patient's bodies. The viruses are slighting modified to only attack the cancer cells. The results have been pretty good so far. The feeling is this may eventually be the cancer cure everyone has been looking for. Very good watch, I suggest sitting down and watching it sometime this week.

Snap1.jpg

what's the virus feed on when the cancer cells are destroyed? Do they "starve" themselves and die?

Here is the link to the piece -- it's available online without having HBO. It is quite interesting what they are doing, especially in Rochester and Philly. Seemed like the stuff in Texas is still a bit more risky. I know UW Hospital here in Madison has begun doing some of the same work with modified HIV that they were doing in Philadelphia. Maybe this could be a game-changer in the search for a cure for some cancers.

Originally posted by denmar81:
what's the virus feed on when the cancer cells are destroyed?  Do they "starve"  themselves and die?
Not sure, but it seemed similar to a flu shot. In the pediatric leukemia treatment the inactive virus interacts with Tcells and pretty much teaches them to kill the cancer cells. 35 out of 39 patients have zero traces of cancer remaining. They said it could be FDA approved by 2016
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Very interesting indeed. One woman had a golf ball size tumor growing on her forehead, within 12 hours that tumor was gone and within 36 hours all of her tumors were gone and she was cancer free. The only side effect was intense pain in the areas of the tumors. It is definitely worth watching. This isn't treatment, this is curing the disease. Imagine getting told today you have cancer, tomorrow you get a shot, within the week you are cancer free. I was expecting a 5 page thread on it to be honest. This is truly a game changer when it comes to cancer.

Originally posted by UNIHawkfan:
Originally posted by denmar81:
what's the virus feed on when the cancer cells are destroyed? Do they "starve" themselves and die?
Not sure, but it seemed similar to a flu shot. In the pediatric leukemia treatment the inactive virus interacts with Tcells and pretty much teaches them to kill the cancer cells. 35 out of 39 patients have zero traces of cancer remaining. They said it could be FDA approved by 2016
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I believe they said the genes were modified in the viruses much in the same manner they are in vaccinations so they don't affect human cells.

Watched it, wow that's some amazing stuff. It will be interesting to see if 2016 is actually achievable for the leukemia/HIV one they featured at the end. You'd have to assume that the FDA will want some level of validation with each pairing of virus/specific cancer subtype, I wonder how the body will react when you get to other soft tissues such as lung, pancreas or colorectal

The other thing that got my inner cynic going was the part about funding. Would big pharma stifle this sort of thing? You'd hope not

Thanks for posting. Just watched it. Gives us all hope. Have known too many people who have been affected by cancer and were taken way too early.

Did anyone get a chance to watch this? Very interesting, Doctors are injecting viruses such as HIV or small pox in cancer patient's bodies. The viruses are slighting modified to only attack the cancer cells. The results have been pretty good so far. The feeling is this may eventually be the cancer cure everyone has been looking for. Very good watch, I suggest sitting down and watching it sometime this week.
Any updates/follow up on this?

I KNEW my vices would pay off someday! Hooker and blow late lunch it is!

Yes, I would like an update as well. Is this available now, or did it turn out to be BS like all the miracle cancer cures that came before?

I've tried googling but I seem to be caught in a loop that always leads to p0rn. Anyone else have any luck finding out about this cancer thing? Tia.

Reactions: Moral
ADVERTISEMENT